Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Hey OS, Senior Editor Dustin Toms (@DustinToms) here. Release season is upon us, and the next big NBA title is coming up.

We've been invited to spend a day with NBA 2K this Thursday, September 10. I'll be flying down to The Hangar and have hands-on experience with NBA 2K16, conversations with the developers and opportunities to capture some gameplay footage (which will debut on the Operation Sports YouTube channel). We will surely come back with even more information overload for OSers to try and process.

Now this is where you come in: what do you want to know about NBA 2K16? Post your questions here, or ask me directly on Twitter at @DustinToms. I'll take a list of the best questions with me, and have answers for you shortly after. If you ask me on Twitter, I'll reply directly to you!

Make sure you read through these links as well, as most of your questions may already be answered:

Fire away below, OSers!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 crtsbrown @ 09/07/15 07:32 PM
Where do we create our logo for Pro Am and MyLeague/MyGM?

# 142 crtsbrown @ 09/07/15 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Is "The Stage" gone or has it returned?
It will not be returning in NBA 2K16

# 143 Neto1978 @ 09/07/15 07:38 PM
Will we able to edit the number of teams in MYLEAGUE? Yes or No?

# 144 martymcflyy85 @ 09/07/15 10:29 PM
Will the create a log and create a court feature be available in offline season mode? How many create a team slots will their be?

# 145 Jakeness23 @ 09/07/15 11:25 PM
Will CPU controlled teams ever attempt to relocate in MyGM?

# 146 reptilexcq @ 09/08/15 12:17 AM
One word: Online.

# 147 lakers24 @ 09/08/15 12:26 AM
Will Spike Lee (or any other celebrity) be in the front row at their favorite teams games ala 2k13?

# 148 Taer @ 09/08/15 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Will Spike Lee (or any other celebrity) be in the front row at their favorite teams games ala 2k13?
Spike Lee at Knicks' home games with Reggie Miller announcing in the booth?

Think this is the big 2K16 reveal?

# 149 Factzzz @ 09/08/15 02:41 AM
Can you change sock length in MyCareer?

You couldn't do this the last two years.

Also can you choose your Player's body type?

# 150 hoopheid @ 09/08/15 04:56 AM
- I'd love any info on presentation at all. Improvements to pre-show, halftime show, post-game etc. Are Ernie and Shaq back? Will they do post-game and halftime too? I'd really love to see all of these fleshed out in 2K16. - Will there be a standalone playoff mode? I miss that.

# 151 IllmaticRapper @ 09/08/15 06:00 AM
Do I NEED to play Pro-Am to create my own team?

# 152 Junior Moe @ 09/08/15 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Spike Lee at Knicks' home games with Reggie Miller announcing in the booth?

Think this is the big 2K16 reveal?
Man I certainly hope so. Honestly, I don't care who the new announcer is. I know 2K's gonna implement them well. But I want to see Spike at the Garden or Knicks Arena in 2K16.

# 153 nox @ 09/08/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Will CPU controlled teams ever attempt to relocate in MyGM?
it has already been said in blogs that they won't, they didn't want every nba team to stop existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllmaticRapper
Do I NEED to play Pro-Am to create my own team?
you can relocate and rename/rebrand in my gm and myleague

try keeping the questions about stuff we don't know yet guys

# 154 Omaribdaking @ 09/08/15 11:27 AM
Will they be addressing the button delay online? Basketball is a reaction game, really hard to capitalize when the movements are so late and non responsive.

# 155 m-dogg @ 09/08/15 12:54 PM
* is the Turbo camera available in team up mode? the last few years it was removed for some reason. its the mycareer camera, hope it is back available in team up.

* Does "FULL" play art setting work in Team Up mode? in NBA2k15 only the LITE version displayed, no matter what your settings were. very frustrating.

# 156 m-dogg @ 09/08/15 12:58 PM
* forgot the biggest question, can we finally use sliders in MyCareer? have they at least added custom sliders for an offline Mycareer (since it will not be tied to online, pro am, etc)?!

# 157 Cleve07103 @ 09/08/15 02:02 PM
I know they said we can edit coaches but are we able to edit their names and appearance?

# 158 CookNBA03 @ 09/08/15 04:07 PM
Can we edit coach contracts and is NBA.com back?

# 159 TheBarcaBoy @ 09/08/15 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
I only have one: will we have access to all parts of the CAPs when making custom drafts? Most importantly can we edit tattoos and add/remove headbands again?!

Maybe just one more: any new attributes, badges or tendencies this year?
A Must for NBA 2K16!

# 160 Donny04 @ 09/08/15 05:55 PM
One of my BIGGEST ISSUES WITH NBA 2K MY PLAYER is the customization or when you get things like arm sleeves, shoes, wrist bands, etc. how NOTHING has team color options. I think there is no reason why NBA 2K can't at this point have team colors for your myplayer! We pay for VC this and that but can't even get team colors is like a slap in the face at this point. When you play Madden with your created player he has team color everything so why can't NBA 2K do the same? VC is already to worst thing that ever came to a video game especially when so many people play it. You should be able to finance this game by now, it's not like the developers are adding so much new content to the game the it deserves to purchased. NBA 2K, if you are the leader in sports video games, remove VC from my player and make it Skill Points (SP), let players have the option to choose home or away team colors for all items (shoes, wristbands, arms sleeves, sweat bands, head bands, etc). Is this too hard to ask?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.