Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K16 trailer titled, Be Yourself.

Quote:
In NBA 2K16, you can be the youngest, the quickest, the greatest… or, you can be yourself.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 lakers24 @ 09/22/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This ^^!! Game comes out in 3 days & still no presentation blog, no my park blog, no Ronnie vs LD2k stream, etc... Gotta love 2K's marketing
Wel they never said there would be a presentation blog, and we know pretty much all they've done already. That Ronnie Ld stream is a waste of time when over 70% of the video is of their mugs and the preorder page covering the whole screen like we need to pay to remove the ad. MyPark is today or tomorrow . I agree their marketing strategy is straight garbage though. This year we got several dev blogs , but those shouldn't have to be abnormal year to year and they should accompany pretty much anything that has recieved a decent amount of work.

# 22 iNolaNightmare @ 09/22/15 11:41 AM
I know this may be a stupid question, but if your my player is white, will your family also be white?

# 23 Sitew33 @ 09/22/15 11:42 AM
That's why I'm glad people with early copies streamed the game all weekend because I myself got more info over the weekend than 2K has put out in a month. Hurry up Friday 12:00 AM.

# 24 lakers24 @ 09/22/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I know this may be a stupid question, but if your my player is white, will your family also be white?
Honesty im going with my original theory that you're adopted or just taken in by the family.

# 25 iNolaNightmare @ 09/22/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Honesty im going with my original theory that you're adopted.

That would kill the immersion factor for me.

# 26 iNolaNightmare @ 09/22/15 11:49 AM
I think the trailer is kind of misleading. I don't believe this is a game anymore where you control your fate. Rather it's like playing story mode in COD or Battlefield where you just assume the role of a soldier and go with it. While 2k will deny this and say that you do get to choose your name and the way you look, all of the other things are predetermined. MyCareer is literally story mode now. The only way I'll be able to enjoy it is if I treat it that way. It's no longer what it used to be.

# 27 lakers24 @ 09/22/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
I think the trailer is kind of misleading. I don't believe this is a game anymore where you control your fate. Rather it's like playing story mode in COD or Battlefield where you just assume the role of a soldier and go with it. While 2k will deny this and say that you do get to choose your name and the way you look, all of the other things are predetermined. MyCareer is literally story mode now. The only way I'll be able to enjoy it is if I treat it that way. It's no longer what it used to be.
You've just arrived at this conclusion ? Lol. As soon as they introduced story cutscenes in 2k14 this was what you were getting. This year it's executed and structured better but the only way to do it properly would be to only have cutscenes for needed elements like significant events etc.

As far as the adopted thing goes, wouldn't that make it a bit more believable than them biologically having a child who's another ethnicity?

# 28 scottyp180 @ 09/22/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G5XL
Smh. Game comes out in like two days. We shouldn't have to still be guessing about certain aspects of the game imo. Last week should've been the information blowout. But I digress, just give me the damn game.
They have actually released a ton of info this past month. Franchise mode blog, a couple gameplay blogs, my career info last week, as well as info drops from gameplay impressions. If they haven't mentionRd anything about create a legend the chances are it's not in.

# 29 Da-Man @ 09/22/15 12:29 PM
As good as Spike Lee may be I think this might be the last story in my career we get.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 30 TheDuggler @ 09/22/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Spike Lee's involvement in the story is only up to when you enter the NBA, after that its the same thing as every other year, expanded actually

# 31 kefere83 @ 09/22/15 01:11 PM
Trailer gave me hope. I dont want to( and have to) play like MJ in every game. I just wanna be strong role player like Joachim Noah. We will see.

# 32 NINJAK2 @ 09/22/15 03:55 PM
Hilarious that it seems like they are hiding MJ's character model..Doesn't give me alot of hope about Bird..

# 33 Taer @ 09/22/15 04:27 PM
A couple of thoughts on teammates this year:

1. All the ai improvements talked about by Da_Czar and ScottOG are enabled in MyCareer this year.
  2. To take full advantage (making your teammate ai the best it can be) you need to play freelance so ACE is taken advantage of by the ai
  3. Play at SS/Sim for most tuned gameplay. HoF will give you ai cheese all day.
A few random thoughts:
  1. It says we can be from Compton - does this mean the high-schools we chose are based on our back-ground?
  2. Getting to the NBA is story-mode but once we are drafted we make our own story.
  3. Cut-scenes are only in the beginning.
  4. Off-season and off-days we have the new engine that will simulate whatever we chose to do:
    1. Practice
    2. Endorsements
    3. Contacts with peers
  5. Our court will be where we display our trophies, rings and whatever.

The most important thing to realize is that this year (unlike prior years) Da_Czar and ScottOG listened to us and enabled the ai fully in the MyCareer mode.

We are going to need to play as smart as we do in quick-games.

# 34 kadzier @ 09/22/15 06:42 PM
Quote:
you could ask the same on the other side, if my player is super black will I still have such light-skinned parents lol

# 35 ATLBrayden @ 09/22/15 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Hilarious that it seems like they are hiding MJ's character model..Doesn't give me alot of hope about Bird..

Looks like Kareem was face-scanned, even '71 Kareem (despite the funny expression he's making) looks very good with all his hair, they also showed a picture of Shaq coming in to get face-scanned so we can only hope that MJ did the same or at least got an improvement. You would think a guy like MJ would want to look as perfect and as true to life as possible and I'm hoping that's true.

# 36 Gargamell @ 09/23/15 01:19 AM
I really hope they deliver.

# 37 ATLBrayden @ 09/23/15 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Someone who claimed to have the game early posted this in another thread:

# 38 kefere83 @ 09/23/15 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
A couple of thoughts on teammates this year:

1. All the ai improvements talked about by Da_Czar and ScottOG are enabled in MyCareer this year.
  2. To take full advantage (making your teammate ai the best it can be) you need to play freelance so ACE is taken advantage of by the ai
  3. Play at SS/Sim for most tuned gameplay. HoF will give you ai cheese all day.
A few random thoughts:
  1. It says we can be from Compton - does this mean the high-schools we chose are based on our back-ground?
  2. Getting to the NBA is story-mode but once we are drafted we make our own story.
  3. Cut-scenes are only in the beginning.
  4. Off-season and off-days we have the new engine that will simulate whatever we chose to do:
    1. Practice
    2. Endorsements
    3. Contacts with peers
  5. Our court will be where we display our trophies, rings and whatever.

The most important thing to realize is that this year (unlike prior years) Da_Czar and ScottOG listened to us and enabled the ai fully in the MyCareer mode.

We are going to need to play as smart as we do in quick-games.
Are these your thoughts or confirmed by producers? Especially first part.

# 39 Taer @ 09/23/15 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefere83
Are these your thoughts or confirmed by producers? Especially first part.

The thoughts on teammates are all confirmed. SimNation Youtube broadcasts and the statements made by both developrs here are my sources.

# 40 kefere83 @ 09/23/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
The thoughts on teammates are all confirmed. SimNation Youtube broadcasts and the statements made by both developrs here are my sources.
thank you for your response.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.