Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 shooting guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Lou Williams - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Kyle Korver - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Khris Middleton - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • J.J. Redick - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Joe Johnson - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Jamal Crawford - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Manu Ginobili - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Eric Gordon - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Tony Allen - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Avery Bradley - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Danny Green - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rodney Stuckey - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • J.R. Smith - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Gerald Green - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Arron Afflalo - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Iman Shumpert - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Lance Stephenson - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Jeremy Lamb - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Marco Belinelli - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Kentavious Caldwell Pope - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Ben McLemore - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Austin Rivers - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Hezonja - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Vince Carter - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Justin Anderson - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Jordan Adams - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Archie Goodwin - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • E'Twaun Moore - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Rashad Vaughn - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Joseph Young - (Overall Rating - 68)
Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 HardenWasRobbedOfMVP @ 09/18/15 07:47 PM
2k's ratings are ALOT better than Lives ratings imo

# 102 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Wade is perfectly rated lol no need to lower him other than his injury ratings . Stat wise there is no reason to debunk his overall

31 mpg

21ppg
4.8apg
3.5rpg
1.2 spg
6 FTA 76% FT
47% FG

Played in 62 games
Those numbers don't account for his drop in athleticism, efficiency ( losing LeBron effect) and defensive ability. He's still a smart, savvy and intelligent player so that does help him to compensate somewhat. He just can't take over games or dominate any longer like in the past.

A player rated 85+ overall, especially on this supposed "HOF" scale, should be able to dominate and control a game. Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker and Derrick Rose are no longer those type of players anymore. And I'm a fan of 3 of those 4 players - one guy playing for my favorite team - so my posts aren't based on "hate" but on the reality of where these guys are at in their respective careers.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 103 BluFu @ 09/18/15 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
A player rated 85+ overall, especially on this supposed "HOF" scale, should be able to dominate and control a game. Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker and Derrick Rose are no longer those type of players anymore. And I'm a fan of 3 of those 4 players - one guy playing for my favorite team - so my posts aren't based on "hate" but on the reality of where these guys are at in their respective careers.
86 is perfect for Wade. He still does stuff like this.

The other guys you named still can take over as well (not as much as they used to obviously).

# 104 CookNBA03 @ 09/18/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Those numbers don't account for his drop in athleticism, efficiency ( losing LeBron effect) and defensive ability. He's still a smart, savvy and intelligent player so that does help him to compensate somewhat. He just can't take over games or dominate any longer like in the past.

Lol come on now. Wade has always been an efficient player even before LeBron came here, the only thing that's changed is that he has to take more shots that are more difficult and he still shoos 47%. His man to man defense is still solid but his transition/off-ball has taken a hit. You said he can't take over games which leads me to believe that you haven't watched last season while he lead the league in scoring in the 4th quarter. He took over so many games like at NYK, vs DET, vs POR, vs CLE, and many other games.

# 105 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Lol come on now. Wade has always been an efficient player even before LeBron came here, the only thing that's changed is that he has to take more shots that are more difficult and he still shoos 47%. His man to man defense is still solid but his transition/off-ball has taken a hit. You said he can't take over games which leads me to believe that you haven't watched last season while he lead the league in scoring in the 4th quarter. He took over so many games like at NYK, vs DET, vs POR, vs CLE, and many other games.
How many games did the Heat win, again? Yeah, yeah, they lost Bosh and McRoberts for a significant amount of time. Another big part of why they lost is because Wade isn't an elite player anymore. He was able to get a far less talented Heat team to the playoffs in 2010, but he was still in his prime back then. This is why attribute ratings and overall are always going to be up for debate. People always want to protect and hold onto who their favorite player used to be. Wade and Bryant aren't those guys anymore and the game should better reflect that fact.

# 106 CookNBA03 @ 09/18/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
How many games did the Heat win, again? Yeah, yeah, they lost Bosh and McRoberts for a significant amount of time. Another big part of why they lost is because Wade isn't an elite player anymore. He was able to get a far less talented Heat team to the playoffs in 2010, but he was still in his prime back then. This is why attribute ratings and overall are always going to be up for debate. People always want to protect and hold onto who their favorite player used to be. Wade and Bryant aren't those guys anymore and the game should better reflect that fact.

How many games we won is irrelevant when we're talking soley about Dwyane but since you brought it up, let's discuss it. Our projected lineup to start the season NEVER logged a single minute together then Josh got hurt after already coming into the season hurt. Wade goes down with the hammy and it was was like a chain reaction. Talk to me when the Spurs have to fill the 4 and 5 spots with Henry Walker and Michael Beasley and see how many games they win.

# 107 BluFu @ 09/18/15 08:22 PM
Quote:
Wade and Bryant aren't those guys anymore and the game should better reflect that fact.
You think these guys in there prime would be rated 86 and 85? Lol

# 108 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
You think these guys in there prime would be rated 86 and 85? Lol
No, but an 85 or 86 rating indicates that they are still elite players at their position. When in actuality they need to be dropped further back into the pack of other "****ty" shooting guards. Both are still quality playmakers for the position, but in every other facet both are lacking in key areas (athleticism, durability, efficiency, shooting, etc.) that comprise what an elite SG should be.

# 109 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
How many games we won is irrelevant when we're talking soley about Dwyane but since you brought it up, let's discuss it. Our projected lineup to start the season NEVER logged a single minute together then Josh got hurt after already coming into the season hurt. Wade goes down with the hammy and it was was like a chain reaction. Talk to me when the Spurs have to fill the 4 and 5 spots with Henry Walker and Michael Beasley and see how many games they win.
The Spurs have filled spots with mediocre/fringe talent plenty of times such as DeJuan Blair, Gary Neal, Roger Mason Jr., Keith Bogans, Malik Hairston, Cherokee Parks, Matt Bonner, Richard Jefferson, Francisco Elson, etc. They still managed to win 50+ games every season and never missed the playoffs during the Duncan/Popovich era.

Anyway, none of that changes the fact that the Heat stunk last season and Wade isn't an elite/franchise player anymore. He can't control or dominate a game a both ends like once before and is undeserving of an 86 overall at this point in his career. Neither is Tony Parker and I'm completely against his rating of 83.

# 110 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 08:43 PM
Adding onto my previous post

Fyi, Mike Stauffer is taking requests now.

http://twitter.com/2Kstauff

Khris Middleton 79 (too low)
Lou Williams 80
Avery Bradley 77
Jeremy Lamb 73
Kyle Korver 79
Ben Mclemore 73 (Seems a bit low. Didn't he improve last year? Maybe I'm wrong)
Austin Rivers 73
Mario Hezonja 73
JJ Redick 79
Lance Stephenson 74
Rodney Stuckey 76
Tony Allen 78
Justin Anderson 71
Eric Gordon 78
Iman Shumpert 75
Joe Johnson 79
Aaron Afflalo 75
J.R. Smith 76
Gerald Green 76
Manu Ginobili 78
Jamal Crawford 79
Marco Belinelli 73
Jordan Adams 70
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 73
Joseph Young 68
Danny Green 77
Vince Carter 72
Archie Goodwin 70
Rashad Vaughn 69
E'Twaun Moore 70
Tim Hardaway Jr 73

# 111 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 08:46 PM
Honestly, I think Ben Mclemore has the worst rating so far. Being rated the same as Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb.

He had a TS% of .552 last year.

Had Marco Belinelli to that list.

# 112 CookNBA03 @ 09/18/15 08:48 PM
Quote:
The Spurs have filled spots with mediocre/fringe talent plenty of times such as DeJuan Blair, Gary Neal, Roger Mason Jr., Keith Bogans, Malik Hairston, Cherokee Parks, Matt Bonner, Richard Jefferson, Francisco Elson, etc. They still managed to win 50+ games every season and never missed the playoffs during the Duncan/Popovich era.

Anyway, none of that changes the fact that the Heat stunk last season and Wade isn't an elite/franchise player anymore. He can't control or dominate a game a both ends like once before and is undeserving of an 86 overall at this point in his career. Neither is Tony Parker and I'm completely against his rating of 83.

Since when did TD miss half a season to be replaced with a D-Leaguer? I don't recall it and when the Spurs had to bring a guard to play power forward and center in the starting line up? I'll wait...

# 113 DutchMastah7 @ 09/18/15 08:49 PM
Lol these guys don't get that Wade isn't elite anymore. I understand. I was still calling Jason Kidd a top 5 point guard those last couple years in Dallas (diehard Kidd fan) but I knew deep down he wasn't anymore.

# 114 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggraymouse
Am i to understand that manu ginobili is a 60 rated player
See my post above. He is 78

# 115 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
See my post above. He is 78
Too high. I love him but another old guy being rated based on his reputation. And I bet he's still rated higher than Danny Green even though Green was the superior player on both ends of the court.

# 116 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
Lol these guys don't get that Wade isn't elite anymore. I understand. I was still calling Jason Kidd a top 5 point guard those last couple years in Dallas (diehard Kidd fan) but I knew deep down he wasn't anymore.

The thing is Wade still is a top 5 SG when he plays , and his stats still don't show that he isn't . People talk about athletic ability lost and what not but he can still make an impact on the game at an elite level .

Heat weren't making any noise with how up and down their roster was during the year , Wade missing time with that hamstring and Bosh out for the season .

# 117 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 08:58 PM
Quote:
Too high. I love him, but another old guy being rated based on his reputation. And I bet he's still rated higher than Danny Green even though Green was the superior player on both ends of the court.

Haha Danny Green is a 77

# 118 J_Posse @ 09/18/15 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Haha Danny Green is a 77
SMDH

These ratings, man......

I guess being a better playmaker and ball handler somehow made Ginobili the higher rated player, yet Green is the better scorer, rebounder, shooter, he's more athletic, durable and is a much, much better defensive player. This current ratings system really undervalues elite 3 - and - D wing players like Middleton, Green and to a lesser extent Matthews.

# 119 BluFu @ 09/18/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
When in actuality they need to be dropped further back into the pack of other "****ty" shooting guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
I was still calling Jason Kidd a top 5 point guard those last couple years in Dallas (diehard Kidd fan) but I knew deep down he wasn't anymore.
That was just you. Any NBA coach would have Kobe & Wade among the top 10 SGs right now.

# 120 redsox4evur @ 09/18/15 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

That was just you. Any NBA coach would have Kobe & Wade among the top 10 SGs right now.
Kobe's own coach doesn't have him as a top 10 SG right now. He is not even the starting SG on his own team. LOL. He's an SF this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.