Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

It's never too early to discuss next season in the NBA.

Once the champion is crowned, the other 29 teams will begin concocting a plan of attack in hopes of becoming NBA champions next year.

That starts with the NBA Draft and kicks into high gear during free agency. Nearly every team will be in play for the top-named free agents due to the increasing salary cap. Yes, even the Philadelphia 76ers are technically in play for Kevin Durant.

Someone check on Joel Embiid if he still thinks this is possible.

But let's look ahead. Here are some impending roster changes that could change the landscape of NBA 2K17.

Read More - What Big Changes Are In Store for the NBA 2K17 Roster?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CookNBA03 @ 06/10/16 11:49 AM
Sweep? If my memory is correct, Cleveland won Game 3...

# 2 Dice @ 06/10/16 12:28 PM
Embiid needs to worry about staying healthy and the Sixers need to reach .500 before they get a big named superstar. I've never heard of a superstar player going from a championship contending team to one of the worst teams in the league. I maybe wrong but I don't think it's gonna happen.

# 3 bxphenom7 @ 06/10/16 01:39 PM
I'm always a fan of seeing players go and represent their home cities/states. However, you're right that for Derozan, he should stay in Toronto, though LA may be an interesting young dynamic. The sure thing still remains Toronto in terms of winning. With LA, they may not click until the 2017-2018 season or the season after that.

Howard + Mavs = best spot. I don't think the Mavs will win, but they'll definitely be dangerous. Hopefully Howard can get some free throw shooting pointers from Dirk.

For Hordford, I'd like to see him go to my Knicks, though I'm sure their financials are messy as usual, and there is no foreseeable hope for the future other than Porzingis (unless a big Melo trade) lol I definitely agree the Hawks have plateaued, and Imve thought that for a while. They're essentially like the Spurs, no Superstars, except they can't go the extra step to be a potential Finals bound team (unless you consider Kawhi and Horford superstars). Yet, the Spurs themselves would work. Horford and Aldeidge, daaamn. I like Howard on the Mavs more than Horford there.

As for KD, I hope GS isn't his next destination. Though I think that would secure a 3-peat (I'm calling the Warriors winning 4-1), especially if Curry has the ocassional injury, Durant would be right there with Klay to steer the ship. But for KD's rep, I don't think it'd do him good. This would be beyond Wade, Bosh, and James teaming up lol Though I'm sure KD wouldn't care when he's holding the Finals trophy.I can't see him go to DC since the Wizards just aren't anything special and hopeful right now. Wall is, Beal sometimes is, and that's it. He would be in the easier conference though, and could soften his road to thw Finals. Who knows, maybe his presence would unleash something in Beal and Otto Porter. Not only that, but the following season could attract new free agents to DC if Durant's already been there for a year and rejuvanted the Wizards. If I were him, I'd negotiate a short term contract with OKC to give it a couple more years there alongside Westbrook.

# 4 de_jesus @ 06/10/16 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Embiid needs to worry about staying healthy and the Sixers need to reach .500 before they get a big named superstar. I've never heard of a superstar player going from a championship contending team to one of the worst teams in the league. I maybe wrong but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Weren't the Cavs awful before LeBron came back?

# 5 tril @ 06/12/16 08:53 AM
Derozen needs to stay in Toronto, instead of potentially going to LA. That is unless LA happens to land KD.
Im not sold on Derozen yet, He's a good player but I dont think he's worth a max contract, which is what he will be seeking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.