Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #817
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
So I just got to the point where I am adding in combine stats. Problem I'm seeing (maybe it's normal) out of 175 guys scouted there are only 14 guys that should be Drafted and they are all projected round 1 guys and talent round 1. Not a single 2nd rounder and beyond so far is draftable. There are 4 risky guys, that seems low, no?
That is low. i see something similar. i think out of 175 scouted i probably get about 35 to 40 draftable prospects. i would say more blue chips in the higher rounds and red in the lower. But i do get 1E red chips and 6L blue chips occassionally. my starting RB who has superstar trait was a 6L blue chip. i think my right tackle and center were 5 round blue chippers as well.

i only scout system specific people. I run a hybrid D and my OLBs are run stoppers so i dont draft 3-4 pass rushers and cover 2.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #818
Just started!

Tomster_Plays's Arena

Great tool OMN! Are there any things you do to keep franchise interesting? Also, do you like changing prospects to match real life college players? Because I'm worried my draft will have a bad rb class when in reality the rb class this year is great.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #819
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomster_Plays
Great tool OMN! Are there any things you do to keep franchise interesting? Also, do you like changing prospects to match real life college players? Because I'm worried my draft will have a bad rb class when in reality the rb class this year is great.

I have some house rules I use on my 49ers franchise (see some of the presentations I've posted earlier in this thread) that helps to keep things interesting.

I don't edit draft classes personally as it looks like it would take too long. But there's a few threads on here with details of players to edit for real life college draft classes (though most of them are OP compared to a normal in game draft class, so keep that in mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #820
Just started!

Tomster_Plays's Arena

Yeah, I feel like I don't want to edit ratings except for maybe a bit more speed on a player like Deshaun Watson. Also, I'm curious what you're planning for verosion 4.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:26 AM   #821
Just started!

Thank you so much for your work on this tool.

I have an unrelated question if anyone could answer. In order to get the most meaningful scouts necessary, what type of players do you scout for a 3-4 defense outside of the obvious nose tackle and 3-4 run stopping DEs? Mostly for secondary and LB corps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2016, 02:37 AM   #822
Banned

How many do you have to enter to get the class strength i'm at and the blue/red chips to show up. I'm entering all the information yet i'm not get anything I'm on Mac using the protected version.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:12 AM   #823
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly
How many do you have to enter to get the class strength i'm at and the blue/red chips to show up. I'm entering all the information yet i'm not get anything I'm on Mac using the protected version.
Never mind I figure how to use the document.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #824
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverQuinn
Thank you so much for your work on this tool.

I have an unrelated question if anyone could answer. In order to get the most meaningful scouts necessary, what type of players do you scout for a 3-4 defense outside of the obvious nose tackle and 3-4 run stopping DEs? Mostly for secondary and LB corps.
For MLBs, either prototype or 3-4 run stopper. For DBs, whatever fits your scheme. I personally run more zone (in a 4-3, mind you) and find that's more effective than man coverage. For my SS I prefer a guy who's good against the run, but ideally not a liability in the pass game. But that's just my personal preferences.

I prefer a 4-3 scheme myself because I find you get more sacks that way, and have a greater variety of players available to you. You can have all sorts of different archetypes at DT (as opposed to just a Nose), different archetypes at DE (including converted 3-4 OLBs) and can have pretty much any types of non-34-specific linebackers. Much more versatile IMO.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »