Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #897
Rookie

Denzalo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

OMN,

Are you able to make it so LT doesn't say "Blue chip - draft further" when Pass Block hasn't been input yet and you reveal a skill lower than B-? Attached is a picture of a scenario where it is no longer a Blue chip prospect because it is impossible for him to get a B- in Pass Block at this point.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LT.jpg (19.2 KB, 130 views)
Old 12-29-2016, 02:34 AM   #898
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
OMN,

Are you able to make it so LT doesn't say "Blue chip - draft further" when Pass Block hasn't been input yet and you reveal a skill lower than B-? Attached is a picture of a scenario where it is no longer a Blue chip prospect because it is impossible for him to get a B- in Pass Block at this point.

Thanks!
I sorted out most of these with V2 using the "must have at least one" and "must have at least two" checks, but it's really difficult to build in the extra logic to check if it's theoretically impossible to pass a remaining check based on skills that have been unlocked to that point. I'm afraid you might just have to live with it!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-29-2016, 03:02 AM   #899
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Blog posts with detailed guidance now updated for v4: https://oldmannathy.wordpress.com/20...-introduction/

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #900
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Blog posts with detailed guidance now updated for v4: https://oldmannathy.wordpress.com/20...-introduction/
In week 12 of my 4th year I'll finish the season with v3 than switch to v4. So far this tool has been good for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #901
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is there an unprotected version available? Every time I try to unprotect the sheet so I can sort by TVR, the application lags out and crashes.

I'm running Excel 2011 for Mac, version 14.7.

I had the same problem with previous versions of the sheet as well, for whatever reason, and I've tried multiple ways of unprotecting the sheet through the different menu options available in Excel, and nothing produces the desired result of simply unprotecting the sheet so I can sort by TVR or draft board ranking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #902
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Is there an unprotected version available? Every time I try to unprotect the sheet so I can sort by TVR, the application lags out and crashes.

I had the same problem with previous versions of the sheet as well, for whatever reason, and I've tried multiple ways of unprotecting the sheet through the different menu options available in Excel, and nothing produces the desired result of simply unprotecting the sheet so I can sort by TVR or draft board ranking.

Ah right strange. I took the password off so it should just unprotect. But I'll upload an unprotected version later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #903
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

Actually a guy on Reddit has just posted this:

For Mac users, you can unprotect the first sheet by selecting the lock on the bottom tab then selecting unprotect. Which will allow you to sort when it comes time to study before the draft

Old 12-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #904
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Actually a guy on Reddit has just posted this:

For Mac users, you can unprotect the first sheet by selecting the lock on the bottom tab then selecting unprotect. Which will allow you to sort when it comes time to study before the draft

EDIT: I got it to work. I just had to let the rainbow circle of confusion on the Mac spin for a few minutes and it ultimately stopped and allowed me to use the sheet properly.

I have a technical question: is the designation of "UD" no longer the kiss of death w/r/t the draft tool automatically tagging a player "Do Not Draft?"

In V3, a value of UD in the "Talent Round" field would immediately gray a player out as "DND."

I have several OLB prospects who have a "Talent Round" grade of UD, but whom the tool is telling me are potential Red Chip prospects who need further scouting.

Has anything changed in that regard, or is there likely an issue with my sheet?

I never alter values or formatting, so I'm just trying to figure out if I really should look at those players or not.

Thanks!

Last edited by RogueHominid; 12-29-2016 at 12:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »