Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #2 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it includes fixes to gameplay, franchise, and Ultimate Team modes. Check out the details below.

Gameplay
  • Tuned Wide Receivers dropping wide open passes to be less frequent
  • Auto-Moves now set to OFF for all MUT Solo Challenges
  • Player-Lock camera fixes
  • Tuned Auto-Broken Tackles to be less frequent
  • Variety of defensive run-game tuning fixes
  • Strip-Ball exploit fixed
  • Fixed issue around clock running out on a defensive penalty
  • Fixed issue with QB’s unable to tackle after throwing an Interception
  • Fixed a variety of rare Special Teams issues
  • Defensive tuning vs. stretch/outside zone runs
  • Addressed a variety of fatigue-related issues
  • Nano-detection System improvements
  • Nano-detection System disabled for user vs. CPU games
  • Fixed 'Ice the Kicker' not functioning in certain situations
  • Addressed users holding kick button to take a delay penalty and re-kicking
  • Fixed issue with user not being able to switch players in co-op play
  • Tuned to WR/DB positioning on streak routes
  • Tuning & Adaptive AI to Linebacker fake-out chances vs. counter plays to make defensive reaction better
  • Kick-Meter Accuracy Range increased on All-Pro & All-Madden
  • Decreased 'nearby player' penalty for defender interceptions, making Interceptions more frequent
Franchise
  • Added ability to save/resume solo Cloud Franchise games
  • Head to head Cloud games will now default to the standard camera
  • Fixed issue where players on IR were counting against active roster
  • Fixed issue where user to user trades could be auto accepted when week advances
  • Many stats and ratings menus are now in widescreen format
  • Fixed issue where some heads appeared incorrect while editing
  • Addressed stability issues in Play the Moment, Training, Formation Subs, and Schemes
  • Fixed issue where some players with preexisting injuries would never return to health
  • Addressed issue where stats are not showing properly when viewed on team goals menu
  • Tuned game regression that can occur for quarterbacks
  • Fixed issue where defensive rookie of the year can show up as offensive player of the year
  • Removed ability for kneeling QBs to be hurt while simminng
  • Adjusted fatigue during Play the Moments
  • Punter stats are now visible in the menus
  • Draft Classes will now have varying penalty traits
  • Highlights menu is now available when ending the game on a simmed play
  • Going for it on 4th downs in Play the Moments have been tuned
  • Strategy suggestions in play call will now track multiple concepts
Ultimate Team
  • Added the ability to add multiple items to a set at once (“Batch-Add-to-Set”)
  • Improved MUT substitution screen UI
  • Chemistry art modifications (larger images!!)
  • Addressed the issue where filters in the Auction House would disappear
  • Addressed the issue where the “Unopened Packs” tile would show 0 even if you had packs unopened
  • Surfaced the “restart” button when failing a Solo Challenge
  • Game speed is set to default for all difficulties including Rookie and Pro (no longer “Slow”)
  • Auto Subs in MUT Solo Challenges are now working correctly

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 681 ajra21 @ 10/23/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
This is a big problem for me unless I get lucky on a pitch or toss then there is no way I'm gaining any yards at all.
it's certainly less automatic. before the patch, it was a given TD once i was inside the five two at least two downs to score. now, not so much. you can't run the same play again & again anymore & expect success.

on the flip side, defending the CPU run inside the five is now harder. before, i wanted the CPU inside the five yard line cos i could shut them down with ease - now, they're much more likely to score a TD.

# 682 ajra21 @ 10/23/16 12:06 PM
i only play online CFM. really liked the game before the patch and don't find much difference with it post-patch. on all-madden with a combo set of slider from jarrod21

as i've said before, for me, the lower ranked draft classes are a big improvement. i'd still like to see more pass rush equalling sacks. i still struggle with it. in a sixteen game regular season, i advance the week to "sim" about 8 times; i do play the moments for certain games and play somewhere between 4 and 6 games. during those six games, i might play D for a couple of quarters. if i didn't do that, my stud pass rushers would end the season with 5 sacks when other guys around the league have 20 plus.

i fully play the post-season games nudging the sliders to make the games more difficult.

this is the best madden i've played in over fifteen years. it's not perfect. it's never gonna be perfect. there are a handful of tweaks i'd like to see them make but in general, the developers have done a really good job on the CFM.

