Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Some NBA 2K16 gameplay footage has leaked from IFA in Berlin. While it's not the greatest footage, it is something...

Part 1

Part 2

So Now in HIGH DEFINITION 1080p ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqMSLJQD8k

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 2_headedmonster @ 09/08/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
No he wasn't. He was just walking backwards. I didn't see any sliding.
Whatever it was, it was unnatural.

# 102 swac07 @ 09/08/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Whatever it was, it was unnatural.
The user was holding the post button moving back...u cant see his feet clearly cause of the clip quality....he wasnt moonwalking...nor is it a glitch..its the videos fault this time

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 103 Dione2014 @ 09/08/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I don't think they ever promised ZERO sliding. And as I said before, if you know anything about animation and physic modeling, you will know that you're not going to get perfect foot planting without losing something in the look and/or feel of the game in term of authenticity. CLEAR and noticeable progress has been made. Appreciate it for what it is.
You're spot on with this bro

# 104 fab4 @ 09/08/15 12:02 PM
i dont really like it that much!
they still stop sometimes before they make the pass, which takes away free shots!
some animations are not smooth! like when kyrie shoots, looks strange!

# 105 Vroman @ 09/08/15 12:08 PM
Cannot draw any conclusions from such vids and trailers about the gameplay. Wish 2k would release demo version of game though.

# 106 lakers24 @ 09/08/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Nobody said I didn't appreciate it lol. If you read my entire post I clearly said "it's definitely an improvement" but the sliding is still noticeable. I also didn't say "they promised to have ZERO sliding", I said I HOPED they would've completely eliminated it. Some of you dudes get so worked up anytime someone points out a flaw in 2K lol. As great as 2K is, it's not without it's flaws. Like I said the game is amazing & I only pointed it out in hopes that it can be tightened up.
I think Boiler may have worded it a bit harshly but was trying to say that at this point the footplanting has already taken a significant leap for one year and it'll never be perfect(otherwise you'd have to compromise elsewhere). Also at this point the game is done and going gold so to love 2k16 for what it does do rather than what it doesn't. Not saying that's you, just that a lot of times people focus on things that aren't and never will be perfect and then expect them to be. At the end of the day it is a videogame you know .

# 107 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/15 12:27 PM
Sliding it something that is going to be around for a while...I think the most important thing is that it doesn't actually impair you when trying to defend....or create a lot of unrealistic situations on offense...I don't really care how it looks cosmetically as much....even though like I said, it improves how the game looks a great deal...

The real test will be when the game drops though....we shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 108 jbthegreat @ 09/08/15 01:00 PM
Sliding is caused because the defensive player is out of position when a defensive animation is triggered. This should cause 2k to redesign the system next year. Creating a false balance between the defensive and offensive movements is totally unnecessary when the game has footplanting and realtime physics. Sliding will always look bad because its used in the place of natural movement and momentum and it negates the effectiveness of good positioning on a offensive player and it unnaturally over powers the defensive player.

# 109 jbthegreat @ 09/08/15 01:06 PM
Maybe have the motion captured actor move in ways to where they cover wide distances and this animation is used when appropriate instead of having the positions unnaturally adjusted and programmed in the engine which is causing the sliding. Or event create a procedural animation system to where they players can slide more naturally.

# 110 swac07 @ 09/08/15 01:32 PM
Im sure getting rid of "sliding" is harder than what some of you guys think ...in that case NUMEROUS games wouldnt have instances of it in them...I wish I had a clip of what Czar said about it..Anyway, I applaud 2ks attempt at footplanting..although it's not perfect, its a step in the right direction

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 111 23 @ 09/08/15 01:41 PM
Are they doing the stream today?

It's sad we have to sit through these lulls and continually read posts from bored fans.

# 112 Sundown @ 09/08/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This comment right here is the reason why they don't show at gamescom anymore.

Rather than watch and complain how the guy plays how about paying attention to other details like player contact, animations, and as Vni mentioned the net physics.
To be fair, while the guy was kind of bad, the game looked better in the hands of a bad player than I've ever seen.

He did kind of seem to sort of not really know what he was doing though. At least he knew some players' names but for some reason was trying to post up all the time with GSW of all teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I think Boiler may have worded it a bit harshly but was trying to say that at this point the footplanting has already taken a significant leap for one year and it'll never be perfect(otherwise you'd have to compromise elsewhere). Also at this point the game is done and going gold so to love 2k16 for what it does do rather than what it doesn't. Not saying that's you, just that a lot of times people focus on things that aren't and never will be perfect and then expect them to be. At the end of the day it is a videogame you know .
I thought the OG Blog showed some pretty dissapointing foot planting (or rather lack of) for something that looked so great in the Gameplay Features Video (that's marketing for you), but these clips actually seem to make it look a tad better-- possibly because they're so blurry, but the fact that we see long sequences of play in the flow of a game makes it a bit better than seeing small clips where tons of off ball sliding by offense and defense (and even more on-ball on D) is present.

# 113 2_headedmonster @ 09/08/15 01:47 PM
after further boredom analysis

- Im not seeing any restricting perimeter defensive animations

- cpu Kyrie retreated as Curry drove in the first vid. GROUNDBREAKING. Usually thats a brick wall animation there.

- im liking the urgency of the off-ball cuts

-defensively Mozgov seemed a little too nimble.

# 114 23 @ 09/08/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
That is also my question! 3 Days without news i hope we get today something new or a presentation blog this week
Quote:
Chris Manning ‏@LD2K 2m2 minutes ago
Chris Manning retweeted Miles Whittingham
Yes today at 4pmPST on http://twitch.tv/2K ! Talk to you all then.

It's most likely you won't get anything new though

# 115 Cowboy008 @ 09/08/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Are they doing the stream today?

It's sad we have to sit through these lulls and continually read posts from bored fans.
We get a stream?

# 116 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/15 01:50 PM
The player playing "bad" was my favorite part of the video because of the way the CPU responded to it...

Speaks louder than anything....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 117 WaddupCouzin @ 09/08/15 04:02 PM
Footplanting is light years ahead of where it's been in the past!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 118 d23x @ 09/08/15 04:11 PM
Game looks great from a defensive standpoint, but I hope all teams aren't superior on defense especially bad teams. Body scans have really brought the players to life especially on the standstill image before you click play it looks like a real game. I really hope they found a way to get headbands back in the game so we don't have to wait for a roster update.

# 119 eko718 @ 09/08/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
Do you think we get something new this week ?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-nba-2k.html

# 120 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/15 04:56 PM
Don't forgot two more classic teams to game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.