Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
What this all stems back to for me is 2k vs EA.

Why is it that 2k never has excuses? But every year, it is some new excuse for EA?

I would just love to hear what developers at Madden think of 2k's myLeague/ myGM mode.

We see the effort they are going to to compete with 2k by moving John White to NBA Live. And in my opinion, I have not seen Madden make great improvements since it was competing with 2k in football.

I think we are going to keep seeing lackluster releases and features as long as EA owns the exclusive NFL rights, or unless there is MAJOR turn over in that company.

You have to add to that the fact that they are using the same people to work on nba live. Nba live has competition so that puts madden as an after thought product. When it comes down to it resources are going to the game that has to fight for market share. Madden is now the step child that has to live off nba live's hand me downs. All we can hope is nba live becomes better than nba 2k which would benefit madden. I am not holding my breath.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
What this all stems back to for me is 2k vs EA.

Why is it that 2k never has excuses? But every year, it is some new excuse for EA?

I would just love to hear what developers at Madden think of 2k's myLeague/ myGM mode.

We see the effort they are going to to compete with 2k by moving John White to NBA Live. And in my opinion, I have not seen Madden make great improvements since it was competing with 2k in football.

I think we are going to keep seeing lackluster releases and features as long as EA owns the exclusive NFL rights, or unless there is MAJOR turn over in that company.
Yes, it's the excuses that get old and its been years of them now for Franchise. I'm sure an exact timeline could be made with effort, but all of the excuses used this year are invalid IMO.

The Longshot excuse is 4 yrs old. NBA Live decision was at least 2yrs ago. Frostbite decision was probably at least 2 yr ago b/c FIFA had it last year and you know the 'porting' process was going on b4 then. The limited resources is just garbage and I won't get into a rant on that. Yet somehow with all of that resource 'pulling' going on, last years' Franchise was "deeper than ever". My leg hurts from all this pulling.

I see The Show and NBA2K mentioned alot in threads like this. I don't play them currently but open for anyone that does to answer: Granted those games surely aren't perfect, but does anyone who plays them today ever wish you had features from over 10yrs ago? Can you say that Franchise in those modes has less depth than 10yrs ago? Has more been taken out than put into those Franchise modes?

All games have bugs to fix, but the biggest knocks I see on those games yearly now is that because they set such a high standard for so long, it's very hard to keep innovating 'enough' to keep up with such standards. When has anyone thought that about Maddens' Franchise mode? Conversely and sadly, I feel like this Franchise mode is STILL trying to catch up to 2005 and Head Coach 09. That's what making excuses does, it prevents progression and greatness.

***strictly referring to Franchise depth, features, authenticity, functionality; NOT referring to gameplay/graphics
Old 06-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #115
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Man if Madden's cfm was like Mlb The Show's Franchise I'd be complaining alot more. Surprised other people feel the opposite.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #116
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Exactly. Some seem to think it's a plug and play to put features in. If it were easy, they'd be in.
Im sorry, but this is not a good excuse when basic features are missing from the game every year...features that have been in past titles and/or features that have been requested for years...but yet they will put in gimmicky features that either dont really make the game much better or they will put things in that they turn around and get rid of 2 years later because it wasnt immediately popular. Honestly....I dont expect this story mode to be in the game at all come Madden 2020. Either it wont be in the game, or it will just be left in the game with very little attention give to it the way superstar mode was ignored for years. It will just be another example of wasted resources and short-sightedness on the part of EA/Tiburon.

And while some may have unrealistic expectations TO A POINT, as Ive said before....when EA is charging $60 for a game every single year, fans have a right to expect much more than what we get. Dont get me wrong, if the game was already great and had alot of features that shouldve been in the game years ago, I wouldnt really mind paying $60, even if the upgrades werent significant every single year. But lets face it, the gameplay has felt largely the same since the PS2 days, its missing features that shouldve been in the game for awhile now, and EA's REAL motto seems to be "Maybe Next Year".

Again, this isnt me trying to bash EA. This is simply my frustration as a diehard NFL fan, tired of seeing the same mistakes repeated year after year and continuing to deprive us of a great football game. If this were any other franchise, I probably wouldve gave up on it long ago, as Im sure many others would have as well. But since it has the NFL license, it has a hold over me and many others.....and EA knows this and exploits it.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #117
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Man if Madden's cfm was like Mlb The Show's Franchise I'd be complaining alot more. Surprised other people feel the opposite.

Wait, are you saying MLB The Show's franchise mode is worse than Madden's in it's current state? Cause if so I kinda agree with you.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #118
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Wait, are you saying MLB The Show's franchise mode is worse than Madden's in it's current state? Cause if so I kinda agree with you.
Yeah I'm saying it's worse by a decent margin. It really depends on what you look for in a franchise. I look for immersion and Madden does a better job than The Show.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #119
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

https://youtu.be/qVfF17fGbco

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #120
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You'd be surprised. You triggered my PTSD.
Ok, I bow to your experience on the matter but honestly, when I think about what they were able to code into PS2 Madden that they seemingly can't do now it does make you wonder. It really does. I'm not talking about graphics and animations which arre inevitably superior now, but about the immersive features that they simply don't seem to be able or willing to be bothered to implement.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-16-2017 at 02:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »