Home
Fire Pro Wrestling World News Post

A new iteration of the popular Fire Pro Wrestling series is set to debut later this year! Developer Spike Chunsoft released a video teaser video on Twitter, confirming the studio’s plans to release Fire Pro Wrestling World.

Although an official release date has not been set, it appears fans of the popular wrestling franchise can expect the game to drop early this summer. Fortunately for PC gamers, they will be able to play the game early through Steam Early Access. The early access will include online gameplay.

"After a 10-year hiatus, director Tomoyuki Matsumoto’s Fire Pro Wresting World brings the hit franchise to Windows PC and PlayStation 4, with Steam Early Access confirmed for this Summer. Building upon the core gameplay, the game will offer improved graphics, updated features and online matchmaking connecting players from around the world."

Customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, in your fight for the championship belt.

PLAY ONLINE
Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.

MIX UP THE RULES
Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.

UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION
Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee!

REALISTIC SIMULATION
Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.

How hyped are you for a new installment of Fire Pro Wrestling? Let us know in the comments.

Game: Fire Pro Wrestling WorldHype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4Votes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Brandwin @ 07/03/17 12:03 PM
I wonder what kind of PC you will need to run this?

# 82 ubernoob @ 07/03/17 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I wonder what kind of PC you will need to run this?
Not much at all.

# 83 Brandwin @ 07/09/17 08:05 PM
Early Access tomorrow, right? Is that when we can order it?

Going to order it in hopes my PC runs it.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

# 84 adembroski @ 07/09/17 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Early access is 7/10 on Steam for $19.99
Done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

# 85 cedwebb @ 05/06/18 02:49 PM
Any news on the PS4 release date? Thought we may have heard about this by this point

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 86 Sinner @ 05/08/18 04:17 PM
So how is this? Think I may get it for PC

# 87 NINJAK2 @ 05/08/18 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
So how is this? Think I may get it for PC
I think it's great! The Steam Workshop has a ton of talented people and they have created basically any NWO/WWF/WWE/etc. wrestler you can think of to import into your game

# 88 areobee401 @ 05/21/18 11:52 AM
Fire Pro Wrestling World will be releasing in Japan on August 9, containing 39 official New Japan wrestlers and a story mode. The tentative North American release date is August 28.

NJPW Official Roster:

Spoiler

Future Announced DLC:

Fire Promoter mode
Junior heavyweight story mode

# 89 TheShizNo1 @ 05/21/18 11:53 AM
August?! What the ****?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 90 jvalverde88 @ 05/21/18 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Fire Pro Wrestling World will be releasing in Japan on August 9, containing 39 official New Japan wrestlers and a story mode. The tentative North American release date is August 28.

NJPW Official Roster:

Spoiler

Future Announced DLC:

Fire Promoter mode
Junior heavyweight story mode
The fact that they have a couple Young Lions in the game is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
August?! What the ****?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
August is G1 Climax time, hence the August release.

# 91 cedwebb @ 07/21/18 10:20 PM
The game is now available for pre order on PS store....getting very excited about this game. 84 bones or so and you get the deluxe version with promoter mode. Yep, I’m in!

# 92 BaseballCtchr @ 07/24/18 08:48 AM
Will mods be available for the PS4 version? Create attitude era like the PC

# 93 cedwebb @ 07/24/18 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCtchr
Will mods be available for the PS4 version? Create attitude era like the PC

I have read we will be able to download all types of content created by other users. Similar to WWE 2k18

# 94 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/29/18 01:17 PM
I've got friends who are still into wrestling (no comment, haha) that speak highly about this game. I was going to grab it on PC because it's cheaper, but with the console release coming soon I'll just buy it on PS4 to have people to play with. It looks very customizable and the gameplay seems interesting. The WWE games are trash, so maybe this one will hold my interest more.

# 95 Sausage @ 07/29/18 10:33 PM
Is there a good variety of wrestlers with the default (fictional) wrestlers?

How are the wrestlers divided up in the game; fictional federations?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.