Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden is synonymous with NFL football. Madden NFL 16 released to mostly favorable critical reviews. I personally think it’s the best digital version of simulation football ever released. That being said it’s nowhere near perfect. August is right around the corner, E3 is knocking on the door and Madden 17 will be in our hands in no time. Before we step back out on the gridiron, let’s take a look at three things I think would catapult Madden back into the conversation as one of the best sports titles released in any given year.

Read More - Madden NFL: Three Things Which Would Excite Me About Its Future

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 cooper417 @ 06/08/16 03:56 PM
As a sim franchise player, I could care less about any of these 3 things. lol

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 06/08/16 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
As a sim franchise player
Wasn't #2 "Bringing The Simulation Back to Franchise Mode"?!?

# 3 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Wasn't #2 "Bringing The Simulation Back to Franchise Mode"?!?
Indeed it was.

This is why we read, ladies and gentlemen.

# 4 NateDogPack12 @ 06/08/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Did you just not read the article at all? Don't comment on something unless you read it. It's a slap in the face to the OS writers who produce this content.

# 5 rangerrick012 @ 06/08/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
It's "couldn't"care less, and to echo everyone else's sentiments adding coaching staffs is an example of a simple element that is obviously missing from franchise mode that "sim"franchise players would surely love.

# 6 bxphenom7 @ 06/08/16 04:33 PM
I'm still waiting for Madden to revamp the Superstar mode. Madden 07's Superstar mode is what made me have so much fun with the game after unfortunately becoming the last Madden I enjoyed. Though I'm not considering a Madden until the move to Frosbite, I hope a revamp of the Superstar mode comes with it. Then maybe, just maybe, along with key gameplay improvements, I might just purchase my first Madden in what will have been a decade.

# 7 Jershy88 @ 06/08/16 04:58 PM
I never got into the "buying" virtual houses and stuff...it may be for some people, but not me. A superstar mode that is actually fun though...I could appreciate that.

# 8 cooper417 @ 06/08/16 05:08 PM
He talked specifically about the coaching staff..... I could care less about hiring my trainer or special teams coach. In the same way I don't care about pricing a hot dog as an owner....

I'd prefer to fix "drive goals" & many other factors that actually matter when diving into the franchise mode.
The XP system affecting players progression/regression has made FA a joke in M15 & M16. I'd have talked about something other than my trainer.
Hiring a trainer or coaches might be an easy fix, but not having WRs slower than OLinemen in FA would higher on my list.

# 9 StubbyStan @ 06/08/16 05:55 PM
Quote:
He talked specifically about the coaching staff..... I could care less about hiring my trainer or special teams coach. In the same way I don't care about pricing a hot dog as an owner....

I'd prefer to fix "drive goals" & many other factors that actually matter when diving into the franchise mode.
The XP system affecting players progression/regression has made FA a joke in M15 & M16. I'd have talked about something other than my trainer.
Hiring a trainer or coaches might be an easy fix, but not having WRs slower than OLinemen in FA would higher on my list.
Maybe I should have clarified about what hiring a coaching staff means. If you remember in a former version of Madden, the coaches had attributes that would help one facet of the offense/defense/ST. You're not just picking an avatar & clicking "A". You're making a decision on what phase of your offense you want to accentuate or shore up via coaching.

While I agree that "drive goals" need to be fixed, how many times have you seen someone here or anywhere else that cares about sports games talk about how the drive goal mechanic, while a nice idea, was implemented poorly? You come to OS to hear us talk about the nuance of sports games in a way that you won't see anywhere else in the world.

There was a fix to CFM in February that made progression actually work as intended for Madden 16. The only problem was that you would have to start a new Franchise in order to take advantage of the changes. My assumption is that those fixes will be implemented in Madden 17 at the start.

Thanks again for reading and commenting! Continue to challenge me, and everyone else here at OS to give you the absolute best in sports game reporting!

# 10 StubbyStan @ 06/08/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
I never got into the "buying" virtual houses and stuff...it may be for some people, but not me. A superstar mode that is actually fun though...I could appreciate that.
I hear you man. It's just that earning a salary in these "You're the player modes" means so little. It literally gains you no advantage. It's just an ego boost. Let's have it mean something. When you sit down at the negotiation table you're now motivated to get the best deal you possibly can because it means that it will give you the opportunity to do something with it.

Maybe some people want to buy jewelry. Maybe some people want to buy cars/houses. Maybe others would like to have better equipment/training facilities. How cool would it be if all of these options had positive, tangible affects on your superstar's career progression?

# 11 cooper417 @ 06/08/16 06:07 PM
I appreciate the articles! Maybe I should be less of a smart*** when I reply. hahaha

Yeah the 300% XP fixed some of the off-season progression/regression, that they added in February.
There's plenty we could list for a wishlist. Being in an online 32 player CFM league something as simple as a Draft Board where you could rank the draft class would be welcome addition.
I know CFM news is coming any day so maybe some of this will be in M17.

# 12 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/08/16 08:06 PM
A Superstar mode similar to NBA 2K's My Player mode would be awesome. Have our player start out in High School & have to go through the trials of making it to the NFL. Make it to where every decision you make has a consequence. A dope story in Superstar mode is long overdue! I'm surprised with the success of NBA 2K's My Player, Madden hasn't followed suit.

# 13 tarek @ 06/08/16 08:39 PM
For me it's always been about immersion. And maybe an on/off storylines mode. And all storylines would do is add variability associated with a paragraph of text, or a sequence of events that are either scripted or give the option to shape (choose your own adventure style).
Similar to how the press conferences work in NBA 2K My Player.
Looking back at the storylines from something like NFL Head Coach 09, makes me realise how much i was immersed in those leagues and followed the stories.

# 14 SportsGameGod @ 06/09/16 12:04 AM
Just so you know you would NEVER be apart of an esports version of this game so i'd choose another thing to replace number 1.

# 15 zello144 @ 06/09/16 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
I'm still waiting for Madden to revamp the Superstar mode. Madden 07's Superstar mode is what made me have so much fun with the game after unfortunately becoming the last Madden I enjoyed. Though I'm not considering a Madden until the move to Frosbite, I hope a revamp of the Superstar mode comes with it. Then maybe, just maybe, along with key gameplay improvements, I might just purchase my first Madden in what will have been a decade.
Same I haven't purchased Madden since 10 and It's because of it's career mode. If it had a better be a pro mode on the level of NBA 2k's MyCareer I'd play Madden again.

# 16 irishcardinal @ 06/09/16 12:46 AM
Not being able to create or edit draft classes like NBA2K is ridiculous.
Hate the random nonsense that they make you draft. Just not fun.

But I am glad they changed up the announcers, Simms and Nantz were the worst.

# 17 StubbyStan @ 06/09/16 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
Just so you know you would NEVER be apart of an esports version of this game so i'd choose another thing to replace number 1.
Why not? Curious.

# 18 mike24forever @ 06/09/16 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Did you just not read the article at all? Don't comment on something unless you read it. It's a slap in the face to the OS writers who produce this content.
No time to read, need to put down others' opinions...especially if it's about Madden. Don't forget to throw in the "collect we" vs "the casual" gamers, because it's relevant to every topic.

# 19 kamagate @ 06/09/16 08:02 AM
I would absolutely love it if they expanded on the "superstar" mode or whatever they want to call it. I don't even like baseball but I've had an amazing time playing road to the show and while I haven't played it in a few years I've heard so many great things about 2K's NBA my player mode. With the success and popularity of those modes the Madden developers doesn't even have to be that creative, they just have to look at what works in those other games and shamelessly copy it.

# 20 Datninja619 @ 06/09/16 10:06 AM
Commenting on the NFL Superstar part:

If they expanded on what NCAA Road to Glory was, I think that would be a good base to start with. You had to work up to that starting position and earn coaches trust to be able to call audibles.

I don't play NBA or MLB games, so having a "superstar" mode where it feels personal would be a huge edition for me.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.