Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

A pet peeve in a video game is just a little thing that drives you crazy. It’s not really a “game killer” or anything like that to me, it’s just that one thing you wish was better. It can be something small like a player's signature shot being slightly off, or it can even be a bit bigger like an inability to import a draft class.

The point is this pet peeve gnaws at you even though you actively try to ignore it. It’s that big brother who pokes you in that spot between your chest and shoulder (come on, you know the spot). He just keeps doing it over and over trying to get a rise out of you. You try to pretend it doesn’t bother you, but inside your own head you’re screaming. Finally, you snap and check him through the wall. From there, you have a moment of jubilation, only to then realize you’ve sealed your own fate and the pummeling of a lifetime. So you immediately sprint out of the house and plan to hide in the small wooded area until your mom gets home from work. Only you realize your mom is going to be pissed about the brother-sized hole in the living room wall, so you do the math on how long you need to stay out before she’s just happy you’re home and totally forgets about the wall. However, somewhere along the line you realize you’re a 10-year-old kid who's totally not cool with being in the woods when it gets dark. This realization ends with a sad slink home as you accept your doomed fate.

...Oh, uh yeah sorry, got a bit off track there I guess.

The point is we all have these pet peeves in our video games. I’m going to highlight just a couple of my own in NBA 2K16, and then maybe you all will have some to share as well. Let’s do it.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmaj315 @ 02/09/16 01:02 PM
Definitely agree with KYP... smh!!!!!
My biggest pet peeve is probably the 2 foot jump shot instead of a layup
Kills me inside

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 2 Matthias34 @ 02/09/16 01:21 PM
I haven't noticed many flaws with the gameplay that aren't mentioned above. But some of my pet peeves are:
-Inability to save/upload jerseys and courts or create them outside of a game mode
-Inability to edit prospects' nicknames in draft classes, they automatically generate
-MyGM crowds still wear old colors after relocation even though it was already supposed to be fixed in a patch
-No way to try out prospects in-game before the draft (shootaround, etc). This got dropped in every next-Gen version

# 3 Magnus1959 @ 02/09/16 01:33 PM
The 3 second call. Not a big thing but my pet peeve.

# 4 micole @ 02/09/16 02:25 PM
Gameplay wise- nothing download Simworld roster(Xbox one) will make the game complete(shameless plug)😜 But really this year not updating the player looks and lack of updated shoes and accessories. They were on point in previous years they dropped the ball this year

# 5 KingMansaMusa @ 02/09/16 03:04 PM
No three seconds ever called on computer, the warping and player glitching together and the full court dribble animation.

# 6 GuwopGeezus @ 02/09/16 03:12 PM
1) When you can't break out of a celebration after a big basket and the other team comes down and scores

2) Playing MyGM or any other mode where your teammates are computers and sometimes after you make a basket your center goes down the court and stands out of bounds under the basket so the other team's center gets a wide open layup

# 7 iTofu @ 02/09/16 03:38 PM
Honestly my biggest pet peeve is people using white away jerseys and/or black home jerseys in MyTeam or Pro-Am.

Example:

2K should find a means of restricting the lightness and darkness of jerseys to prevent this.

# 8 ballin2k0 @ 02/09/16 03:46 PM
mine is the comback element or the hold you back where you go ice cold and miss everything while the other team can do no wrong its in both offline and online gameplay and it ruins the game for me......its has that cheap feel to where older basketball game where either too easy on lower difficulties or way to hard on harder difficulties that makes it feel generic and cheap made instead of thinking man the ai is improved nope just a cheap ai that is 2 black eyes to this game...and it makes me not want to play it because i know whats going to happen evey game and its not fun...

# 9 milin @ 02/09/16 04:10 PM
I actually hate both steph curry's and KD's jumpshot release timings. I can hit a lot more shots from either 3 or mid range with any average player but not with them. I know they have to make it harder to hit shots online, but I only play offline. I want to be able to hit shots with two of the top shooters in the league. The problem is that unless you get a perfect shot with them, you're not gonna hit it. The game penalizes you too much for shooting just good shots instead of perfect with these two guys, when it should be the other way around, being two of the best shooters and off the dribble shooters in the league.

# 10 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 02/09/16 04:19 PM
the gravitational pull when you call a pick and roll play. I dont know if i have had many clean pick and rolls where the defense was not holding you during the play. i dont know if this is just a one of those generational glitches that we have to deal with when playing against the computer, but it make calling that play annoying.

# 11 DBMcGee3 @ 02/09/16 04:24 PM
Other than the defender AI, which is abysmal, my gripe for the last 3 years has been the missing post game highlights (PS4). I realize that it's apparently a console issue, but the fact that 2k is obviously aware of, and yet never so much as acknowledges it, seems like questionable business ethics to me. They are knowingly selling a product with features that simply don't work.

