Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

In case you missed it yesterday, NBA 2K16 was named our sports game of the year for the fourth year in a row. In today's roundtable discussion, we talk about this incredible feat, what is the secret sauce behind NBA 2K16's success, and whether there's a viable challenger out there to unseat the king in 2016.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dazraz @ 01/14/16 11:18 AM
Sports Game of the year would some time ago be awarded to a game that was the best of a bad bunch. Today we have a consistently good Baseball game, an ever improving Soccer game. NHL has at last seen some much needed improvements. Dare I say it Madden, after years of minimal changes has seen some good progress. But all theses pale into comparison to where 2K have taken their Basketball game to us today. Be it the Career Mode, the highly customisable MyLeague or the TV style presentation we at last have a game that caters for all sports fans. Enjoy the NBA 2K experience for sadly it may well long be the exception to the norm.

# 2 Tsuki @ 01/14/16 11:25 AM
Part of 2k's success is the involvement with the community.

Being on these forums and others filtering through the whining and identifying their weaknesses to find improvements for year to year development.

The most important part of this is how they have given us MORE CUSTOMIZATION options so that guys like Simworld and other great roster,slider,draft class makers can improve upon their game further.

# 3 DBMcGee3 @ 01/14/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagswag21
This game is horrible; how is it sports game of the year?
Bit of hyperbole, no?

# 4 scottyp180 @ 01/14/16 12:02 PM
"Looking forward to next year, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Madden 17 does everything it can to unseat NBA 2K. I have been really impressed with the improvement in this year's Madden title"

I'd love to see Madden take a leap this year and earn a spot in Sports GOTY contention. I've had Madden since release but haven't played it consistently since 2K released. I've recently began playing it some more, end of the season and playoff football has given me some football fever, and I am surprised how much I enjoy the game. As an NFL 2k fan I've always had a deep hatred for Madden but this year's game is the first where I actually enjoy playing and don't have to convince myself that I like the game. I have high hopes for madden 17 if they can address the right issues.

Jagswag21 if NBA 2K16 is horrible then there has never been a good sports simulation.

# 5 bigdipper88 @ 01/14/16 12:42 PM
PES should have been an honorable mention. It's the better game of the two, FIFA and PES. If presentation improves in PES 17, watch out.

# 6 tril @ 01/14/16 01:26 PM
"The game has something for eveyone", except for those that love defense.
The game is good, but this is the first year that I disagree with NBA2k being game of the year.
Again, the defensive game clearly does not work as intended, its to the point that its maddening.

maybe there is a difference between the console versions and the pc version.
2k15 can hold me over till next year.

# 7 DBMcGee3 @ 01/14/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
PES should have been an honorable mention. It's the better game of the two, FIFA and PES. If presentation improves in PES 17, watch out.
Too many goals for me, although the game is really fun and the AI is unreal for the CPU. I just hate constantly having 4-2 games when I'm only playing for 15 minutes. The goals just aren't very rewarding because the keepers are so awful and the shooting is so OP'd.

# 8 sportsgamer5761 @ 01/14/16 02:13 PM
First off: to each their own. If you love the NBA 2K series, and have loads of fun playing it, I'm not here to argue. It is funny, though, how people can have such widely varied opinions. I've been playing sports video games since the 80's, and the last few NBA 2K games have been some of the worst and most frustrating I've ever played. The collision detection is PS2 level (yesterday, I had my arm pass through a CPU player, like I was as insubstantial as a puff of smoke), the offense, even at higher difficulty levels is far too easy for both CPU and human players (games where both teams shoot in the high 50% to over 60% range are very common), and like MLB The Show, these issues that have been around for years, never seem to be corrected. If NBA 2K really is the best sports game this year, it shows how stale and boring sports games have become.
Again, just my opinion.

# 9 Badasi12b @ 01/14/16 05:34 PM
Geez that game is overrated. I literally couldn't play anything but play now and blacktop offline! I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME TO ITS FULLEST! Game needs separate reviews... offline vs online. Not everyone has high speed internet yet.

# 10 coolcras7 @ 01/14/16 06:18 PM
At lest 2k16 get one award, for some reason all the other website decided the best sports game was a game where a car played football

# 11 The 24th Letter @ 01/14/16 06:45 PM
In the complain first culture we live in, you're not going to get many universally praised sports games....and in some cases 2k simply isn't for some people which I can understand...

but for a guy like me who lives a good game of bball...SGOTY is well deserved...good bounce back after 2K15 left a bit of a bad taste...

# 12 DevSwerve @ 01/15/16 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
Geez that game is overrated. I literally couldn't play anything but play now and blacktop offline! I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME TO ITS FULLEST! Game needs separate reviews... offline vs online. Not everyone has high speed internet yet.

lol get your internet game up fam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 Pokes404 @ 01/15/16 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
There are several modes you can play offline. What was wrong with MyCareer, MyGM, and MyLeague? Why couldn't you play those?

# 14 Junior Moe @ 01/15/16 03:49 PM
I very much agree. 2K16 is my game if the year. Congrats team!!

# 15 swac07 @ 01/15/16 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I very much agree. 2K16 is my game if the year. Congrats team!!
DITTO. ....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 16 authentic @ 01/15/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
"The game has something for eveyone", except for those that love defense.

The game is good, but this is the first year that I disagree with NBA2k being game of the year.

Again, the defensive game clearly does not work as intended, its to the point that its maddening.

maybe there is a difference between the console versions and the pc version.

2k15 can hold me over till next year.

It's not unrealistic. The NBA hardly has any defense anymore, besides maybe, maybe a handful of teams.

# 17 tril @ 01/15/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
It's not unrealistic. The NBA hardly has any defense anymore, besides maybe, maybe a handful of teams.

you are right. I like the 90s and early 2000s style of basketball.
the last few years its been all offense. its like the showtime Lakers on over drive.

Im figuring out more and more about 2k16. so I guess setting up practices really ways heavily this year also.

my team has all of sudden started performing better defensively, but Im not sure why.
I adjusted the practices to make them defensive heavy
-also I traded players that were bring my teams moral down.
the game also received an update.

the improvement in defense might be a combination of all three things. I dont know. but the last few games have been night and day. Ims till on an 11 game losing streak though. but I have seen less breakdowns in defense.

# 18 tril @ 01/15/16 11:23 PM
I seriously dont know what happened to the game between yesterday and today.
I had tons of complaints prior to today.
now, the game is playing like SGOTY. geesh I cant put the game down now.
The PC version must have definitely gotten some type of update that improved the gameplay.

I just played a game where the cpu controlled team double teamed ANthony Davis every tiem he touched the ball, the fact that Anthony Davis didnt even establish himself in said game, makes it awesome.
From the tip off each time Davis got the ball in the paint they were double teaming. I had to search for other offensive weapons.
I had to run some plays where Davis was at teh top of the key and had to run him off of picks to get some open looks. very nice!!!!!!

the defense is also improved.
thanks 2k. I was about to give up on this game, but now I cant put it down. hopefully this lasts

# 19 coolcras7 @ 01/16/16 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Because it is a well made, balanced, competitive online game, that is fair and challenging.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
It's not a real sports game and should not have been in the same category as a sport simulation games.

# 20 coolcras7 @ 01/17/16 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Putting a ball in a goal, in a timed structure, keeping score and a team wins.

That's not a video game sport?

NBA2k...is not real. Replace the human looking characters with cars, make the ball bigger, change the way the field of play looks and..its the same exact thing.

Holding a controller with the purpose of putting a ball in a goal more times than the other team before time runs out.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

please stop talking

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.