Home
WWE '12 News Post

It has been confirmed that a few people already have WWE 12. Please post your impressions here.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott14
Also I think if you use brand specific tag titles it should fix the free agent team problems.... Not 100% sure with that though.
I couldn't figure out how to assign brand-specific titles, either. Never thought I'd miss having an instruction manual, but I could use one now. I'm going to bear down and figure this crap out if it kills me tonite ... LOL

# 42 Basketball GURU @ 11/13/11 04:23 PM
Is every tittle assign to someone, did you unlock all 23 tittles yet? Also to assign the tag tittles I think you need to go to edit brand, and assign them from there.

# 43 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball GURU
Is every tittle assign to someone, did you unlock all 23 tittles yet? Also to assign the tag tittles I think you need to go to edit brand, and assign them from there.
Yeah, I bought the unlock everything cheat for 80 MS points to get all the superstars and belts. And all the belts are assigned to someone by default. Vacating them from the main options screen is easy enough for exhibition matches, but they are still assigned to those people when I start my Universe.

Like I said, I must be missing something that's probably painfully obvious. I'm not home now, but I'm making this my mission as soon as I get back to the game.

And thanks to all you guys for offering advice. I'm sure together we can figure this thing out.

# 44 Jukeman @ 11/13/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
Yeah, I bought the unlock everything cheat for 80 MS points to get all the superstars and belts. And all the belts are assigned to someone by default. Vacating them from the main options screen is easy enough for exhibition matches, but they are still assigned to those people when I start my Universe.

Like I said, I must be missing something that's probably painfully obvious. I'm not home now, but I'm making this my mission as soon as I get back to the game.

And thanks to all you guys for offering advice. I'm sure together we can figure this thing out.
did you un-assign those titles before starting universe mode?

# 45 board_op_gamer @ 11/13/11 05:11 PM
I don't know if this will help with titles, but Matt Black on Twitter suggested this as far as keeping random people from showing up:

"You want to make someone not show up? Put them in WCW."

So I'm guessing you put them in a brand you're not going to use in Universe Mode. Doesn't hurt to try it.

# 46 Streets @ 11/13/11 05:15 PM
Having free agents competing in Universe really, REALLY sucks.

I would like people like The Rock, Nash, and even Lesnar and Batista in my Universe, but I don't want to play with old and dead wrestlers.

Last year, being a free agent meant you were no longer a part of the Universe. That's terrible!

Also, the belts thing is horrible too. Both of these were not issues in last year's game, so why change it? I would hold out hope this will be patched, but THQ is notorious for not doing that.

# 47 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
did you un-assign those titles before starting universe mode?
Yeah, I unassigned everything but the current titles in the main menu, but those changes didn't carry over to Universe. For example, I gave Mark Henry the World Championship in the main menu, but Orton was champ when I started my Universe.

# 48 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by board_op_gamer
I don't know if this will help with titles, but Matt Black on Twitter suggested this as far as keeping random people from showing up:

"You want to make someone not show up? Put them in WCW."

So I'm guessing you put them in a brand you're not going to use in Universe Mode. Doesn't hurt to try it.
Yeah, I will definitely try that and see if it works.

# 49 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Having free agents competing in Universe really, REALLY sucks.

I would like people like The Rock, Nash, and even Lesnar and Batista in my Universe, but I don't want to play with old and dead wrestlers.

Last year, being a free agent meant you were no longer a part of the Universe. That's terrible!

Also, the belts thing is horrible too. Both of these were not issues in last year's game, so why change it? I would hold out hope this will be patched, but THQ is notorious for not doing that.
The more I think about the Legends thing, it may have something to do with the lack of tag teams in the game by default as those were the legends being re-inserted into my Universe. I wonder if I created a few more tag teams if that would eliminate Demolition and the Road Warriors from showing up? Something to try when I get home :-)

Oh, I also tried breaking up those tag teams to prevent them from showing up, but I couldn't because both teams are title holders and tag title holders can't be split up. I could have reassigned those belts to a different team though. Might try that.

