Home
NHL 10 News Post

Roster update #7 is available for NHL 10, along with Tuner Set 1.03. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"For this update transactions are up to date as of January 24, 2010 (NHL, AHL, Elitserien, SM-Liiga, NLA).

One new player has been added to the game: G Jarosloav Janus (Norfolk Admirals).

Along with that, ratings have been updated."

What's in Tuner Set 1.03?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA

"The major thrust of the changes is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring a bit. There will be more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how they position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

For online the duration of the post-whistle time has been reduced, and a few gameplay exploits have been reduced.

For offline play once you have the update it will be applied automatically if you still have the Tuning Set option set to Latest (which is the default). Otherwise you can set it to Latest or V1.03. If don't like the changes or prefer to finish your current Dynasties/Be A Pro with a previous tuning version you can also change it (under Gameplay Settings/General). V1.02 is what you'd be using right now if you have the previous update and are set to Latest.

For online play everyone uses the latest tuning update.

There are quite a few changes involved in this update so we'll be watching closely to see how things play out and make any adjustments that are necessary.

More detailed notes on the changes should be posted on the NHL forums/blogs tomorrow. I'll make sure they end up here too."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Fiddy @ 01/27/10 09:50 AM
a lil excited? made 2 threads back to back? lol

# 2 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/27/10 10:13 AM
is this an new update from EA?

# 3 b3organ @ 01/27/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
is this an new update from EA?
Yeah, finally. Redshirt explains in that tuner thread (page 9 or 10) what things are fixed. He also said that there will be more official info about it.

# 4 Steven547 @ 01/27/10 11:02 AM
From what I'm reading so far, it seems like this tuner set is no more then tuner 1.01 part 2. Hope we get a list of what was addressed.

# 5 Qb @ 01/27/10 11:44 AM
Make sure to check out EA's Inside the Crease blog for the full details of the new tuner.*

*No tuner blog posted at the time of this post

# 6 MattyAction @ 01/27/10 11:45 AM
Could you copy and paste that blog? I dont have access to some gaming sites at work. Thanks again in advance.

# 7 jb12780 @ 01/27/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyAction
Could you copy and paste that blog? I dont have access to some gaming sites at work. Thanks again in advance.
Its not up yet. I will check back soon. Im gonna see what this tuner did.

# 8 m-dogg @ 01/27/10 12:55 PM
please oh please. someone test out all the known glitch goals online in a OTP/EASHL game and see if they are truely fixed. I really hope so! if they loosened up the goalie with more "VARIETY" and stopped all the glitch goals, my team will be in heaven...

# 9 SinisterAlex @ 01/27/10 02:07 PM
The major thrust of the changes is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring a bit. There will be more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how they position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

I'm excited to try this, just got home high school exams so I'm going to go pop in NHL 10 right now and see what changes have been made.

# 10 mikeymayhem @ 01/27/10 02:09 PM
I haven't ever played online before ... all i hear is horror stories i would love to some time though... but for us offliners I fear we might have to have yet another round of fighting with sliders the game has opened up a lot... the rebounds make a huge diffrence i just finsihed a scoring fest that ended 9-7 with ottawa and calgary and they each had oaround 40 shots on goal useing LOTT slider set

# 11 Fiddy @ 01/27/10 02:12 PM
i used my current slider set from the slider forums..

played a quick game offline.

to me, the game felt more wide open. players felt more loose, skating flowed better or something. i noticed some more loose pucks etc. it did feel a bit different and for the good. i dont think it was my mind playing tricks on me either.

now, online.. played like 11 online games 2 days ago. all my games were league games where you just send an invite by play a friend. usually games are 2-1, 3-0 etc.. i had 5-4 games, 6-3, 3-2, etc.. some great games in those 11. i wonder if the tuner update hit a few days ago for online games and today for download offline?

# 12 mikeymayhem @ 01/27/10 02:23 PM
I'm goingf to have to play another one here haha the game was wide open lost of scoring chances for sure haha come on glenncross got 4 goals alfredsson got 4 goals . in the last minute when i pulled my goalie for the extra attacker i scored a tieing goal to make 7-7 only to have alfie score on me 20 seconds later. so i pulled it again and bam enpty net goal making it 9-7 probaly the craziest game I've played but a tad to wild lol I would hate to see what a game looks liek for those who play with goalie reaction at 0-0

# 13 savoie2006 @ 01/27/10 02:31 PM
One thing I noticed early was the cpu missing more passes and making poor passes to my team.

# 14 Vikes1 @ 01/27/10 02:50 PM
Looking forward to giving 1.03 a try.

I'm hoping to be able to return the cpu goalie reaction slider back to default...vs 0, where I have it now.

# 15 bradigor @ 01/27/10 03:26 PM
Not happy with the new set. Just played a game and conceded 5 goals which included:

4 wraparounds. Checking wasn't having an effect at all. He was able to do little movement of the right stick and keep the puck to get to the redline behind the goal and a wrap around.

# 16 coachchris @ 01/27/10 03:27 PM
After playing a few games with 1.03 the game feels more wide open and scoring is way up. I have cpu goalie reaction at 1 on all star and that will not cut it for sure.

I am going to see what some of the slider guys come up with before I switch. I just played a BEAGM game with Ottawa(me) against the Caps using version 1.01 with same sliders and had 54 shots on goal 30 of them good opp's and 0 goals. Needless to say if it was 1.03 I might of have 10 goals.

# 17 WeBB15 @ 01/27/10 03:36 PM
I'm 3-0 with the new tuner set online so I can't complain... I've only conceded 1goal on all 3 games.

The gameplay does feeler a little more wide open and smoother, a lot less random goals by bad goalkeeping, all goals seemed legit and it's a lot more realistic how the players react, especially goalies.

Now when someone beats me its not as cheap and way less random goals to make the game more fun... Thank you!

# 18 mikeymayhem @ 01/27/10 03:36 PM
not quite i just got 50 shots and only had 5 goals ... I lost that game to... the cpu pp is almost unstoppable and its not my d i play great defence usually and have a awseome defence corps in my be a gm...

line 1
bouwmeester keith
phaneuf giordano
sarich franson

# 19 bradigor @ 01/27/10 03:40 PM
Saying that though, the rest of the game feels more natural and open. Hoping it was a one off with the wraparounds.

# 20 GrandMaster B @ 01/27/10 04:31 PM
Anyone play any OTP. More scoring?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.