Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

While the MLB The Show 17 team continue improving server performance, today they have announced compensation for the server issues, that have been ongoing since launch.

Quote:
As a token of apology, as well as a thank you to our dedicated community for helping us identify these issues and for your patience as we’ve worked to address them, we are extending a make good to anyone who meets the criteria outlined below.

Every PSN ID which played The Show 17 between 3/28 at 12:01 am PT and May 11 at 1:00pm PT, will receive 10 Standard Packs and 11,000 Stubs automatically added to their account. Please note that the make good will be deployed into all effected users account within a week.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 MrArlingtonBeach @ 05/12/17 10:12 AM
This launch has been a bit of a nightmare...for both gamers and the devs alike, it would seem.

I, like most folks on this site, have had moments of frustration with MLB The Show 17. But, I will say, I do appreciate that SDS is offering this compensation for our troubles.

I know it won't bring lost game results back or replace cards that seemed to be earned but went missing, but it's something. And, to me, the apology itself is a sign that they do care about their product and their consumers.

# 62 parky_17 @ 05/12/17 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I am in Canada and yesterday PSN sent me an email message about the packs. Yes Canada is next door to the USA, but we are not always treated the same. There is plenty of content available in the USA that is not available to us Canuckleheads. Did you get an email message from PSN? If you did, then you should be getting the packs the same time everyone else gets them.

PS: these packs are useless to me as I don't play DD or RTTS. It's good for those who can use the packs, but pretty much a non-event for me.
If you play RTTS or franchise you still get equipment and sponsorships in these packs that you can use

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

# 63 My993C2 @ 05/12/17 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone
I have had no such email.
I guess you are just going to have to wait. When others start receiving their packs (mine have not come in yet), then contact PSN and/or SDS if you don't get them. I see no reason why someone in the UK should not be entitled to the compensation packs. You spent just as much $$$ (possibly more) than US customers paid for the game. I know thanks to that weird monopoly currency we use up here in Canuckistan, this game cost me about 20% more than what the US customers paid for the game.

# 64 MrArlingtonBeach @ 05/12/17 10:44 AM
Also, I just logged into my account on TheShowNation.com, and I have my 10,000 stubs and 10 packs. So the compensation is rolling out.

# 65 ph33 @ 05/12/17 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I know it won't bring lost game results back or replace cards that seemed to be earned but went missing, but it's something. And, to me, the apology itself is a sign that they do care about their product and their consumers.
It's nice that we got something, no doubt. Other games wouldn't have given jack. 2k sports I'm looking straight at you.

With that being said, I just want to be cautious thinking "It's a sign they care about their product" I'm not saying they don't care, but the first month+ of this year's game and last year's game was simply unacceptable (and MLB 15 IIRC)

They released a game that was barely beta-quality, and then gave us freebies which probably isn't getting anybody something worth of value for the most of us. I'm just not going to say "Yep, you've earned my trust back! This erases it all!" with this gesture.

I've gotten a refund for a false Battle Royale loss I was given before. And their reply was "As a one-time goodwill gesture we will refund your entry". I should be grateful that I paid money for a game that works? I'm sure I'll get hammered with the "you took the risk you bought the game blah blah" comments but their "You should be grateful to us" attitude is exactly why I'm never pre-ordering again and why I just hope for people to avoid jumping on the "All is well again yippee hooray" ship.

# 66 nomar_fan_5 @ 05/12/17 10:48 AM
Haven't received a thing!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 67 oilersfan99 @ 05/12/17 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomar_fan_5
Haven't received a thing!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
I can see this board getting flooded with this. They said it'll be rolling out this week and it'll be done in instalments so a certain chunk of people will get it and then more and more, just be patient

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

# 68 tessl @ 05/12/17 11:49 AM
Question - I don't use packs or stubs. Is there a way to sell them?

# 69 dalger21 @ 05/12/17 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Question - I don't use packs or stubs. Is there a way to sell them?
No. They are just assigned to your account. I logged in a few mins ago and everything was there.

# 70 taterskin @ 05/12/17 12:26 PM
This thread cracks me up.... sorry... but it does lol. There is a consistent theme with the people that are unhappy with the packs and stubs. People post as if someone had them tied to a tv stand and held a gun to their head and forced them to play the game. You spent 60 bucks...more if you preordered... I get it. Damn... I've spent 100 bucks in a bar with nothing to show for it but a hangover and hurt feelings that she didn't come home with me. I love the game.... and am still enjoying... but if I was as upset as some of the posts I've seen I'd have moved on a long time ago. "Time lost" is your fault. It's really as simple as either play it....or don't. Or, monitor the threads and wait for positive feedback. If you lose 60 bucks...then don't spend the same 60 next time. SDS didn't have to do anything. I've seen that type of reaction far more over years than genuine effort to give back a little. I remember NCAA college football dynasty being completely broken and EA basically said piss off. Talk about time lost...you'd get 2 years into a dynasty, a dynasty that couldn't even advance week to week until everyone had recruited and played their game, and then lose it all. I've seen Madden and 2k do the same crap. COD servers unplayable with lag and all sorts of issues. You can go on any message board that has online play and see similar themed threads as you see here. Hilarious to me that the culture has changed so dramatically. In the past you bought a game and decided if you liked the finished product and was worth the time to master it. Now the mentality is that the finished product needs to be changed and tailored to every individual request. It's awesome that you even get a few patches that try to address those requests. Sorry for the rant.... I generally stay out of these conversations. I'll be heading home in a bit and enjoying my stubs and card packs. Happy swinging.....

# 71 Gosens6 @ 05/12/17 12:28 PM
For those of you still waiting for your email, this is what it will look like.

Be patient, fellas. It's coming.

# 72 thekidisback @ 05/12/17 02:36 PM
I've received the compensation. Will open the packs soon.

# 73 p00p1 @ 05/12/17 02:58 PM
Dang, misread the message. I thought it was a 10 pack, but it is 10 individual packs, so no guaranteed silver. Fingers crossed for some lucky pulls.

# 74 MrArlingtonBeach @ 05/12/17 03:06 PM
The best card I got out of my compensation packs was the Gold Golden Thong sandal ritual card...

# 75 Juve @ 05/12/17 03:10 PM
Best card(s) I got from the 10 packs was a silver 82 Danny Salazar

Oh well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 76 Gosens6 @ 05/12/17 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
The best card I got out of my compensation packs was the Gold Golden Thong sandal ritual card...
Same! I got absolutely nothing of value lol.

# 77 p00p1 @ 05/12/17 03:26 PM
Got a gold bat and 80 Alex Wood. Hopefully I can turn the 11k stubs into something better...

# 78 thekidisback @ 05/12/17 03:33 PM
Typical. There is no way this is enough compensation for a month a half of a mostly unplayable game. Should have been a 10 or 20 pack at the very least with a guaranteed gold player and higher odds for a diamond. Pretty sad that there are people here that think the compensation is justified. This is not a good way to say sorry to your customers IMO.

# 79 BigOscar @ 05/12/17 04:12 PM
Is it ironic or just taking the micky that everyone going on to try and get their compensation packs has caused the servers to overload and slow to a crawl?

# 80 King Gro23 @ 05/12/17 04:39 PM
So has anybody actually confirmed the fact they got 11k stubs and the packs? Idk why everybody is complaining saying it isn't enough

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.