Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch #4 is available for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.4GB. The same patch is scheduled to be released for PC and Xbox One very soon. Once they release, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Patch #4 is available for PC and Xbox One now.

Check out the patch notes below and let us know what you are seeing!

GENERAL
  • Addressed a hang that can occur when editing/applying tattoos in Edit Player.
  • Resolved a bug where one or more users in a co-op game would lose control of their player at some point during the game.
  • Fixed a disconnect issue that some users were seeing during online games.
  • (PC) Fixed a corruption issue where some users were experiencing hangs, missing art assets, and infinite loads. Please ensure that your virus scanning software (e.g. Avast) whitelists your Steam folder/directory. This is required for new content to properly download and install.
  • Closed a loophole where the pause timer would stop counting down when sitting in the ‘Report Image’ flow.
  • Improved the user interface when applying contracts to players in MyTEAM by removing the display of how many contracts the player would have IF the current card was applied.
  • Fixed a case where the user accepting an online invite would sometimes skip the position selection screen in the way into matchmaking.
  • Headwear should now properly unequip when attempting to do so from within the MyPARK Apparel section of the store.
  • The player portrait will now update when a new user is signed in on the main menu via the account picker.
  • A number of other optimizations and enhancements have been made to improve the user experience.
GAMEPLAY
  • Teammate free throw celebration/interaction behaviors have been corrected.
  • Slightly tuned down the frequency of ball collisions.
  • Fixed an issue that led to a temporary loss of user control on possession changes while in the 2K Cam.
  • Tuned down the frequency of missed alley-oop and putback dunks when open.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed high rated post players to shoot post fadeaway 3's at a high percentage.
MyCAREER/MyPARK/MyCOURT
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game would hang when Doris Burke interviews your MyPLAYER at the end of the first half and/or at the end of the game.
  • The correct records and rep levels will now be shown for the players on the MyPARK loading screen.
  • Corrected the wall and floor art for the San Antonio Spurs theme in MyCOURT.
  • Fixed a case where some purchased shoes were not properly appearing on the shoe racks in MyCOURT.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Resolved a hang that could occur many, many years into MyGM when entering the offseason.
  • Generated players will now wear the correct color socks for away games.
  • Fixed an issue where generated players were getting their free throw animations randomized every offseason.
  • The Strengths/Weaknesses screen in Team Comparison should now be functioning properly once again.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (unless specifically noted otherwise).

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hopsin @ 12/15/15 02:28 PM
Downloading now. I hope it's good..

# 2 bigmike0077 @ 12/15/15 02:31 PM
Hope the player movement on defense and in general is better, also ive had a pretty easy time scoring on superstar sim even with changing the sliders (offline) anyone have any tips to get a realistic shooting percentage. so im not at almost 60% all the time.

# 3 The 24th Letter @ 12/15/15 02:33 PM
Likely the last patch of what has been a fantastic game so far.

Hope it stays this way and it'll go down as one of my favorites.

# 4 Jrocc23 @ 12/15/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Hope the player movement on defense and in general is better, also ive had a pretty easy time scoring on superstar sim even with changing the sliders (offline) anyone have any tips to get a realistic shooting percentage. so im not at almost 60% all the time.

Praying[emoji120] Do you have PS4? If so, report back for us and let us know.

Man, I hope this patch doesn't mess up this great game.

# 5 23 @ 12/15/15 02:35 PM
So far I don't see the losing the ball dribbling up the court... its either been toned down or removed.

Not sure if Kobe ever dribbled up after the inbound before, but I see it now

Playing the Bucks Lakers

BTW, patch notes up

# 6 NINJAK2 @ 12/15/15 02:38 PM
23 - Are you seeing player interaction between FT's once again??

# 7 ApolloKids @ 12/15/15 02:38 PM
I am hoping for some hair updates.

# 8 TheDuggler @ 12/15/15 02:42 PM
It's almost nothing, which I guess is a good thing this time.

Still nothing about the 0-0 MyTeam stuff, feel bad for guys who run that mode

# 9 23 @ 12/15/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Havent had a ft yet but ill update you in a sec

# 10 DaPope13 @ 12/15/15 02:44 PM
What about joining parks or pro am walk on with friends?

# 11 mmafan18 @ 12/15/15 02:45 PM
Well that sucks. I don't see anything about the issue were your friends won't automatically be taken with you to mypark or pro am walk on when in your court.

# 12 TheDuggler @ 12/15/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
A number of other optimizations and enhancements have been made to improve the user experience.
Hate when they put this stuff into the patch notes, gimme the details man!

# 13 23 @ 12/15/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Ft interaction fixed

# 14 23 @ 12/15/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Hate when they put this stuff into the patch notes, gimme the details man!
Probably alot of technical groundwork under the hood to make things function

# 15 23 @ 12/15/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Likely the last patch of what has been a fantastic game so far.

Hope it stays this way and it'll go down as one of my favorites.
So far I think you'll be happy 24

# 16 23 @ 12/15/15 02:53 PM
Yeah the AI plays good D but you aren't smothered. At least that's how i felt immediately

# 17 E The Rhymer @ 12/15/15 02:53 PM
Idk bout y'all but the biggest thing for me is that they changed the 3 point fade thing

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

# 18 bigmike0077 @ 12/15/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So far I think you'll be happy 24
how is the player movement on defense and offense now.

and also a side question, ive tried lowering down sliders, do you know how i can get better shooting percentages im almost at a 60% clip superstar custom sliders,even lowered success rates

# 19 NINJAK2 @ 12/15/15 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That's back.

The movement feels good too. Need to do some more playing to see if D is the same. I tried to recklessly drive into the paint w/ Melo and lost the ball once. But so far, from half a Q, the D doesn't feel as tight.

Gonna some more w/ diff teams.

Thx nuckles2k2 and 23--

One more question for you guys--How is your cpu teammate transition d playing? Any instances of your cpu teammates not picking up opponents leading to easy buckets in transition?

# 20 nuckles2k2 @ 12/15/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That's back.

But so far, from half a Q, the D doesn't feel as tight.
Scratch that. The D is fine.

I also saw some nice looking transition D from my team after Curry ripped me up when I didn't switch hands coming off of a screen.

Small sample size, but I'm satisfied so far.

« Previous1234567893132Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.