Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The MLB The Show 17 team revealed their Twitch Livestream schedule this year which also revealed a lot of new features coming to this year's game.

The live streams will start on Twitch on February 7th and will run weekly through March 23rd. In total, 11 live streams are scheduled with one yet to be finalized with regards to date.

In the descriptors for each live stream are some new details of features coming to MLB The Show 17.
  • Gameplay: New Ball Physics, Humanity AI, Cat and Mouse Gameplay, All New Catch and Throw Engine (+More!)
  • Diamond Dynasty Gets Dynamic: Events, Seasons, Programs, Missions 2.0, New Legends & Flashbacks. More!
  • The Little Things: New Uniform Sets, Universal Profile Overhaul, New Brands. More!
  • Presentation and Commentary: Showtrack, New Commentary?
  • Franchise Mode: Launch Pad, Player Quirks, Franchise Front Office.
  • Road to the Show and Create-A-Player: Player Model Revamps, Pave Your Path, Create-A-Player Revamp, PYP.
  • Graphics: Lighting, Grass Tech, New Head Rig, Classic Stadiums.

MLB The Show 17 Releases on March 28.

What do you think the new features are revealing?

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 smiley3 @ 01/25/17 11:54 PM
Has to be Harold Reynolds. The Easter egg for safeco field in 16 was Harold reynolds joining the booth and talking. So I say that was a tease for 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 142 RawlingsHOH @ 01/26/17 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Create-A-Player revamp?

I hope there's a TON of personalization available.
Do NOT get your hopes up too high. This series is notorious for embellishing in there feature lists. Revamp could be as little as new hairstyles facial reactions and the new brands.
Hopefully not but be cautious to avoid being letdown

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app

# 143 Cowboy008 @ 01/26/17 12:43 AM
Can't wait for the dev streams and blogs that will be coming soon. There's quite a few things I'm excited for but if I had to pick just one it would be the Franchise news on the 7th and 9th of March.

# 144 ShowTyme15 @ 01/26/17 12:46 AM
Also looking forward to player model improvements as well.

# 145 kubankaos @ 01/26/17 02:01 AM
Only thing I'm excited for is Feb 9th about the physics / gameplay. Hopefully they show tons of examples and hit up batting practice.

If that happens to be changed enough, I "might" purchase this year instead of doing a yearly rental playing for couple of weeks.

# 146 WaitTilNextYear @ 01/26/17 02:10 AM
Obligatory...

via GIPHY

Just a 5 second glance at the list, but that grass, commentary, and franchise mode all got notable love = win.

# 147 LastActionHero @ 01/26/17 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawlingsHOH
Do NOT get your hopes up too high. This series is notorious for embellishing in there feature lists. Revamp could be as little as new hairstyles facial reactions and the new brands.
Hopefully not but be cautious to avoid being letdown

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app

This got me thinking about the game Skate 2 where you could trigger certain reactions after a trick like horn hands, fist pump etc.
Would be cool if you could do this in RTTS to react after a strike out or key hit for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 148 LastActionHero @ 01/26/17 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Everyone uses IK not just the pitchers, it was just easiest to show off the changes using pitchers.

Could IK also be implemented for tags? I hope we can finally say goodbye to tags through players in 17!

# 149 TattooedEvil @ 01/26/17 03:26 AM
oh goodness please let franchise front office been what i think it means!

# 150 mrCPUgeek @ 01/26/17 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
oh goodness please let franchise front office been what i think it means!

And that is?

# 151 zfarrow @ 01/26/17 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Also looking forward to player model improvements as well.

I've been laughing silently since this list dropped wondering where all the people who have complained about that year after year after year went (not saying you were one of them). Just can't believe how long it took for someone to point this out, haha...

# 152 DanH35 @ 01/26/17 07:39 AM
I hope the new uniform sets include pullover jersey types. I like using the Cardinals 80's jerseys, but the buttons going down them don't look right. Not a huge issue by any means, but it'd be cool if it was fixed.

# 153 Bobhead @ 01/26/17 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
It's not the hearing of the same lines over and over again that bothers me about Vasgersian....it's the hearing of the same lines over and over again for almost a decade that bothers me.

Big difference between the two and I think a reasonable issue to bring up.
I think the main issue is that the lines were never good to begin with.

I play NBA 2K and I might hear lines over again but they don't annoy me on the same level The Show does because the lines actually make sense, are relevant, and are things real commentators would say.

A good 70-80% of the lines used by commentators in The Show would never actually be said in real life by any baseball booth during any MLB baseball game. Many of the lines are nonsense generalizations, and sound like something a person would cluelessly say when watching baseball for like the first time.

# 154 Bobhead @ 01/26/17 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
http://baseball.coachesdirectory.com...r-article.html

Search cat & mouse in this article.
Good research on your part, and it seems like exactly the kind of thing SCEA would implement.

# 155 Bobhead @ 01/26/17 08:10 AM
I'm glad the gameplay stream is first, because that's the one I am most excited about. I look forward to seeing all the improvements and changes to physics, to throwing, and to the overall game.

Hopefully, gameplay got the TLC it needs. It's really the only area of The Show I find myself personally disappointed with, which I guess is both a criticism and a complement. If gameplay were overhauled successfully, I'd probably buy the game every year for the rest of my life, even if nothing else significant were ever changed again.

# 156 countryboy @ 01/26/17 08:46 AM
I'm also interested to see what changes have been made in regards to lighting. I've always liked the lighting in the game so I'm curious to see how much better it will be this year vs previous years.

# 157 adh5199 @ 01/26/17 08:53 AM
Ramone, can you tell us how old the build is, that you'll be using for the first live stream? Can we expect to see at least some of the new graphical effects, even if they aren't finalized until the graphics livestream?

# 158 ShowTyme15 @ 01/26/17 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
I've been laughing silently since this list dropped wondering where all the people who have complained about that year after year after year went (not saying you were one of them). Just can't believe how long it took for someone to point this out, haha...

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I posted this last night. Don't worry man those that complain will pop up soon. Just wait.

# 159 krmarks @ 01/26/17 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Good research on your part, and it seems like exactly the kind of thing SCEA would implement.

Could be that too, so many possibilities...I do think that would be much harder to implement since it would require that each catcher and pitcher not only have a chemistry aspect, but would have to have ratings implemented that would give catchers the ability to notice or not notice how a hitter reacts to a given pitch in a given situation.

I would love if that were the case though as I pitched in college and that is one part of the game that is almost never done right. It would also allow for us to choose a catcher that was more defense oriented and have to deal with his lack of offense.

# 160 bxphenom7 @ 01/26/17 10:35 AM
I never noticed but is there wind in the game? The jerseys never move.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.