# 683 CleveCluby @ 10/23/16 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
One legacy issue with Madden has been when you Super Sim the field position is swapped. I would suggest testing it WITHOUT Super Simming.
OK, Not quite understanding this.. So I am playing Play of the moment, The CPU has the ball and they are going to punt into a 10 mph wind. So if I stop play, and just super sim the CPU's punt, Are you saying they will be kicking with the wind instead of against it. Then when I go back to Play of the moment, I will have the ball going with the wind as it was. ??? Or am I completely misunderstanding this..

# 684 booker21 @ 10/24/16 11:02 AM
Seattle and Arizona didn`t get the latest patch. Their FG accuracy bar is still to thin

# 685 Rocket32 @ 10/24/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Seattle and Arizona didn`t get the latest patch. Their FG accuracy bar is still to thin
We can only hope that missing kicks like that is evantually possible in Madden without intentionally trying too. In Madden that would never have happened, all those kicks would have been easy makes. I felt like the game took a step forward towards that this year, but after the patches and tuners and everything it took a step back in my opinion.

# 686 booker21 @ 10/24/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
We can only hope that missing kicks like that is evantually possible in Madden without intentionally trying too. In Madden that would never have happened, all those kicks would have been easy makes. I felt like the game took a step forward towards that this year, but after the patches and tuners and everything it took a step back in my opinion.

You are not alone. This is the first year I have to avoid patches and play strictly offline. Literally having to disconnect from the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 687 icicle22 @ 10/25/16 10:08 AM
Got burned by the punt glitch for the first time in the playoffs last night along with CPU automatic fields goals.

I play in a browns offline All Pro franchise but lost in the wildcard to Texans. Wildcard game was weird and featured CPU Robo QB going 19/20 in what amounted to a shoot out 38-31 loss. I almost came back!

So as I am out of the playoffs and not real happy with the gameplay post patch, I decide I will take over the Patriots and play the next round which happens to be against the Texans. This is a good chance to test the sliders with me playing as a "good" team rather than as the Browns and also allows me to get revenge!

So....as expected things were easier with the Patriots. I went up 14-0 pretty quick and my pass defense held the Texans in check in the first half. Osweiler was like 8 of 15. More realistic. However, in the 2nd half things shifted and they started to complete everything. Ultimately I was leading 21-14 with 3 minutes to go and could not keep the ball. I had to punt from my own 40 yard line with 2 minutes left. Uh oh. Wind is in my face. I nail the punt and it goes straight up.....and comes down on their 40 yard line. A 20 yard punt.

They proceed to go down and score with 40 seconds left to tie it 21-21. I start out at the 30 and hit Gronk for 30 yards and then Amedola and I am down to their 30 with 11 seconds and no timeouts. I try a 47 yard field goal and nail it but it comes up short.

Overtime.

I win the toss and choose to receive. I figure I'm gonna drive and win this. I advance to about my own 40 and get hit with back to back holds. 2nd and 30. I eventually get back to the 40 but it is 4th and 10. I have to punt. Into the wind. Ugh.

I nail it but only get 20 yards again. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Now they come out and start dinking and dunking and move to my 32 when I finally hold them. On comes their field goal team and bam....they nail a 49 yard with a ton to spare. A no doubter. Automatic.

I lost. Ugh.

Now I am seriously considering trying season 2 as the Browns with no patch.

Question: I know I lose all the patch related updates but do I also lose commentary updates as well? I am not certain but I think most of the Browns rookies were added and called by name in one of these updates....can't imagine the original audio had some of these guys in there. Could be wrong though.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the long post.

# 688 booker21 @ 10/25/16 11:58 AM
If you are on disc. You will lose all. Just play the game out of the box. If you are on digital you can avoid the patch.

# 689 RogueHominid @ 10/25/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
If you are on disc. You will lose all. Just play the game out of the box. If you are on digital you can avoid the patch.

How do you avoid the patch on digital? I set my PS4 system settings to not auto update applications and I still got the MUT patch rammed down my throat. I don't want any more patches from them, period, but I think the PS4 digital games will auto-update no matter what if you ever use the console's internet features, which I do.

Am I wrong about the technicalities here?

# 690 booker21 @ 10/25/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
How do you avoid the patch on digital? I set my PS4 system settings to not auto update applications and I still got the MUT patch rammed down my throat. I don't want any more patches from them, period, but I think the PS4 digital games will auto-update no matter what if you ever use the console's internet features, which I do.

Am I wrong about the technicalities here?

Sorry Trojan. It was a typo. I meant can't.

# 691 charter04 @ 10/25/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32

It's strange though. I personally am really good at kicking. I did slip up and miss a extra point the other day. Lol

But, in my franchise and in general online play I'm still seeing people I'm playing miss a lot. So I don't know. Maybe some of us are just really good? It's weird

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.