Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

IGN has posted some new WWE 2K16 screenshots, Kevin Owens' ring entrance and 19 more confirmed wrestlers for the roster, which features over 120 unique models.

Below is a list of the 38 confirmed wrestlers on the roster, more will be announced by IGN every Monday until release on October 27.
  • Adam Rose
  • Bo Dallas
  • Brie Bella
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Hideo Itami
  • Jack Swagger
  • Kevin Owens
  • Adrian Neville
  • Nikki Bella
  • Ric Flair
  • Sami Zayn
  • Roman Reigns
  • Stardust
  • Sting
  • Tyler Breeze
  • The Ultimate Warrior
  • Zack Ryder
Previously revealed:
  • Booker T
  • Colonel Mustafa
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • General Adnan
  • Kalisto
  • Kane
  • Lord Steven Regal
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina
  • Triple H
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
  • Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Bad News Barrett
  • Paige
  • Finn Bálor

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Blasian @ 08/17/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
It's a no win situation. I on the other hand could not care less about any legends outside of pretty much Austin and Rock, I just want a perfect current roster.
I hear you. I still like wrestling games so its not a no win situation for me. I can still play with current guys. I'm just not passionate with the current guys. But even if they give me a dlc with legends I'm fine with that. I don't play much 2k15 on my xbone. But when I do I push mostly the legends in my universe and a few current vguys. If they have create an arena and a good caw and slots then my problem would be solved pretty much. But I liked the direction of 2k15 though. So I can tell 2k16 could be great.

# 22 spidertour02 @ 08/17/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I don't think you're going to get a huge number of Attitude or old school guys as from what I have heard they are trying to be accurate with current roster and NXT.
I think they have to include a good number of Attitude Era stars considering that Stone Cold is on the cover and is the focus of his own Showcase. They would look pretty foolish if they cast a huge spotlight on the era and included very few people from it ...

# 23 wiscowilz @ 08/17/15 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
I think they have to include a good number of Attitude Era stars considering that Stone Cold is on the cover and is the focus of his own Showcase. They would look pretty foolish if they cast a huge spotlight on the era and included very few people from it ...
I hear ya there but they have already stated that they are focused on having a very accurate roster. Hell it was reported months ago that Joe was going to probably be going in to be scanned (DLC most likely).

When they said 120+ unique I looked at the current roster and main NXT roster and figured there were about 25-30 spots for legends)

# 24 Blasian @ 08/17/15 09:11 PM
Quote:
I hear ya there but they have already stated that they are focused on having a very accurate roster. Hell it was reported months ago that Joe was going to probably be going in to be scanned (DLC most likely).

When they said 120+ unique I looked at the current roster and main NXT roster and figured there were about 25-30 spots for legends)
I would be fine with 25-30. I think you have to give some appeal for the fans if the past especially when Austin was on top of the biggest era in wrestling.

# 25 Trent Booty @ 08/17/15 09:56 PM
I don't think we've ever had peen close to that many legends straight out of the box before. That's plenty.

# 26 stefangrey @ 08/17/15 09:57 PM
Is it pronounced Marie-ville or Mary-ville for Owens. She says the former in the clip, but the latter on raw....

# 27 satchmykels @ 08/18/15 12:24 AM
Quote:

Sounds perfect!!!

# 28 BMDinTDOT @ 08/18/15 02:35 AM
Still a major buzzkill that this roster won't have Hulk Hogan or CM Punk...

WWE 2K14 will still have the GOAT roster just a shame that game wasn't on next gen

# 29 DBMcGee3 @ 08/18/15 10:02 AM
Sting, Flair and the Ultimate Warrior are crucial, glad to see they retained all those rights. I can deal with the current roster, but in past years I've found great joy in making a late 80s/early 90s Universe, with weekly shows for both WWF and WCW. I took last year off from this game, but if the creation options are still as plentiful as they were in last gen, it's just super easy, fun and nostalgic to download tons of legendary CAWs, arenas, etc and take a trip back to my childhood.

I can see it now....Starrcade.....Sting vs Muta for the TV title, Luger vs. Double A for the U.S., and of course Flair vs. Steamboat for THE strap.

C'mon 2k, don't eff this up for me!

# 30 Blasian @ 08/18/15 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Sting, Flair and the Ultimate Warrior are crucial, glad to see they retained all those rights. I can deal with the current roster, but in past years I've found great joy in making a late 80s/early 90s Universe, with weekly shows for both WWF and WCW. I took last year off from this game, but if the creation options are still as plentiful as they were in last gen, it's just super easy, fun and nostalgic to download tons of legendary CAWs, arenas, etc and take a trip back to my childhood.

I can see it now....Starrcade.....Sting vs Muta for the TV title, Luger vs. Double A for the U.S., and of course Flair vs. Steamboat for THE strap.

C'mon 2k, don't eff this up for me!
Yess I agree with this. I thought I was the only one that loves creating an old school universe mode with WCW and WWF competing once again.

# 31 DBMcGee3 @ 08/18/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian
Yess I agree with this. I thought I was the only one that loves creating an old school universe mode with WCW and WWF competing once again.
When wrestling was wrestling, not "sports entertainment".

# 32 wiscowilz @ 08/18/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian
I like creating an old school feel using the new guys.

# 33 I0I HaVoK I0I @ 08/19/15 10:21 AM
Don't care too much about the legends as long as the main roster is accurate and they have a decent amount of NXT talents I'm happy

# 34 reyes the roof @ 08/20/15 09:26 AM
Colonel Mustafa has to be the most random legend they've ever put in a game, especially if Hogan isn't in the game since the only match of significance he ever had was Summerslam 91.

# 35 kevin23 @ 08/20/15 10:50 AM
Hate to put such a strong quote with such little viewing of current WWE (used to watch in the 'I'm assuming Glory Days.') However, they put out a trailer with two guys holding the same sign almost right next to each other, but just far enough to make it obvious they weren't together. I mean am I alone on that?

# 36 wiscowilz @ 08/20/15 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin23
Hate to put such a strong quote with such little viewing of current WWE (used to watch in the 'I'm assuming Glory Days.') However, they put out a trailer with two guys holding the same sign almost right next to each other, but just far enough to make it obvious they weren't together. I mean am I alone on that?
Honestly I'm not sure what you are trying to say or ask in this. If you're talking about in game play and the signs. They are just random and many times have the same sign close to each other. Wouldn't read anything into it. If it's not about game play then I don't know what you're trying to say.

# 37 Mercury112491 @ 08/20/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Colonel Mustafa has to be the most random legend they've ever put in a game, especially if Hogan isn't in the game since the only match of significance he ever had was Summerslam 91.

Man how much would it suck for 2k if they had a Showcase planned for Hogan and then had to ditch it. Otherwise I can't see any reason why Mustafa and Adnon are in the game.

# 38 wiscowilz @ 08/20/15 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Man how much would it suck for 2k if they had a Showcase planned for Hogan and then had to ditch it. Otherwise I can't see any reason why Mustafa and Adnon are in the game.
Good point, but it's not like they really had to do any work to put them in though as they probably just used them form last year. There was really no point to them being in it last year either, except for being with Slaughter honestly. Maybe they put Slaughter back in and do his "getting his country" back storyline where he goes against them.

# 39 spidertour02 @ 08/20/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Good point, but it's not like they really had to do any work to put them in though as they probably just used them form last year. There was really no point to them being in it last year either, except for being with Slaughter honestly. Maybe they put Slaughter back in and do his "getting his country" back storyline where he goes against them.
Well ... yeah. They were in Path of the Warrior, since that Summerslam 91 tag team match is a big part of his history.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.