Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the third NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Anthony Davis: Rise, showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.

The video documents Anthony Davis’ rise to become one of the premier players in the NBA, as well as his journey through Perspectives Charter High School and the University of Kentucky before joining the New Orleans Pelicans and earning All-NBA First Team honors in 2015.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

This video is the final in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

If you missed the first two videos, we have links below:NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/15 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think being thin coupled with the net not sounding like a real net is what really kills it. You never get that wick or the ball hitting the back of the rim sound in 2k. Man they really need to revamp that stuff. You'd be shocked at what a difference a shot in pressure time sounding like that makes.

NBA 2K has good rim and net physics/animations IMO. But I couldn't agree more with the sounds. Let's not get started on the dunk sounds.....my god.... haha.

More touch dunks need to happen aswell. Right now, KD dunks it and the ring and back board shake like Shaq is about to break the stand haha...... and it sounds like THUNDER (no pun intended).... in real life, players touch dunk and you actually can't really hear anything except the net and the rim doesn't budge...... things like this would just look a little slicker (like they do in real life).

But hey, I understand there are more important things than this and I probably represent a minority with these thoughts......

Just hoping that net still animates nice - that's the key for me haha.

# 82 23 @ 08/21/15 02:49 AM
OS wrote an article on rim net sounds a short while ago.. you can find the thread if you search for it.

I plan on bumping it if things aren't right when the game comes out. Im tired of the rim sounding hollow like im blowing the top of a bottle on a missed shot. Some of that stuff has been there since the original NBA2K

# 83 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/15 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
OS wrote an article on rim net sounds a short while ago.. you can find the thread if you search for it.

I plan on bumping it if things aren't right when the game comes out. Im tired of the rim sounding hollow like im blowing the top of a bottle on a missed shot. Some of that stuff has been there since the original NBA2K

Ok I will search for it for sure! Thanks man.

Hahaha "blowing the top of a bottle". PERFECT description. And I once heard dunk sounds described as a "trash compactor" - I found that hilarious.....

# 84 23 @ 08/21/15 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Ok I will search for it for sure! Thanks man.

Hahaha "blowing the top of a bottle". PERFECT description. And I once heard dunk sounds described as a "trash compactor" - I found that hilarious.....
Here's a couple

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...io-issues.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tmosphere.html

# 85 lakers24 @ 08/21/15 02:57 AM
Definitely seems that the angle has a lot to do with why his elbows look odd as it looks fine with other angles/animations. His hair looks freaking amazing which is crazy to me since Steph and Harden they can't get right for some reason.

Anyways, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say we get the first gameplay trailer on Monday.

# 86 23 @ 08/21/15 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Definitely seems that the angle has a lot to do with why his elbows look odd as it looks fine with other angles/animations. His hair looks freaking amazing which is crazy to me since Steph and Harden they can't get right for some reason.

Anyways, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say we get the first gameplay trailer on Monday.
Gonna be a sizzle trailer, but they didnt say when

Not sure if theyre waiting for madden to come out or not

Sorry for the topic evolving to so much but there isnt much to talk about in these low res clips man.

First teeth, now elbow shapes...

Pleast release info NOW and spare us

# 87 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/15 04:05 AM

Man the second one looks money! Will have a look when I get home (watching it at work may be a bit cheeky haha).

Man, I know NOTHING about making a video game, but re-creating things like rim sounds, arena sounds, atmosphere etc. .....seems like a freaking AWESOME job...... I'd not rest until it's perfect (if that were my job)..... haha.

Nudge nudge 2K..... fun times await! Haha.....

# 88 23 @ 08/21/15 04:11 AM
Yep it got no attention though at least no comment from 2k.

Ea actually put out a blog and told how they captured sounds last year in complete detail

I wish 2k would do the same or hire someone to get it right. Its been too long

# 89 Vni @ 08/21/15 04:20 AM
Net, rim sounds should be at the top of the list honestly. A three ball going through the net can sound so good in real life I don't get why we're stuck with theses unrealistic and boring sounds in 2K.

