Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #145
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

I hate DLC/MicroTransactions....so many of them aren't legit and sleazy

I especially hate when the stench of them bleeds over into other areas of the game

In this case..I have a major problem with the Real Players not being able to wear their real life accessories.....Your sacrificing the authenticity of the game for a cheap sleazy buck

Whore out your own made up logo's/accessory types ect ect all you want on Milk-It-Place...but the real stuff should be there for the real players

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 15

Thank god for this easy VC rookie showcase thing lol
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #147
Banned

Ken Griffery Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 1

Btw, there's a lot of foolishness in this thread. People are actually defending 2K by saying they've instituted this VC system as a way to make money so they can hire 4-5 more programmers (because salaries for those employees are upwards of $80,000 per year) and make future iterations of the series better.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Do you really believe that? How is 2K supposed to MAXIMIZE their profits if they use that new revenue to hire 4-5 more employees at nearly $100,000 per (or 1,000 coins in 2K money). Perhaps if 2K had better spent their monetary resources elsewhere instead of wasting it on Jay Z, Bieber and the rest, they wouldn't have to pass on the development cost to us. Honestly, did anyone actually buy the game because it was "Executive Produced" by Jay Z or for the celebrity team? I think not.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #148
Banned

Ken Griffery Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 1

To those poor souls who are defending VC, read this:

VC a dangerous precedent for gaming/
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm fine with VC. I bought $5 worth for my player and it saved me dozens of hours of grinding. The time I saved was worth the minor cost.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #150
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Too bad your novella became waste of time because of your last paragraph. The game isn't balanced when you are forced to go online to purchase & to equip accessories for your offline my player. The game was balanced last year because people without Internet connection for their system were able to edit their accessories. Now users are forced to play VC earning game mode just to be able to equip your offline my player can't be called a balanced game design for offline users. (offline players can only earn SP which is useless when you go online shopping in case you didn't know. Buy some VC and move on you say? This IS the dumbest thing I heard today. People without Internet connection can't do online transaction. Do you see how dumb you sound now? )

And to anyone who calls the game mode with accessories costing more than skill improvement a balanced game.. I will laugh at you all day... Out loud. I'm just speechless at your another failed logic. SMH
What? The online/offline thing is completely irrelevant to what we are discussing. That's like if we were arguing which % of milk was best and you were like ALL MILK SUCKS IM LACTOSE INTOLERANT.

There is absolutely no failed logic in my post; the fact that you keyed into something that I didn't even say and made the whole post about it is the illogical part.

Balance meaning VC given is where it should be. One could argue that wasting 3000 vc on your 67 rated myplayer's armband is ridiculous, too. Or that once you get your player maximized in skill you should have something more to look forward to, like getting cool accessories.

GET AN INTERNET CONNECTION, son. It's 2012. You can't keep raging because the games cater to players who have internet. It's like being mad at someone who has a cell phone.

-Smak
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffery Jr.
To those poor souls who are defending VC, read this:

VC a dangerous precedent for gaming/
That guy summarized the issues with current VC system really well. He's right... next year 2K should reconsider their usage of VC and limits it to just the MyTeam mode. As the guy points out... That’s where it belongs, that’s where it should stay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #152
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Too bad your novella became waste of time because of your last paragraph. The game isn't balanced when you are forced to go online to purchase & to equip accessories for your offline my player. The game was balanced last year because people without Internet connection for their system were able to edit their accessories. Now users are forced to play VC earning game mode just to be able to equip your offline my player can't be called a balanced game design for offline users. (offline players can only earn SP which is useless when you go online shopping in case you didn't know. Buy some VC and move on you say? This IS the dumbest thing I heard today. People without Internet connection can't do online transaction. Do you see how dumb you sound now? )

And to anyone who calls the game mode with accessories costing more than skill improvement a balanced game.. I will laugh at you all day... Out loud. I'm just speechless at your another failed logic. SMH
I will also continue to laugh. It IS a concept that some people just don't grasp no matter how many times you explain it to them.

We are NOT AGAINST paying real money for NEW CONTENT. I repeat, for NEW CONTENT....as in content NOT ALREADY IN THE GAME for the last 7-8 years for free. There is a difference between paying money for something like Skyrim DLC or even Call of Duty map packs. Those are extras not already in the game that you need to download and add something NEW to the game.

They have us paying for SOCKS.....A PAIR OF SOCKS. Can anyone really defend that? Sure, you can struggle and play to earn the VC, but the central problem here is that earnings are decreased, and you now have to use currency for EVERYTHING. In 2k12 we earned significantly more skill points and it was all dedicated towards MyPlayer.

You would think it would be logical to increase earnings or AT LEAST keep them equivalent if we are going to:

1. Have to pay for things that were previously free.
2. Use VC for everything.

Someone in another thread said they dropped a 25/10/12 triple double and got a measly 250 VC. Breaking Kareem's scoring record in mycareer only earns you 5000 VC. Last year it was 38,387 skill points....Becoming the leading scorer in NBA history in MyCareer will get you half way to buying the worst silver players available. VC in a nutshell.

How does that reward sound to all you people saying "work for ur VC" or "if you really want it, you have to put in the time to earn it".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »