Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The 147th episode of the Press Row Podcast takes a look deep into the mind of NBA 2K16. As we near the arrival of one of the most anticipated sports games ever - between a new Spike Lee-driven story, significantly upgraded franchise features offline and online, ambitious on-court gameplay additions, and new collaborative modes - host Rich Grisham sits down with two of the NBA 2K16 development team members to talk about what it all means. Scott O'Gallagher and Nino "Da Czar" Samuel join Rich for a wide-ranging discussion on what the NBA 2K franchise really means these days, why they think it's going to be the best basketball game ever made, and what's in store both now and the future.

Enjoy!

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes

Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Bexthelegend @ 09/04/15 03:38 PM
Da Czar "We have 21 freelance offenses and 8 motion offenses"

# 22 FloorGeneral @ 09/04/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Practice plays are back
Just pushed play on the podcast, but if this is true, THANK YOU LORD JESUS!

# 23 Sitew33 @ 09/04/15 03:41 PM
This is amazing... We have an offensive basketball mind(Czar) and a defensive basketball mind (OG) basically developing opposing strategies which will make for a great playing experience for us.

# 24 fpliii @ 09/04/15 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend

Damn. That's incredible.

No words. Wow!

# 25 coolcras7 @ 09/04/15 03:55 PM
After listening to the podcast you can feel the passion those two have for the game and how much during this developmental cycle they feed off each other.

# 26 ch46647 @ 09/04/15 03:55 PM
These GIFS! LOL

I have been a member of the OS forums since 2007 and this is probably the biggest win for the SIM community that I have ever seen. Hopefully other sports game developers take note...

Are we still expecting a blog from Czar?

Cheers to everyone involved with 2K development and all those on this forum who continue to push for SIM and sports authenticity.

# 27 scottyp180 @ 09/04/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend

That's great. How does that compare to 2k15? If I remember correctly there was only a handful of freelance offenses

# 28 FloorGeneral @ 09/04/15 04:14 PM
The ability to add brand new plays through roster updates?

# 29 doublek @ 09/04/15 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
That's great. How does that compare to 2k15? If I remember correctly there was only a handful of freelance offenses
If I remember correctly, Czar said they had the Triangle and the swing of Spurs in 2k15.

# 30 scottyp180 @ 09/04/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek
If I remember correctly, Czar said they had the Triangle and the swing of Spurs in 2k15.
Wow this will be such an improvement and I thought the freelance last year was already a nice change. It's been said I'm the past but this is a year where we really will be able to see and feel the difference between each team based on strategies and not just the players and skill on the roster.

# 31 vannwolfhawk @ 09/04/15 04:25 PM
Is this the info we were receiving from czar today or is he still releasing a offensive dev blog still to come? Fingers crossed!

# 32 Young Coaches @ 09/04/15 04:28 PM
Just heard the podcast, quite lengthy [emoji102]

Straight to facts. Some brotherhood here and there, couple of laughs, but constant feed of information.

I'm glad that the flash pause cheese was addressed. Anxious to see how 94 ft defense works. As well as how does the ball handler turbo if user is using triggers to whether flip, pop, roll through screens etc etc. Thanks OS

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

# 33 redsox4evur @ 09/04/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Is this the info we were receiving from czar today or is he still releasing a offensive dev blog still to come? Fingers crossed!
Da_Czar gameplay blog coming in roughly 30 minutes. Get ready. From Steve...

# 34 BMDinTDOT @ 09/04/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
This is awesome. Love hearing Scott calling out those Youtubers trying to score 100 points.

Not anymore buddy. Not anymore.

D up.
Kobe and Lebron cheesers are $hitting their pants right now lol

# 35 LD2k @ 09/04/15 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Meaning 'online' game play will be tuned to appease the causal fanbase, while at least sim players can have thier 'offline' modes? Proam getting a little less hyped to me.
No. There are things people try to get away with against other humans that they can't against CPU's and the other way around. Really proud with what the team is building to keep everything balanced.

# 36 lakers24 @ 09/04/15 05:38 PM
Hearing these guys talk, you can feel the passion they have for not only the sport of basketball but this game. It's like hearing myself speak. They really make me want to continue to work and not give up on one day helping to create with them on my favorite game.

# 37 City_foxx @ 09/05/15 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
No. There are things people try to get away with against other humans that they can't against CPU's and the other way around. Really proud with what the team is building to keep everything balanced.
Well this all sounds good guess we'll have to ...."Wait and see"

# 38 2_headedmonster @ 09/05/15 11:35 PM
I apreciate the time they took, but with all due respect i feel the answers were more in-depth than the questions.

I feel the community asked some good questions, that werent touched on.

# 39 Eat_hits @ 09/06/15 12:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/COEgalDWoAQcfGX.mp4

# 40 Taer @ 09/06/15 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
A lot of the questions didn't relate directly to A.I (which is their area of expertise) and a lot of other questions they're not allowed to answer yet because it touches on things that havent been revealed.
This is very true. Anything touching on MyCareer still has a blackout on it. Other things they need to run by the suits for approval, so when it comes to info gaps we can't start being critical until after release.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.