I'm peeved just talking about it. Fix it.

# 12 jeebs9 @ 02/09/16 04:28 PM
My Biggest pet peeve is the opening tip off. When my opponent at tip off goes for that stupid dunk. When they win the tip and go for the easy dunk.... I hate that ****!!

And secondly.... It's crazy that this bothers me still (because it's been in the game for years now). But when a player touches the ball after a score. AND THE FREAKING CLOCK STARTS RUNNING!!

# 13 coach02 @ 02/09/16 04:44 PM
the Defense 3 second rule. I hate that my AI defenders for some reason just park themselves in the lane and then I have to watch the other team hit a Technical Free Throw and get the ball. This always seems to happen at the worst possible moment too

# 14 strawberryshortcake @ 02/09/16 04:49 PM
(A) No post game highlights PS4 >8 minutes.
(B) Player running away from the pass, resulting in a steal, turnover, or bad angle toward.
(C) Short arming rebounds, poor rebounding logic.
(D) Players/Big Man guarding the crowd/standing out of the bounds under the basket instead of guarding the paint.

(A) No post game highlights PS4 >8 minutes.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html

(B) Player running away from the pass, resulting in a steal, turnover, or bad angle toward. Pass into the paint. Notice how Draymond Green sudden runs away from the ball.

(C) Short arming rebounds, poor rebounding logic. Harrison Barnes doesn't fully extend his arm to get the rebound. Even if he doesn't actually get the redound, the L shape shortening of the arms looks terrible. No one does that. Only happens in 2k.

Kyrie Irving 6'3"
Harrison Barnes 6'8"

(D) Players/Big Man guarding the crowd/standing out of the bounds under the basket instead of guarding the paint.

# 15 tril @ 02/09/16 04:54 PM
in regards to the awkward slides on defense. I think that has to do with responsiveness. The responsive can not handle the switch in contextual animations.
when you compare the game to 2k15 it actaully took a step back.
In addition in previous versions of 2k you could kind of basically manually hedge or collpase your defenders as opposed to this year. But i believe that is because teh action on the court this year has been sped up. so the user has to be quicker in making manual decisions on defense.
again i think its all tied toa responsive issue.

now my pet peeves
-are the increase in morphing through things. Based on 2ks history its just awful this year.
-the lack of shooting foul animations in the paint. previous versions (especially 2k15) had soem beautiful animations , compared to this year.
-broken rebound stats
-the constant changes in the control schemes for basic things like subbing, and calling plays. they were better thought out in previous versions. this years changes are horrible. its hard to call plays and subs during gameplay. switch it back to the 2k15 layout for playcalls and subs

overall the agme is grat, but i have to admit I did not like 2k16 at first

# 16 Finepanther @ 02/09/16 05:13 PM
1) No sliders in MyCareer

2) Jump-shot variance: sometimes my jumper looks awesome, sometimes it's just gross to look at. The amount of times the shot gets changed should be cut in half and it should never look as ugly as it does.

3) RESPONSIVENESS: players should do exactly what you tell them to do, WHEN you tell them to do it. This has been bad since the jump to next gen.

4) Freq's shimmy dance: After a 15 foot jump shot in the 1st quarter? REALLY??

# 17 Man2ManD @ 02/09/16 05:35 PM
- Spacing issues, players too fast, too big.
- Passing.
- Hesitation 3, Jamal Crawford sizeup, Aldridge release. MyPark cheese fest mentality. I thought they were cutting the cheese.
- Broken stamina (how did they manage to break it? In 2k15 was perfect).
- Getting stripped driving to the paint.
- Midgets blocking giants.
- Mid-range game inexistent.

# 18 Mbunn1993 @ 02/09/16 05:37 PM
Pretty sure this just turned into a cons/what I hate thread. Most of these are not considered pet peeves

# 19 Badasi12b @ 02/09/16 06:16 PM
My pet peeve? The fact that I don't have online consistent in my house and couldn't play any modes outside of blacktop and play now. Unplayable. For a game series that consistently gets 9s-9.5s, this game should be near perfect! The fact that all you read on boards from everyone is how much they hate this game and how cheesy it can be makes you question yhe motive of the reviewer. Most overrated game in a LONG TIME! Live 16 doesn't have all the bell and whistles of 2k16, but at least while offline I can actually play dynasty and rising star season and SAVE MY GAME with my game face player! 2k16 doesn't even let you SAVE your creation if you're offline! Unacceptable.

# 20 BA2929 @ 02/09/16 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Pretty sure this just turned into a cons/what I hate thread. Most of these are not considered pet peeves
Isn't that what every thread on here turns into?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.