Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Another week is wrapping up in Diamond Dynasty as folks are getting to better understand the landscape after the major roster update and skyrocketing market prices. The All I Do Is Win pack was also released, which only included pitchers. All that being said, it's time to look ahead once again and try to predict who might be getting a ratings boost on Monday morning.

I'll be breaking the predictions into tiers based on my own confidence level. Also one last note, I went very light on predictions this week as I have no idea how they will go coming off the large update last week.

Ratings Boost Probability: High

-Hisashi Iwakuma - When you throw the first AL no-hitter since 2012, you tend to get noticed. Iwakuma has also been very good overall the past month. He had a rough start to the year and some injury issues, but has bounced back very nicely for the Mariners.

-Chris Davis - Chris Davis just keeps hitting bombs. He’s got nine home runs the last 14 days, 15 in the past month. He’s a beast.

Read More - Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (8/16/15)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 redsox4evur @ 08/16/15 02:44 PM
David Ortiz is a robot he doesn't age...

# 2 ChaseB @ 08/16/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
David Ortiz is a robot he doesn't age...
Total cyborg.

# 3 Gambit1193 @ 08/17/15 02:56 AM
Machado a Diamond. Increases for DeGrom, Betances, Chapman, Kipnis. Joc is now a bronze. Noah Syndergard a Gold. Brandon Crawford a gold.

# 4 BlessingSpore72 @ 08/17/15 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
Machado a Diamond. Increases for DeGrom, Betances, Chapman, Kipnis. Joc is now a bronze. Noah Syndergard a Gold. Brandon Crawford a gold.
I was going to say there should be no way that machado is rated higher then donaldson, when i saw machado was a 94. But then i clicked on Donaldson and he is 95 now

edit: I flipped a ton of machado's this weekend. Now i wish i held onto one

# 5 thescottyglasgow @ 08/17/15 08:54 AM
so much for everyone getting updated uniformily this is the same has before... I thought the point of the big change was players would be able to be updated quickly and accurately. If Chris Davis and Nelson Cruz got no boost and Joc Pederson went down this week is the same old thing. Let me use Joc, so he doesnt homer since the AS break and keeps his rating but last week he was on base a ton and hit two hrs so he gets a big decrease. So what they promised is not true again how surprising. I am not saying Joc shouldnt have been decreased just pointing out that these ratings still make no sense on how they are changed.

# 6 vc15 @ 08/17/15 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
I was going to say there should be no way that machado is rated higher then donaldson, when i saw machado was a 94. But then i clicked on Donaldson and he is 95 now

edit: I flipped a ton of machado's this weekend. Now i wish i held onto one
Did Donaldson's right vs left ratings get bumped? His contact/power vs righties was under 70.

# 7 D13 @ 08/17/15 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
so much for everyone getting updated uniformily this is the same has before... I thought the point of the big change was players would be able to be updated quickly and accurately. If Chris Davis and Nelson Cruz got no boost and Joc Pederson went down this week is the same old thing. Let me use Joc, so he doesnt homer since the AS break and keeps his rating but last week he was on base a ton and hit two hrs so he gets a big decrease. So what they promised is not true again how surprising. I am not saying Joc shouldnt have been decreased just pointing out that these ratings still make no sense on how they are changed.

It always seems over the years that the devs and ratings guys have ALWAYS been a week behind when increasing or decreasing a guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 redsox4evur @ 08/17/15 11:23 AM
I figured Thor was going to be upgraded this week so I grabbed him last night for like 500 stubs. Currently selling at 1,700. Going to hang on to him for a little while for his value to go up some more. Also grabbed Betances this weekend, so another guy I picked up got an upgrade.

# 9 jake214 @ 08/17/15 11:46 AM
Not surprised at all on Joc dropping in contact he certainly deserves it but shoot him some love on defense. He is still a 70 at defense only reason he's currently playing is for his defense. And where is the rookie Peraza he played a few games early last week for the Dodgers and didn't get added. My bad just found Peraza rated a 75.

# 10 redsox4evur @ 08/17/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake214
Not surprised at all on Joc dropping in contact he certainly deserves it but shoot him some love on defense. He is still a 70 at defense only reason he's currently playing is for his defense. And where is the rookie Peraza he played a few games early last week for the Dodgers and didn't get added.
He probably didn't get his paperwork in on time. Next week.

# 11 thescottyglasgow @ 08/17/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake214
Not surprised at all on Joc dropping in contact he certainly deserves it but shoot him some love on defense. He is still a 70 at defense only reason he's currently playing is for his defense. And where is the rookie Peraza he played a few games early last week for the Dodgers and didn't get added.
Yeah sorry I just mean that I thought now they werent going to be a human doing them. I thought the numbers would just go into a computer but obviously these are humans doing it just looking over guys like chris davis who didnt change and I was just saying Joc cuz I know he had multiple hrs and went down. I agree he should have gone down but no way after last week he should have gone down over a month ago but maybe the new algorithim and computer "thought" he would turn it around before and not anymore I dont know.

# 12 jake214 @ 08/17/15 12:04 PM
Oops my bad Peraza is there rated 75. But why is Fernandez rated higher in almost every major category over Kershaw. Only stamina where Kershaw is a 99 is higher. I know he is a overall 99 but a 88 at K's seems a little low for someone with 205 K's in 162 innings. And I suck pitching with him

# 13 BlessingSpore72 @ 08/17/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
Yeah sorry I just mean that I thought now they werent going to be a human doing them. I thought the numbers would just go into a computer but obviously these are humans doing it just looking over guys like chris davis who didnt change and I was just saying Joc cuz I know he had multiple hrs and went down. I agree he should have gone down but no way after last week he should have gone down over a month ago but maybe the new algorithim and computer "thought" he would turn it around before and not anymore I dont know.
Chris Davis went from 81 to 84. But he should be higher the way he is crushing it. Cruz should be higher as well. This is another huge update though

# 14 thescottyglasgow @ 08/17/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
Chris Davis went from 81 to 84. But he should be higher the way he is crushing it. Cruz should be higher as well. This is another huge update though
Davis didnt change at all he just went from RF to 1B change him back to RF and he is a 81.

# 15 BigDaddyRev @ 08/17/15 12:43 PM
This update reeks of last weeks whiny fans with Donaldson and Machado because I don't see why these two guy were the only ones with any major upgrades, not saying they didn't deserve it but damn man Cueto had a great week last week and no change Cruz is on a tear, Why give Carlos Gomez a big increase just to drop him 2 points. If there trying for the dynamic rating system its failing miserably

# 16 ChaseB @ 08/17/15 02:14 PM
I'm doing my update now, but a lot of the ratings changes do in some part have to do with tweaking defense and physical (stealing etc.) attributes, which were things generally not usually touched to this point.

# 17 Gambit1193 @ 08/17/15 06:05 PM
Are Chapman or Betances ever going to be Diamond? Pretty sure they've been better than Kimbrel

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.