Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just revealed the final two teams added to the NBA 2K16 classic teams list. With the '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers & '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves announced today, here are the 12 confirmed classic teams added to the game.
  • '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Mbunn1993 @ 09/10/15 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Lol yeah I really did lol. Just super excited about all this 2K news lol....Oh & did I mention Lol?
Lol

# 142 RayRay34 @ 09/10/15 06:28 PM
Still the wrong T-Wolves logo for that year.....

# 143 2kNerd @ 09/10/15 06:28 PM
Lots of hate on the 06-07 Cavs...but it was the first Cavs team to make an NBA Finals.

Personally, I look at it from a wider perspective as far as 2K16 goes...

It means the addition of some nice former Cavs to MyTeam...Zydrunas Ilgauskas in particular.

Big Z is one of my favorite players of all time, and a guy who wasn't very effective in older versions of 2K games. But his midrange shooting and size should work well in 2K16.

It also adds some other interesting options to the player pool for MyTeam...like Eric Snow, Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones...and, maybe my least favorite Cav of all-time...Larry Hughes.

# 144 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/10/15 06:30 PM
Could have put the Trailblazers with Roy, Aldridge and Oden. Could have had the 22 win-in-a-row Rockets with semi-prime T-Mac and Yao

Instead? We get the Cavs with Lebron and friends. What the hell?

Edit: Then there is the 08 Hornets with prime Chris Paul, the We Believe Warriors with Baron Davis and Jason Richardson, the mid-2000 Rockets with Steve Francis and Mobley.... smh 2K

# 145 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Could have put the Trailblazers with Roy, Aldridge and Oden. Could have had the 22 win-in-a-row Rockets with semi-prime T-Mac and Yao

Instead? We get the Cavs with Lebron and friends. What the hell?
I know it's been tough to keep track with just two teams randomly trickling out each week and getting lost on the forum page, but the 22 wins-in-a-row Rockets are in the game.

Also, for whatever it's worth, that 2007 Cavaliers team may be the most accomplished of the three teams mentioned there.

# 146 ZoneSix @ 09/10/15 06:33 PM
should've been the 09-10 Cavs.

# 147 STLRams @ 09/10/15 06:36 PM
Now the we have all the classic teams revealed, the next big questions to me are -

Have the classic players received an updated look than who they look the past couple of years (zombie MJ)?

Are we going to get the historical tv style presentation that was in NBA2K12 with these classic teams for there era's?

# 148 RayRay34 @ 09/10/15 06:40 PM
One thing i wonder about. The recent MyTEAM artical talked about the create a team feature being used in various modes but it really stands out in MyTEAM ( not the exact words but along those lines) what if we can create teams using the logo import feature for play now game modes... that will take care off all our problems with the teams we wanted...

Oh also just so everyone is aware, since preorders get the game on Friday and Im off all weekend plus that Monday and Tuesday i will be completing all the classic rosters ASAP, and will upload for everyone to use.

# 149 shaquille112 @ 09/10/15 06:56 PM
are the fake players from the classic teams making comebacks (Richard Johnson, David Miller, Robert Williams, Michael Davis, and William Jones)?

# 150 Td1984 @ 09/10/15 07:03 PM
T'Wolves! Yesss! I'll have fun pitting them against the '03-'04 Pistons.

# 151 CookNBA03 @ 09/10/15 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaquille112
are the fake players from the classic teams making comebacks (Richard Johnson, David Miller, Robert Williams, Michael Davis, and William Jones)?
I hope not...

# 152 LeBronistheKing @ 09/10/15 07:17 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really hoping we get accurate player models and accurate court. Also it's a small detail but I hope they fixed it to where you can give LeBron the double rubber bands and have them both be different colors instead of just both being the same color. He always wore two different colored rubber bands on each wrist. Also hoping they keep all the old LeBron sneakers in the game (and hopefully add some new ones) and especially keep the LeBron 4

As that is what he wore for the 2006-2007 season. As well as the Nike Soldier 1

Which he wore in the Finals

# 153 Starwipe @ 09/10/15 07:34 PM
2 LeBron teams? Would have preferred the '09 Magic (who whooped LeBron and the Cavs ***).

# 154 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/10/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaquille112

These 5 men where the backbone of these squads and thus will return this year.

:lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Now the we have all the classic teams revealed, the next big questions to me are -

Have the classic players received an updated look than who they look the past couple of years (zombie MJ)?

Are we going to get the historical tv style presentation that was in NBA2K12 with these classic teams for there era's?
To me, the historic tv presentation is everything when it comes to these classic teams. I honestly don't believe that much more can be done graphically without head scans. The graphic filter with the more muted colors hides some of the imperfections we see in crystal clear full 1080P.

# 156 vannwolfhawk @ 09/10/15 07:51 PM
Only team is use on this list is 99-00 Blazers. But I really like the addition of t-wolves. I hope in the future we can get every team in the league represented. But teams I will look to create are 87 mavs, 86 rockets, 87 sonics, 87 jazz, 93 suns, 98 pacers, and Knicks with Ewing, sore well, LJ etc, drazen P. and DC nets, and 78 bullets, then I could create a pretty cool classic league for me.

# 157 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
To me, the historic tv presentation is everything when it comes to these classic teams. I honestly don't believe that much more can be done graphically without head scans. The graphic filter with the more muted colors hides some of the imperfections we see in crystal clear full 1080P.
That historic TV presentation (with classic rules included) was really the bee's knees. It's a bummer it couldn't be carried beyond 2K12.

That said, filter or not, headscans or no, I think we can do better than what we got for guys like Bill Russell last year.

Last gen:

Current gen:

# 158 lakers24 @ 09/10/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That historic TV presentation (with classic rules included) was really the bee's knees. It's a bummer it couldn't be carried beyond 2K12.

That said, filter or not, headscans or no, I think we can do better than what we got for guys like Bill Russell last year.

Last gen:

Current gen:

Main issue with those filters is they'd have to be game specific (wouldn't make sense for it to be black & white if your playing the 16 Cavs for example). They'd have to bring back the legends mode I'd think and only have filters for time specific matchups (all 70's vs 70's gets the technicolor look, 80's vs 80's gets the old film/motion blur/smeared lights look, all 90's vs 90's gets the VHS tape look).

# 159 KyotoCarl @ 09/10/15 08:10 PM
I, personally, would have liked more 90's teams, but we are still getting a bunch of players we wouldn't have in the game otherwise! Psyched!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 160 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Main issue with those filters is they'd have to be game specific (wouldn't make sense for it to be black & white if your playing the 16 Cavs for example). They'd have to bring back the legends mode I'd think and only have filters for time specific matchups (all 70's vs 70's gets the technicolor look, 80's vs 80's gets the old film/motion blur/smeared lights look, all 90's vs 90's gets the VHS tape look).
Yep, that's totally understandable. In theory, I wondered if they may have been able to make them adjustable for whichever matchup a player may choose, but sliding it from a specific mode on over as just an option seems complicated, not to mention the possible difficulties from the commentary audio.

Getting classic players looking at least somewhat as accurate as they did on last gen would be my primary concern in regards to these teams.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.