Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 The Journey (story mode) has been confirmed, check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Powered by Frostbite, The Journey is a new mode in FIFA 17. Make your mark on and off the pitch as the Premier League's next rising star, Alex Hunter. Play at any Premier League club, for authentic managers, and alongside some of the best players on the planet.

INTRODUCING ALEX HUNTER
Alex is a 17-year-old from humble roots in Clapham, London who has football in the blood. Guided by his grandfather and English legend Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966-67 season), Alex has a name that carries weight in football circles, obstacles to overcome, and a personal legacy to build. Alex now has a promising footballing career in front of him, but how far can he go? That’s up to you.

It's a new season and touted young academy prospect, Alex Hunter is looking to make his mark in the Premier League. But this season you decide which team he plays for. You make the decisions off the pitch. And you shape his career with your performance on the pitch.

Powered by Frostbite™, The Journey is a new cinematic narrative mode in FIFA 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, that lets you make your mark in a true-to-life experience as a professional player. Developed with Premier League stars like Harry Kane, Eden Hazard and Anthony Martial, in The Journey you can choose to play at any club during the 2016/17 season, for real managers and alongside some of the best players in world football.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 dubcity @ 06/13/16 02:04 AM
Credit for featuring something non-UT related this year, even if I'm not at all interested in story modes in sports games.

# 42 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/13/16 05:10 AM
Didn't read through the thread due to all the bitching. This mode looks very nice. I'm excited to play through Alex Hunter's journey. What's wrong with FIFA adding something new to the game?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 43 flo182 @ 06/13/16 07:23 AM
Mhhh great before fixing the broken Career Mode they decide to introduce a new mode...

# 44 Boltman @ 06/13/16 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I agree that career mode needs a lot of attention but I don't know how anyone can be upset with this. It looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy2quik
But, I don't want to be Alex Hunter...
I agree with both posts, it does look amazing but I don't want to be this Alex Hunter. Let me play this mode as a character of my choosing.

# 45 Tabez @ 06/13/16 10:30 AM
When I first seen this trailer I couldn't have been more excited. But once you realize you have to be the same custom player as every single person who plays the game, it kind of ruins it.

I hated the 2k16 story, but I can't see this being any worse. My whole thing is I would rather be myself or a REAL young hotshot like Rashford or Martial.

I know I will end up creating a player career with a real pro, so I can only hope that mode has not been ignored

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

# 46 kwebbvols4423 @ 06/13/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Didn't read through the thread due to all the bitching. This mode looks very nice. I'm excited to play through Alex Hunter's journey. What's wrong with FIFA adding something new to the game?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
I am all for it, if they have made significant improvements to the career mode that is already there.

# 47 RoyceDa59 @ 06/13/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
I am all for it, if they have made significant improvements to the career mode that is already there.
I have a feeling they have made improvements to the career mode, will it be what everyone wants, no, but I do believe it got some love this year.

# 48 KingTocco @ 06/13/16 12:35 PM
Looks really cool, I'm definitely intrigued.

To those saying this will fail, you couldn't be more wrong. NBA 2K has been doing this for a few years and it's gone over very well and many people enjoy it, this is also the first year EA is doing something like this.

If it's not for you that's cool, but stop bashing it before you even play it or know more than just a 2 minute video. I'd rather see some constructive negative comments rather than "who asked for this? or this will fail" type stuff. The FIFA playing community isn't just limited to OS, I'm sure there is definitely a player base that asked for this or has been wanting something similar.

# 49 redsox4evur @ 06/13/16 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Looks really cool, I'm definitely intrigued.

To those saying this will fail, you couldn't be more wrong. NBA 2K has been doing this for a few years and it's gone over very well and many people enjoy it, this is also the first year EA is doing something like this.

If it's not for you that's cool, but stop bashing it before you even play it or know more than just a 2 minute video. I'd rather see some constructive negative comments rather than "who asked for this? or this will fail" type stuff. The FIFA playing community isn't just limited to OS, I'm sure there is definitely a player base that asked for this or has been wanting something similar.

Or the just fix career mode stuff. Which they did...and your commentating in a thread talking about improved career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 50 bad_philanthropy @ 06/13/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acles003
Ask the millions of people who get MLB The Show for the Road To The Show feature or NBA2K for the My Career mode.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
RttS is nothing like this. It is exatly like the Be a Pro mode already in the game. This is like the NBA 2k mode and the old Sony basketball game before it.

