Home
Need for Speed News Post

Ghost Games, developers of NFS: Rivals, is back at it with a suedo-reboot of the popular EA franchise, Need for Speed. While it may be considered a reboot, traces of familiarity are prevalent throughout the new title, and while that’s not necessarily a bad thing, it only works if incorporated correctly. As with most NFS games its fan base is looking for fast cars, customization, top-end speed and mayhem on the highway, but does the new offering from Ghost Games deliver what fans have been asking for?

Read More - Need for Speed Review (PS4/XB1)

Game: Need for SpeedReader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Need for Speed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 asu666 @ 11/04/15 01:25 PM
The online-only nature of the game killed it for me. Hopefully, NFS brings offline single-player back in the future.

# 2 Badasi12b @ 11/04/15 11:04 PM
Always online is the on reason I decided not to buy this game... i can't go online in my area yet.

# 3 BurkemanSLC @ 11/05/15 04:38 PM
With those bullet points, how in the world is this a 7?

# 4 Bullit @ 11/05/15 06:01 PM
I have always loved the series, but always online kills it for me.

From definitely to not at all in one fell swoop

# 5 bigdipper88 @ 11/05/15 06:07 PM
Fun game, dlc will be free. I don't like that it's always online, but that's not a game killer for me. And to say it's repetitive ? All games get repetitive...

# 6 videobastard @ 11/05/15 09:41 PM
Not having a option for matchmaking races like hot pursuit, and always online made this a rental for me.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/06/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Fun game, dlc will be free. I don't like that it's always online, but that's not a game killer for me. And to say it's repetitive ? All games get repetitive...
Dlc is planned? I wasn't aware of that. Fun game, pleased with my purchase.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 8 bigdipper88 @ 11/06/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Dlc is planned? I wasn't aware of that. Fun game, pleased with my purchase.

Yes, they said dlc will be free and no microtransactions

# 9 temaat89 @ 11/06/15 07:07 PM
Rubberband racing is what turned me off of this game back when beta testing. Was hoping they fixed that, but it doesn't sound like they did.

# 10 ODogg @ 11/08/15 01:15 AM
I have tons of money and all sorts of stuff available on my car to visually upgrade but anytime I click on something, say the Front Bumper it says "No parts available"... What do I do to get parts???

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/08/15 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have tons of money and all sorts of stuff available on my car to visually upgrade but anytime I click on something, say the Front Bumper it says "No parts available"... What do I do to get parts???
That particular part of the car just doesn't have any upgrades. If you move around to different spots it will either show some or tell you what level they're available.

# 12 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/08/15 05:52 AM
Just went to Metacritic and saw that Rivals had an 80 and this had a 70. I think this blows away Rivals in every aspect. The world is better, the races are better and the campaign is more interesting.

# 13 ODogg @ 11/08/15 03:11 PM
I agree man, this game is awesome, highly addictive. Thanks for the tips on the car Pappy, I wasn't aware that how it worked...

I'm glad I didn't listen to the negativity here and did but this game now!

Btw, I have the Deluxe version and input my code but where do I go or what do I do to get my "tricked out car"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 11/08/15 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Just went to Metacritic and saw that Rivals had an 80 and this had a 70. I think this blows away Rivals in every aspect. The world is better, the races are better and the campaign is more interesting.
Quote:
I agree man, this game is awesome, highly addictive. Thanks for the tips on the car Pappy, I wasn't aware that how it worked...

I'm glad I didn't listen to the negativity here and did but this game now!

Btw, I have the Deluxe version and input my code but where do I go or what do I do to get my "tricked out car"?

So this is a must have game then I have some funds left over don't know if I should get this

# 15 ODogg @ 11/08/15 05:17 PM
Well I was on the fence as well because of a lot of the comments in this thread but I'm having a blast with it. If you have EA Access try it or maybe rent it because it seems opinions are widely split but I am really enjoying it about 10 hours or so into it..

# 16 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 11/09/15 09:03 PM
Quote:
Well I was on the fence as well because of a lot of the comments in this thread but I'm having a blast with it. If you have EA Access try it or maybe rent it because it seems opinions are widely split but I am really enjoying it about 10 hours or so into it..

I only have playstation 4 now. I have funds in my Psn wallet it's either this or fallout 4

# 17 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/11/15 03:25 PM
I have 1 race left to finish and some daily challenges to complete before I get the platinum. My playtime is a little over 25 hours right now. Can't wait to see what the dlc brings.

# 18 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/11/15 03:40 PM
This was the hardest event in the game for me.

https://youtu.be/2-Q2dfofTZc

# 19 Fresh Tendrils @ 01/14/16 01:40 PM
Is there anyway to adjust the size of the screen? During gameplay the screen stretches beyond my screen and cuts off a part of the side, but the menus are perfectly fine. I didn't see an option, but I didn't know if this was a common problem or not.

My primary thus far has been the BRZ and I've been focusing on the drift events. I'm trying to decide what my second car will be, but I want to do a speed build and keep my BRZ for drifting.

I thought the cut-scenes would be corny, but they are actually well done and gives me just a taste of nostalgia for the previous Underground games.

The only thing I don't like about this game is there isn't an option for manual transmission.

# 20 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/14/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Is there anyway to adjust the size of the screen? During gameplay the screen stretches beyond my screen and cuts off a part of the side, but the menus are perfectly fine. I didn't see an option, but I didn't know if this was a common problem or not.

My primary thus far has been the BRZ and I've been focusing on the drift events. I'm trying to decide what my second car will be, but I want to do a speed build and keep my BRZ for drifting.

I thought the cut-scenes would be corny, but they are actually well done and gives me just a taste of nostalgia for the previous Underground games.

The only thing I don't like about this game is there isn't an option for manual transmission.
Not sure what the screen issue is. I didn't have that issue or hear of anyone else having it. Sure it's not your tv settings?

I also dug the cut scenes. I don't expect Oscar winning performances in racing games. It was cool for what it was.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.