Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

SimFBallCritic has posted his interview with Madden NFL 17 Creative Director, Rex Dickson. Plenty of good information here. Below are some of the items they discuss.
  • What can the sim community do to prevent the same play being run over and over
  • Why no defensive assignments (best on best)?
  • Strip sacks and ball physics discussion
  • Frostbite engine discussion
  • Things that didn't quite make it into Madden NFL 17, that could arrive in the future

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 huskerfan4life @ 06/14/16 10:16 AM
I loved the interview and Rex is awesome for Madden and I can just see it getting better & better every yr

# 22 Datninja619 @ 06/14/16 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I was so sure this would be in on Madden 17 from the way the community was pushing for this on the wishlist. I was very suprised they didn't add it. Almost everybody was asking for this. Hopefully next year.. Still like everything they have added so for though..
Check out the video latest video by simfball and Lead Designer John White. he acknowledged that they are aware that formation subs is a top 3 or so request by the community. Who knows....It "could" be patched in or added a later date. They did add Salary Cap mode for ultimate team, and player XP sliders.

High Hopes, but at least it's possible.

# 23 Jarodd21 @ 06/14/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Check out the video latest video by simfball and Lead Designer John White. he acknowledged that they are aware that formation subs is a top 3 or so request by the community. Who knows....It "could" be patched in or added a later date. They did add Salary Cap mode for ultimate team, and player XP sliders.

That would be great if it gets patched in.. We'll see..

# 24 Cowboy008 @ 06/14/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619

I wouldn't count on it. The earliest we could see that added is in Madden 18.

# 25 roadman @ 06/14/16 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I wouldn't count on it. The earliest we could see that added is in Madden 18.
I wouldm't put my money on that, either, though.

Clint left the door open a crack and said the formation subs won't be in a launch.

# 26 Cowboy008 @ 06/14/16 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wouldm't put my money on that, either, though.

Clint left the door open a crack and said the formation subs won't be in a launch.
But didn't he say something like that last year in regards to something else?

# 27 NateDogPack12 @ 06/14/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Why is something that he may have said last year about something relevant to this something?

# 28 roadman @ 06/14/16 09:51 PM
Quote:
Your memory might be better than mine, I'm not sure what you are referencing.

I would think he would have said something along the lines of, "It's a timing issue, like he did with OL injuries.

# 29 Trick13 @ 06/14/16 10:24 PM
I really wish everyone would get on board with, spread the word about, and vote, tweet, scream for Custom Sub Packages.

Yes, I too would rather have form subs than nothing, but I think CSPs are a much better way to accomplish the same thing, and has functionality that form subs do not include...

# 30 NateDogPack12 @ 06/15/16 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I really wish everyone would get on board with, spread the word about, and vote, tweet, scream for Custom Sub Packages.

Yes, I too would rather have form subs than nothing, but I think CSPs are a much better way to accomplish the same thing, and has functionality that form subs do not include...
Trick, I think at this point splitting hairs there is semantics. They'll give us an interface that allows all the functionality you want. You may need to do an extra step in there or something, but that's nothing compared to not having the interface at all. Custom sub packages came along after formation subs, so it's very likely we'll see them within the next few cycles as well.

# 31 Trick13 @ 06/15/16 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Trick, I think at this point splitting hairs there is semantics. They'll give us an interface that allows all the functionality you want. You may need to do an extra step in there or something, but that's nothing compared to not having the interface at all. Custom sub packages came along after formation subs, so it's very likely we'll see them within the next few cycles as well.
I have to vehemently disagree with you. With custom packages back in M06 on ps2 you could create global packages allowing you to do intricate substitutions and even, wait for it, second team packages where you could bring in your entire backup defense or offense!!!

It isn't semantics at all, not even remotely. The ability to create the intricate substitutions packages like ( 2nd TE slot, HB3, WR flip, 2nd RT to TE1 ) and then have another package be ( Str Slot, HB2, TE3, WR2/WR3 swap ) within the very same formation is far and away and completely different than sub Joe Smoe
permanently into one specific formation.

Form subs is graduating from preschool and custom sub packages is a PHD from MIT or Harvard!!!

# 32 msdm27 @ 06/15/16 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I have to vehemently disagree with you. With custom packages back in M06 on ps2 you could create global packages allowing you to do intricate substitutions and even, wait for it, second team packages where you could bring in your entire backup defense or offense!!!

It isn't semantics at all, not even remotely. The ability to create the intricate substitutions packages like ( 2nd TE slot, HB3, WR flip, 2nd RT to TE1 ) and then have another package be ( Str Slot, HB2, TE3, WR2/WR3 swap ) within the very same formation is far and away and completely different than sub Joe Smoe
permanently into one specific formation.

Form subs is graduating from preschool and custom sub packages is a PHD from MIT or Harvard!!!
I think you're making Nate's point in a way. The focus right now is to try to get something in M17, and the reasonable thing (with regards to time and resources) to ask then is FormSubs. What you are describing, while it may have been in earlier versions of the game, would require the amount of resources that might delay it into M18 at the earliest.

So this basically becomes a give&take situation... We're basically choosing to focus on what might actually be realistic for M17 (Which doesn't eliminate the possibility of having something better for M18)

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.