Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 tuning update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Below is the list of improvements and updates to gameplay.
  • Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
  • Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
  • Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
  • Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
  • A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
  • Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
  • Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
  • Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
  • Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
  • Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block
Let us know what you're seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 DeuceDouglas @ 09/23/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Am I the only one who thinks these changes are bad?
Making kicking easier is definitely bad. Only thing I can think of is that they're going solely off PvP data where I'm sure lag plays a huge role in FG's and XP's being missed.

The block shedding one is interesting and I'm not sure how it will work out because from my experience there are tons of times where the CPU just throws my OL to the ground from the second the ball is snapped and contact is made so reducing it seems good there. The issue then becomes the user side where like others have mentioned pass rush is pretty non-existant. I get plenty of sacks but they're almost all due to horrible QB AI rather than legititmate pressure. I think Madden desperately needs to bring back the Block Shedding slider that disappeared some years ago.

I'm actually a fan of reducing the throw out of sack fumbles. It's a mechanic I can't stand for the CPU or the User and it happens way too often IMO. Same goes for the RB's cutblocking. Not a huge issue but something that seemed to be definitely a bit too common.

# 42 rudyjuly2 @ 09/23/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Next the NFL will be announcing that they're going to create a "pause" rule for pass rushers because QB's "don't like it" that they have to get rid of the ball so quickly. Hopefully it's obvious that I'm being facetious, but it would probably shock the majority of people playing Madden to realize that an average Snap-to-Throw time is 2.5 seconds for pro QB's. I'm guessing that most M17 players don't make their reads very quickly and want to sit in the pocket or scramble around.
But as someone who isn't an NFL QB 2.5 seconds is way too short for me. Especially since Madden doesn't have timing throws before breaks done well, WRs constantly running out of bounds on catches near the sideline and cpu defenders cutting on dimes and switching receivers to make plays as soon as you hit the pass button.

I'd just like to see the pocket pushed more. I can live with the cpu QB getting a lot of time to throw sometimes but it sucks when nobody is within 5-6' of him after five seconds.

# 43 underdog13 @ 09/23/16 01:47 PM
Just had a guy get a pectoral injury and he has a chance to return this game. I don't remember getting small injuries before. Idk if its related to the tuner tho. Probably not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 44 Doctor_Doom @ 09/23/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Just had a guy get a pectoral injury and he has a chance to return this game. I don't remember getting small injuries before. Idk if its related to the tuner tho. Probably not.

I've never seen that before but I did lose my qb for the remainder of the game once.

# 45 charter04 @ 09/23/16 01:53 PM
Always lots of overreacting in these threads. Has anyone played the game with these yet?

Running against users and CPU is too easy. Mostly outside zone runs. If this helps make that more realistic then great.

All the other issues depends on how much tuning was done.

So as soon as someone has actually played a game or two(not the usual one or two plays) I would love to here how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 46 gman2774 @ 09/23/16 01:54 PM
I was hoping the "big" patch was close to being released. Still hoping the release of a tuner doesn't mean a longer wait for the savior patch.

# 47 crice256 @ 09/23/16 01:59 PM
I just played with update and here are some of the things I saw.

Outside Runs- still pretty powerful running against the cpu. Was able to still break tackles and go for long run with Lacy. Didn't test with lower rated backs which may be where the issue was.

Stopping Stretch- Was able to stop the CPU using the 4-4 Defense. Pinch Dline and spread backers, resulted in a loss every play for CPU.

Pass Rush- Went against a 3 man rush and had 5 to 6 seconds to pass the ball in 2-man under QTRs. Before Clay Matthews would get in pretty quick. Now you have all day to throw. 4-man pass rush got better heat, but still had 3 to 4 seconds to throw.

Sack Fumbles- had 10 plays where I would wait till I was about to be sacked to try and throw the ball. Had 1 fumble 6 incompletions and 3 sacks with what seemed to be the throwing motion happening but QB held onto ball.

Didn't test kicking as I was in practice mode in my online CFM.

# 48 underdog13 @ 09/23/16 02:01 PM
Hey unrelated to the tuner but is there a glitch to where rookie qbs have long blonde hair despite their profile pic. Both me and Den have rookie qbs with long blonde hair

# 49 CM Hooe @ 09/23/16 02:03 PM
The "EA monopoly" and "lazy devs" comments have no place in this thread and will cease now. They are off-topic to the discussion of the tuner.

Thanks for your cooperation.

# 50 azdawgpound @ 09/23/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Thank the Lord!

This was driving me NUTS.

It's not fixed playing game now qb hit while trying to throw 2 fumbled scratch that so called fix.

# 51 crice256 @ 09/23/16 02:08 PM
In reality I think the tuner was a big help, playing in a 32 user CFM, people were getting a large number of fumbles and everyone had resorted to running short passing concepts. Now with the additional time to throw, it will open up the play calling to where people aren't all running the same stuff. Personally I got bored playing people that ran nothing but drags, flats and slants.

# 52 underdog13 @ 09/23/16 02:08 PM
Pass Rush is still there. It's not dead imo. Just finshed 1 half and was able to get the same amount of pressure I usually do. Now granted thats on allmadden with cpu pass block at 2 but it hasn't gotten worse imo.

# 53 RogueHominid @ 09/23/16 02:09 PM
Is this the first big patch proper, or something smaller, with the first big patch still on the way?

# 54 Millennium @ 09/23/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The "EA monopoly" and "lazy devs" comments have no place in this thread and will cease now. They are off-topic to the discussion of the tuner.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Not only that, but bans are being handed out.

Everyone here has had fair warning.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 55 JayD @ 09/23/16 02:10 PM
hmmm. I already found kicking way too easy.

# 56 crice256 @ 09/23/16 02:11 PM
All of my testing is done on All Madden with sliders all at 50 like it comes with the game. Since it is a tuner, not sure it will effect the CFM that aren't cloud based.

# 57 JayD @ 09/23/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Is this the first big patch proper, or something smaller, with the first big patch still on the way?
No, this is just a tuner update. The big patch will more than likely be released soon.

# 58 underdog13 @ 09/23/16 02:12 PM
Had my newly drafted DB knock the ball out of D Thomas hands when I hit the R1 trigger. While not a large sample size, I might have over reacted.

Anyways I'm gonna stop posting and play. My advice would be to play it for yourselves and form your own opinion, as my and others views might not be the same as yours.

# 59 Millennium @ 09/23/16 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is a gameplay tuner. Patch is still in the works.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 60 bcruise @ 09/23/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice256
All of my testing is done on All Madden with sliders all at 50 like it comes with the game. Since it is a tuner, not sure it will effect the CFM that aren't cloud based.
You don't have to restart.

https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/s...40813985873922

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.