Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports posted a new blog detailing Presentation improvements in Madden NFL 17.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 brings even more authenticity to Broadcast Presentation this year. From the beginning sequence of heading into game you will notice the “rock concert” feel that you see so often on real NFL Broadcasts."

And with that, we begin to learn about some of the new improvements coming to the Presentation in Madden NFL 17.
  • Each stadium and jumbotron has been updated to improve authenticity at each venue around the NFL.
  • Pylon cams are now part of the game.
  • New camera angles on the field.
  • In-game stat overlays now will be shown over replays as well as live.
  • Multi-Cam is a new camera angle which can target multiple players in one cut after a play concludes.
  • Players and the UI exist with one another in a 3D environment.
  • The look and behavior of coaches has been improved on the sidelines so that they look and act more lifelike.

What do you think of Madden NFL 17's presentation improvements?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 J ROCK 05 @ 06/08/16 08:05 PM
Didn't see any mention of this in the threads. Does this mean there is a new sideline reporter? Same sideline reporter? Or no sideline reporter at all?!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

# 102 Cowboy008 @ 06/08/16 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J ROCK 05
Didn't see any mention of this in the threads. Does this mean there is a new sideline reporter? Same sideline reporter? Or no sideline reporter at all?!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
No sideline reporter

# 103 thatmanGriffin @ 06/08/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
The starting lineup presentation look much better without those ridiculous over the top poses the Packers secondary was doing in that pic from a couple months ago. Wonder if those poses are still in for the secondary?

Does it look like Vince wilfork has new ankle/cleat tape and not the bulky kind

# 104 VinnyVegas28 @ 06/08/16 11:22 PM
These are fresh additions and I can't wait to play!!!

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

# 105 KANE699 @ 06/08/16 11:34 PM
Yes the ankle tape is new

# 106 Rams_3 @ 06/08/16 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Yes the ankle tape is new
Kane did you get to scan mark barron and or trumaine Johnson?

# 107 smiley3 @ 06/08/16 11:46 PM
Clint worked on the ankle tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 108 extremeskins04 @ 06/09/16 12:04 AM
Can we get pre, halftime and post game SHOWS this year? Yes? No? I'm not talking about a few plays that are ran during halftime.

I'm talking about a broadcast style show with analysts sitting in a studio, like NBA 2k16 has.

When can we expect that?

That's presentation. EA has been beating us over the head with the stat overlays and camera angles. I mean I don't think you can squeeze anymore camera angles in there. LOL.

Can we move on to a nice broadcast style shows (pre, half, post)?

What say you? It's time this happened, it's been WAY overdue. Madden fans have been waiting a decade for it.

# 109 KANE699 @ 06/09/16 12:08 AM
We had Clint spat it since he had the most experience with taping up cleats then had it scanned and then cleaned it up to update our existing spat model.

# 110 roadman @ 06/09/16 12:08 AM
No post game wrap up show and not sure about the other two. We need to wait for the CFM blog to drop.

# 111 smiley3 @ 06/09/16 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Can we get pre, halftime and post game SHOWS this year? Yes? No? I'm not talking about a few plays that are ran during halftime.

I'm talking about a broadcast style show with analysts sitting in a studio, like NBA 2k16 has.

When can we expect that?

That's presentation. EA has been beating us over the head with the stat overlays and camera angles. I mean I don't think you can squeeze anymore camera angles in there. LOL.

Can we move on to a nice broadcast style shows (pre, half, post)?

What say you? It's time this happened, it's been WAY overdue. Madden fans have been waiting a decade for it.

If there is I think it will be in there CFM blog. I'm hoping it is pre halftime and post game show

# 112 asu666 @ 06/09/16 01:04 AM
I'd like a better halftime show and a news scroll at the bottom of the screen.

# 113 NateDogPack12 @ 06/09/16 04:34 AM
Let's keep this thread focused on the presentation improvements and avoid the urge to talk about CFM. If you want to talk about CFM, there is a great thread to do it on the first page called "Franchise Improvements".

As for my thoughts on the commentary team, I've thought about it the last few hours and I think this is for the best. The new guy seems to have more energy. EA is going for an environment that not only mirrors a real life broadcast, but surpasses it. That's why they've brought in a unique voice. That's why they've been so creative with the camera angles.

As for Charles Davis, he's hit or miss as far as I'm concerned. Commentary is always a tag-team endeavor, so if he meshes well, that's good and I trust their judgment. On the other hand, sometimes I've found him annoying on television.

# 114 Reed1417 @ 06/09/16 08:12 AM
As someone who does both PxP and Color Commentary gotta say I'm really impressed with Brandon and the energy he brings to his calls. The passion is there and I'm hopeful that will translate well in game. Chemistry is important too so I'm looking forward to hearing both of them together. They'll only get more comfortable with each other as time goes on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 115 OhMrHanky @ 06/09/16 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Let's keep this thread focused on the presentation improvements and avoid the urge to talk about CFM. If you want to talk about CFM, there is a great thread to do it on the first page called "Franchise Improvements".

As for my thoughts on the commentary team, I've thought about it the last few hours and I think this is for the best. The new guy seems to have more energy. EA is going for an environment that not only mirrors a real life broadcast, but surpasses it. That's why they've brought in a unique voice. That's why they've been so creative with the camera angles.

As for Charles Davis, he's hit or miss as far as I'm concerned. Commentary is always a tag-team endeavor, so if he meshes well, that's good and I trust their judgment. On the other hand, sometimes I've found him annoying on television.

As annoying as Phil Simms? Lol. I actually liked him as a QB back in the day, but I can't stand his commentary. I think he had too many concussions or something.

# 116 dtlm6 @ 06/09/16 09:09 PM
I would love to see them incorporate a pre-game, halftime and post-game show with highlights of other games. That would make season mode or franchise mode more interactive with the rest of the league. Have the pre-game focus on the big games of the week. When you play season or franchise mode now, you have no idea what's going on with the other teams.

# 117 SageInfinite @ 06/10/16 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
We had Clint spat it since he had the most experience with taping up cleats then had it scanned and then cleaned it up to update our existing spat model.
Was this done for the black tape too?

# 118 Rams_3 @ 06/10/16 11:10 AM
I hope they did it for the black tape and also team color tape as well. I'm glad the tape won't look like a foot cast anymore.

# 119 GoJags904 @ 06/10/16 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
I would love to see them incorporate a pre-game, halftime and post-game show with highlights of other games. That would make season mode or franchise mode more interactive with the rest of the league. Have the pre-game focus on the big games of the week. When you play season or franchise mode now, you have no idea what's going on with the other teams.
That would be a good start. They could implement commentary about records and standings/playoff implications 1 year for pre-game; and expand on that with player names, etc in yr 2. That could do wonders for talking points for a halftime and postgame show.

# 120 smiley3 @ 06/11/16 08:27 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.