# 50 Streets @ 11/13/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I will definitely try that and see if it works.
Do that and put all the titles you wish to vacate on a wrestler in WCW and see how the game plays.

I'll also put all Divas in WCW too so there are more male matches/feuds (since I don't play as the Divas). If you could try that and make sure it works, that'd be great!

# 51 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Do that and put all the titles you wish to vacate on a wrestler in WCW and see how the game plays.

I'll also put all Divas in WCW too so there are more male matches/feuds (since I don't play as the Divas). If you could try that and make sure it works, that'd be great!
Definitely. And there are mixed tag matches this year, in case anyone cares. Were those in SvR last year?

# 52 Jukeman @ 11/13/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I unassigned everything but the current titles in the main menu, but those changes didn't carry over to Universe. For example, I gave Mark Henry the World Championship in the main menu, but Orton was champ when I started my Universe.
Wth! This was def not a issue last year.

If it isn't broke don't fix it!

Maybe it's a bug

Btw did you confirm and save before exiting the menu? Last year you couldn't do anything without confirming and saving..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 53 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:37 PM
Quote:

Maybe it's a bug

Btw did you confirm and save before exiting the menu? Last year you couldn't do anything without confirming and saving..

I thought about this, too. Maybe I needed to manually load my settings or something before starting up a new Universe. I'll try this and see what happens.

# 54 dochalladay32 @ 11/13/11 05:46 PM
Quote:

Maybe it's a bug

It wasn't an issue last year because Universe and Exhibition crossed over. They are separate now. Let's just chill a bit before assuming what can and can't be done. He says he hasn't done much with the SVR series so let's give him a chance to go through things or at least until more have looked at the game before we call it broken.

# 55 jrider99 @ 11/13/11 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It wasn't an issue last year because Universe and Exhibition crossed over. They are separate now. Let's just chill a bit before assuming what can and can't be done. He says he hasn't done much with the SVR series so let's give him a chance to go through things or at least until more have looked at the game before we call it broken.
Yeah, I'm certainly not ready to declare anything broken at this point. I've only played for a couple hours over two days now. That's not nearly enough time to make a judgment on anything. Besides, I know I haven't exhausted all possible solutions yet, and you guys have given me some more things to check into. I'll get in touch with the guys at THQ tomorrow and see if they can offer any advice, too. Definitely not time to hit the panic button yet!

# 56 ctr05 @ 11/13/11 05:59 PM
yeah cuz see in my Universe mode, I'm playing with my brother. I'm Raw he's Smackdown. his titles are World Heavyweight, Hardcore, World Tag Team and Divas. he also wants to use the Million Dollar as an unranked title. For Raw I'm using Attitude Era WWE, Classic IC, WWE Tag Team, Women's and European for my unranked one. I don't want any others popping up into my universe unless I want them to. so does this mean I assign all of the unwanted titles to a random person or CAW and then assign them to like FCW or something?

# 57 Bellsprout @ 11/13/11 05:59 PM
Quote:
Loving the amount of pin attempts

AI still look confused at times but thats not a suprise as older THQ WWE games never been that good at AI vs AI matches (mainly any match involving more than 2 wrestlers)

The guy has more vids

BTW I think this may be the first year I will turn "play by play" off lol (sadly Madden has took the crown of bad play by play this year tho)

Are those old arenas (Starrcade, Nitro, old Wrestlemania) in the game already, or did you create them?

# 58 ADRNumber1Fan @ 11/13/11 06:12 PM
Does Alberto have an alt attire????
PLEAS ANSWER

# 59 ctr05 @ 11/13/11 06:30 PM
ooh yeah and do any divas have alternate attires?

# 60 ADRNumber1Fan @ 11/13/11 06:31 PM
No one cares about the divas LOL
I really want to know about Alberto because he should have one.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.