Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Shacknews has posted a new NBA Live 16 gameplay video featuring 10 minutes of the Rising Star mode.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cjallure24 @ 09/13/15 08:54 PM
Compared to last year's version which is what I'll only compare it to. It looks very good. Definitely thinking about as day one purchase.

Maybe it's me, but it did seem like the user player arms were pretty big, compared to the other's, wish we could have seen the creation parts as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

# 22 King_B_Mack @ 09/13/15 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
None of the rookies were in, I think other than KAT. You ought to see the Cauley-Stein placeholder lol.

Also, a ton of items, glitches, animations are fixed in the day 1 patch.
Is this patch included with the demo? Cause that defeats the whole purpose of the "play it for yourself" marketing if we're playing a demo that's got a bunch of missing animations and glitches to sway decisions on giving the game a fair look if the desired gameplay/features are hidden behind a 59.99 paywall.

# 23 Nemesis Enforcer @ 09/13/15 09:02 PM
As you stated its a demo not the full or most current build.

# 24 Scvllp @ 09/13/15 09:06 PM
This does not look good. Very unrealistic animations, dribbling looks funny and just cartoony all around.

I'm glad this came out now before I talked myself into buying this.

# 25 m1ke_nyc @ 09/13/15 09:07 PM
Game seems to be a bit too dependent on guard and wing play but this is just one piece of gameplay. Looks a lot smoother.

# 26 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/15 09:10 PM
Most of what I've seen to day has been good even with the feedback I've given.....but man, not a fan of this video at all....

Paint play was really disappointing here...still a lot of awkwardness/ lack of contact down there and the catch-finish translation STILL has that hesitation....ugh....that was one of my top peeves with '15:...

Somehow that big hop stop, finger roll animation made it back too....ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 charlesadams3rd @ 09/13/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Compared to last year's version which is what I'll only compare it to. It looks very good. Definitely thinking about as day one purchase.

Maybe it's me, but it did seem like the user player arms were pretty big, compared to the other's, wish we could have seen the creation parts as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I know that in Live 15 you could make them massive like that. I made a PF that looked like the hulk lol

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

# 28 youvalss @ 09/13/15 09:16 PM
Nice to finally see some gameplay.

The good: game flows nicely, looks smoother, nice spacing, nice graphics.

The bad: Still see those awkward animations (like the hook shot at 1:08...will they ever fix this???), and to me every layup/lay-in animation was awkward (Live 08 style). I guess it's not going to change.

# 29 Calvenn @ 09/13/15 09:16 PM
I'm with most of you. There's good and troubling with this footage. Glad to have an extended clip but although improvements are evident some animations appear off in a sense. Some transitional stuff needs to be ironed out though it sounds like these deficiencies will hopefully be addressed with the first patch. Still very good progress as it is.

# 30 DonWuan @ 09/13/15 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Most of what I've seen to day has been good even with the feedback I've given.....but man, not a fan of this video at all....

Paint play was really disappointing here...still a lot of awkwardness/ lack of contact down there and the catch-finish translation STILL has that hesitation....ugh....that was one of my top peeves with '15:...

Somehow that big hop stop, finger roll animation made it back too....ugh

Post/paint game looks terrible.

# 31 fatboirob @ 09/13/15 09:21 PM
Looks good to me! Still a little wonky at times but nothing a patch or 2 shouldn't clean up. Demo will be my deciding point but very solid so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

# 32 mrprice33 @ 09/13/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
You think the Day 1 patch will be included in and with the demo?

-Gawdnado
We won't know for sure, but the way things are typically built is the demo is built separately and alongside the main game. It's essentially treated as a 1.0 release of a much smaller portion of the game. It's why a lot of games now don't have demos, since development resources are stretched so thinly just to make the regular release dates that pulling any extra resources aside for a demo just isn't feasible.

The demo *might* have some of this stuff cleaned up already. It *might* have the rookies for the included teams scanned and added already. I honestly hope it does, but we'll see.

# 33 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/13/15 09:35 PM
Everything was all good until I saw all the lay-up animations that I hate.

# 34 tt500 @ 09/13/15 09:36 PM
I wonder what difficulty it was on, user made a lot of 3s when he wasn't even wide open. See some skating and wonky animations every now and than too.

The presentation and court lighting looks really good.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

# 35 rawdog805 @ 09/13/15 09:46 PM
Still a lot of the bad animations from last years game. Especially when close to the basket.

# 36 Basketball Nate @ 09/13/15 09:52 PM
This looked exactly like NBA Live 15, I'mma try the demo but Live can't be having this many inconsistencies in their animations going into year 3 of the reboot. The game didn't look this bad in the other videos that we saw even tho they were really short.

# 37 noshun @ 09/13/15 09:58 PM
While there are hits and misses in this video. It just looks like "uninspired basketball." Some animations which myself and others complained about are still there which is just a headscratcher.
EA made note that they've increased "dev staff" but it seems none of this extra help went to work on the lackluster post game. Just weird stuff in the paint. Dudes are open 2 feet from the basket then do a weird looking shot that fades them back. Just so disjointed looking... Glad theres a demo because for the 19th year in a row, I wont be purchasing a EA basketball game.

# 38 getzmunney @ 09/13/15 09:59 PM
Do we need PS plus to play the demo?

# 39 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 09/13/15 10:05 PM
So the movement did look better. I did notice that the would tend to slide a bit when attacking the basket. I also noticed some passes into the post were a bit sketchy. the same passes in 2k would not happen. the cpu seemed to let you pass to where ever you wanted to. wanted to see a bit more of the post game. from what i saw the guys did not look to have weight to them. with those little nit picky gripes out of the way, the game looked good. i look forward to the demo this week.

# 40 King_B_Mack @ 09/13/15 10:07 PM
I do wanna say that it is so remarkably refreshing to see all that movement going on away from the ball. Last year it was like when all the old out of shape guys get together at the local gym and are just standing around out of breath waiting for a shot to go up to grab a rebound.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.