# 90 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/15 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yep it got no attention though at least no comment from 2k.

Ea actually put out a blog and told how they captured sounds last year in complete detail

I wish 2k would do the same or hire someone to get it right. Its been too long

Shots fired! Haha.....

Rim/net animations, rim sounds, net sounds, arena sounds/atmosphere may sound like small things on their own, but think about how many shots are taken in a game, that's how many times a ball interacts with the rim and net. The sound and look of it can really add or take from the realism aspect of the game...... dunks aswell obviously......If a team shoots 80-90 times in a full game, that's closing in on 200 times per game (both teams) that we have to see/hear said interaction...... if it isn't quite right, its that many times you're reminded that you're playing a video game (rather than being immersed)......

And to relate back to this topic, it was one of the dunks where the net barely seemed to move on this Davis trailer that caught my eye. Again, it was split second stuff so maybe/hopefully I'm wrong.....

Gameplay snippet from a broadcast cam will alleviate the speculation 2K..... just sayin haha!

# 91 23 @ 08/21/15 04:31 AM
I have little faith here myself. Its just one of those things id have to see.

I never thought of it in numbers terms but makes sense.its crazy that the crowd still goes silent on you and even sits down during big shots sometimes.

I guess its part of the overall presentation of atmosphere. The announcers PA crowd all seem to be coming out of the exact same mic on this game i dont get it.

Check the paul george video i posted in the 2nd thread and hear the hollow rim sound on both makes and misses. Its disgusting

# 92 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/21/15 04:37 AM
I can definitely see some variation in his upper body, compared to usual types.

But we'd don't really get a proper look at his legs to see if the lankiness has been captured.

# 93 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/15 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
His shoulders look fantastic as well... What's wrong with his elbows in that picture though? They look almost exactly alike.

Looking at it again, the whiny one is right, they could probably be more pointed....don't know if it's the angle or what....

I agree with you guys on crowd noise...

I hate when you hit a dagger vs. a home team and the crowd goes silent....like completely silent as if someone slid the crowd noise slider to 0...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 94 Tunechid @ 08/21/15 10:54 AM
I definitely think some colleges are in notice how they showed Kentucky name but not the other school. Might be a couple schools not a lot

# 95 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I'm whiny because I'm right, and have an eye for detail, and you don't? That's cute.

Pretty sure calling people names is against the rules here tho. You obviously have beef with me. Others point out stuff that's wrong, and that's fine. But if I do, LOOK OUT!! Stop taking it so personal when people criticize the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Looks like a regular elbow

Quote:
Yeah, it's messed up. Anybody who says it looks like regular elbows is just defending 2K, as usual. Those look more like legs/knees.

Quote:
but yeah, totally regular, lol

LOL, eye for detail....hey, whatever you want to call it is fine...

This the Internet...I don't have a 'beef' with you. Don't take pot shots and not expect a response though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 96 The 24th Letter @ 08/21/15 11:22 AM
Double post

# 97 Teddy_Long @ 08/21/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
One things for sure, in 2k they should definitely underdo on the thickness.

Dwight's legs in 2k15 look like watermelons lol. Everyone doesn't have Blake Griffin cavs. Combine that with the super long wide shorts they have and the players look like they tip toe run down the court

Just give us the ability to edit this stuff if you won't do it.
lol, hilarious

# 98 BluFu @ 08/21/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

This is getting ridiculous man.. If you can somehow notice the difference during real time gameplay, I dunno how you've been playing video games before 2010 lol

(Their arms are at different angles as well, so you can't expect the elbows to look the same)

# 99 redsox4evur @ 08/21/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Don't forget the entire Steph Curry hair debacle.

# 100 Oldhead80 @ 08/21/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

This is getting ridiculous man.. If you can somehow notice the difference during real time gameplay, I dunno how you've been playing video games before 2010 lol

(Their arms are at different angles as well, so you can't expect the elbows to look the same)
For a VIDEO GAME I feel the same way...it looks good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.