# 51 DBMcGee3 @ 06/13/16 01:27 PM
Not my cup of tea, but I don't guess another mode hurts. It seems like they've still done lots to improve the action on the pitch, and most reviews on the new engine seem to be positive.

I guess time will tell, it sucks that the modes I care least about seem to be the most popular.

# 52 grizzlies317 @ 06/13/16 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Or the just fix career mode stuff. Which they did...and your commentating in a thread talking about improved career mode.

The "fix career mode" comments are referring to the manager career mode, not the player career mode. And those comments are fair, because the manager career mode hasn't received significant improvements in years. I'm sure everyone knows this thread is about the player career mode, considering the contents of the thread title and OP.

That being said, there's still plenty of time for manager career mode improvements to be announced. Fingers crossed. And I'm sure I'll give this new game mode a shot, it clearly looks better than the usual player career.

# 53 legendkiller5 @ 06/13/16 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
Exactly. Why not add online career mode etc. I mean they did it for Madden. Also did they not see how awful this story mode with a set player did when 2k did it this year? It was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
People hated the character's name but pretty much liked the story mode.
Yeah, this. I hated the storyline, and I don't like the "Freq" nickname, but once you get into year 2 of the mode, it's great.

This seems like it'll be a cool mode, and I'm glad people are going to enjoy it, but I'm not a fan of being locked into a character's appearance and name. At least a player had the ability to tailor Freq's appearance, name and game to their own in 2k.

# 54 Scary Larry @ 06/13/16 01:39 PM
As long as there are gameplay improvements, I could care less about Manager Mode. It's never going to be a detailed, in depth mode ever with this franchise. That's what Football Manager is for.

# 55 TripleJay_X @ 06/13/16 03:51 PM
this mode could be cool with some depth....and if you can be in the fifa selection of the year or win the ballon d'or in the final stages of your career. maybe some rivality with an other player in your team...hmm lots of possibilitys.

agree, the character should be changeable.

# 56 kasa @ 06/14/16 03:06 PM
Really awkward they didn't listen to all complaints about nba 2k16 with story mode, it seems this will have exact same flaws

# 57 KingTocco @ 06/14/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa
Really awkward they didn't listen to all complaints about nba 2k16 with story mode, it seems this will have exact same flaws

You don't know that at all, from what I saw it didn't seem anywhere near as scripted as 2K.

Even though there were complaints with 2K16's cheesy scripted story, a lot of people liked it.

It's the first year they are doing this, I'm sure it will improve over time as well.

# 58 Zac @ 06/14/16 06:41 PM
The more I've thought about this the more I've come around to it. It will be nice to have something new in a soccer/football game. And its probably just a one season story thing anyways. So it wont take long. Its just a nice little distraction from the normal game play.

Plus they seem to be putting movie level production into this. Like they tried to do with that Fight Night story mode thing they did a few years back. Which was actually pretty good. So I'll hold judgment until I play it.

# 59 TripleJay_X @ 06/15/16 01:57 PM
i liked the story about figh night's andre bishop sitting in jail etc. but i really didn't like that scripted stuff at all, especially the last fight against frost, was pure frustration and didn't make fun at all.

that said, i wished they had a real soccer player instead of that alex hunter, a young rooney starting his career f.e.

# 60 Martini_Boy18 @ 06/19/16 05:57 PM
I have a few questions about the scripted nature of this mode (possibly none that anyone in this forum could answer).

1. Is this a rigid script where certain events happen at certain times, or would there be different paths (similar to the choices in the last two GTA games)?

2. If it is rigid, does my play even matter in the mode? If I dominate the league getting a hat trick each game will there still be a chance I get sat because the script says I was "in poor form" or something like that? Conversely, if I play terribly will I still get praise even if I am the reason my team is in last place in January and have only scored one goal all year?

3. From what I have seen this appears to be a Premier League only mode. So will Alex Hunter have the possibility to be loaned to a club in the Championship, where another young hotshot from Spain or somewhere comes in and takes your spot (the James Wilson experience)? Will you have the ability to play in the Champions League matches, FA Cup matches, League Cup matches, or only in the Premier League. Will Alex have the ability to be transferred to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc? Also if it is a Premier League only mode, if my club is relegated, what happens then?

4. Will Alex be able to play for England (since it says he is from London)?

5. I'm assuming Alex Hunter is a striker. Can I change his position to say CAM or a winger if there are too many players ahead of him on the depth chart?

6. Will the story mode take place over his entire career (for a set number of years), or will it only last for 4/5 years then becoming a regular "My Pro" career?

Hopefully someone has some answers for my questions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.