Home
NHL 17 News Post

The first patch for NHL 17 is scheduled to arrive very soon. For those of you playing on EA Access, you could see it as early as tomorrow morning. For everyone else, you will get the patch on release day.

UPDATE (9-9): The NHL 17 patch is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at 3.6 GB.

Check out the patch notes here, it's HUGE.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Millennium @ 09/08/16 02:43 PM
So. Many. Fixes.

Most of this was directly thanks to the beta. So anyone that participated and gave feedback - you're awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 2 Qb @ 09/08/16 02:50 PM
Quote:
Allow for a human controlled goalies to play as the extra attacker in EASHL games.
That's a cool one. Unless Millennium is your goalie... No hands.

# 3 Millennium @ 09/08/16 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That's a cool one. Unless Millennium is your goalie... No hands.
We might be better off with the empty net and playing all 6 of us attacking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 4 BenVenom @ 09/08/16 02:58 PM
Wow that list is extensive. Now I have to exercise self control and save some ea access time so I can check out the game post patch

# 5 Qb @ 09/08/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Added “Online Pass Assist Percentage” slider to the controls screen. Defaults to 100% which is the online default, from there the user can move the slider down to have less Pass Assist.
I like this one, too. It's troubling the online default is 100% assisted, but at least I can loosen my passing up slightly to go off the boards or ensure I never complete a pass to my wingers. Plus, we can play a friend with a gentlemen's agreement to use less assisted passing. Or even manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
We might be better off with the empty net and playing all 6 of us attacking.
You are certainly the less talented Roy brother.

# 6 waite @ 09/08/16 03:14 PM
Added 7 new Relocation options:
o Atlanta, GA
o Birmingham, AL
o Markham, ON
o Regina, SK
o San Francisco, CA
o Miami, FL
o Sacramento, CA

# 7 Nickflyers @ 09/08/16 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waite
Added 7 new Relocation options:
o Atlanta, GA
o Birmingham, AL
o Markham, ON
o Regina, SK
o San Francisco, CA
o Miami, FL
o Sacramento, CA

Thats cool!!

# 8 Splitter77 @ 09/08/16 04:27 PM
• Better defensive coverage on the strong side winger on the breakout.
• Improved AI defense when they are on the PP with the man advantage. Use the extra man to minimize the PK team’s effort with the puck.

I like these

# 9 Caniac94 @ 09/08/16 05:02 PM
Not that this is high on my priority list but I am assuming that the Canes still have the wrong number and name font on the home and away jerseys? It's a small visual element that just irks me. I was okay with it for the first year or two but I thought that by now that would've been addressed. I also believe the Sabres have the wrong font as well.

# 10 grgmths1433 @ 09/08/16 05:58 PM
When can we expect this patch since it's a free trail. Thank you

# 11 csamuelsvt @ 09/08/16 08:53 PM
Yeah can anyone let us know when the patch is live? Is it already live? Have it for Xbox and can't tell.

# 12 SocialAssassin @ 09/08/16 10:11 PM
Sounds like: Our goalies sucked, so we've changed almost everything.

# 13 KTBFFH @ 09/08/16 10:37 PM
Glad they updated goalie mask art for some teams. Are there any images?

# 14 brandon27 @ 09/09/16 07:35 AM
Wow, huge list of fixes/additions. Wish it was included with the original trial download though, but oh well. Was hoping to get a game in before heading to work, but I guess I'm waiting now.

Cool that they added new relocation options too

# 15 jake19ny @ 09/09/16 08:04 AM
Wow some list. I have to say I know some out there will never like the series and always bash EA, but I'm impressed at the effort EA has put in the past 2 years trying to improve the series and listening to the hardcore fans of the sport. The game changer events and betas have been big reasons for this. I'm really looking forward to the games release.

# 16 BenVenom @ 09/09/16 08:28 AM
Just started game and the update has started. 3.62gb

# 17 ajs41072 @ 09/09/16 09:08 AM
Since the patch just came out this morning, now I think they need to reset all our clocks back to 10 hours of early access trial time.

# 18 BenVenom @ 09/09/16 09:13 AM
Great idea. Never gunna happen but great idea.

# 19 Money99 @ 09/09/16 09:21 AM
Can anyone comment on the new, louder, crowd reactions?
Someone mentioned that they weren't loud enough. Has the latest patch improved on that?

# 20 BenVenom @ 09/09/16 09:52 AM
They seemed louder but it was the first time I played the game with ear buds plugged into the controller. I will play with sound from my tv again soon and check it out.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.