Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video, walking through the new features in the game. It includes some regular gameplay, Retro Mode gameplay and a walkthrough of the player creation/edit process.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/16/17 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Here's a screenshot of him.

I just realized something looking at your screen shot of Bryant: The new hotel being constructed just outside Wrigley to the West can be seen in this shot! Nicely done art team! When I was at a game in September last year, the hotel was basically just a frame and walls. No windows, tons of scaffolding and tarps and boarded up sections. Either the art team did some good guessing, they have been looking at the construction updates online, or they've been looking at renderings for what it is supposed to look like.

# 182 Sip_16 @ 02/16/17 10:01 AM
I know it shows 10 uniform slots for Cleveland when Ramone is picking the jersey, but does anyone think anything of the space that still is in the box there or thats just the design? It looks like maybe some teams could have 1 or 2 more jerseys?

# 183 ShowTyme15 @ 02/16/17 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I know it shows 10 uniform slots for Cleveland when Ramone is picking the jersey, but does anyone think anything of the space that still is in the box there or thats just the design? It looks like maybe some teams could have 1 or 2 more jerseys?
They only reason it looks like there may still be 10 slots and nothing more is the way it's listed.

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP

If we had 2 extra slots one would think it would be like this

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Home ST
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP
Road ST

# 184 Sip_16 @ 02/16/17 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They only reason it looks like there may still be 10 slots and nothing more is the way it's listed.

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Home ST
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP
Road ST
Yeah makes sense, unless it is different for other teams say Arizona who could have more, im not expecting it but just something i noticed.

# 185 sva91 @ 02/16/17 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP

Home
Home Alt
Home Throwback
Home Throwback
Home BP
Home ST
Road
Road Alternate
Road Throwback
Road Throwback
Road BP
Road ST
I have a hunch that we will be able to edit undershirts this year. I know Ramone won't deviate from style guide, but maybe he knows that is a loophole. Because just changing the undershirt adds a whole lot of options. There are too many uniforms inaccuracies due to style guide being off. I feel Ramone wants to fix it for us.

# 186 ShowTyme15 @ 02/16/17 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
Yeah makes sense, unless it is different for other teams say Arizona who could have more, im not expecting it but just something i noticed.
No worries man I know what you mean. I'm holding out a little bit of hope myself. We'll see what happens next Thursday.

# 187 eric7064 @ 02/16/17 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
Yeah there has been some talk in my online franchise group chat that it wouldn't be in this year, not sure where it came from, but I'm glad to see it is

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app
Many Online franchise guys thought it could be abandoned because it's gone untouched since it's debut in MLB14. Good to see its there. Really hope it gets some love this year.

# 188 JaFFiTh @ 02/16/17 11:25 AM
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread but I noticed one thing that may haven't changed in CAP.... primary and secondary positions looks to be the same. So I'm at least hoping they have more options for the positions

# 189 NewNapkin @ 02/16/17 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread but I noticed one thing that may haven't changed in CAP.... primary and secondary positions looks to be the same. So I'm at least hoping they have more options for the positions
They did add a few more. I'm pretty sure the new ones were listed by Ramone in a reply in the out-of-position defense thread.

# 190 Motown @ 02/16/17 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
That Schwar-bomb though
That no doubter crack of the bat...DAAYUM

# 191 tnixen @ 02/16/17 02:42 PM
I find it interesting that in all the videos they have shown so far the commentary is off.

I have a feeling commentary may finally be good enough where we will not want to turn it off after a few games.

# 192 bcruise @ 02/16/17 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I find it interesting that in all the videos they have shown so far the commentary is off.

I have a feeling commentary may finally be good enough where we will not want to turn it off after a few games.
Commentary being turned off is expected when they have two new additions that they don't want to reveal yet.

# 193 tnixen @ 02/16/17 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm seeing an "Options Explorer" selection on the main menu under mini-modes. Wonder what that could be?
Yes what could that be?

# 194 tnixen @ 02/16/17 04:42 PM
Here is another screen shot in case anyone missed it

# 195 SilverBullet1929 @ 02/16/17 06:41 PM
Back to the Cleveland BP pullovers in a strange twist they got the 2017 BP pullovers but the cap they paired with it is way off as its the 2015 cap...

Here's the uniform in game...

Here's the 2017 BP ST cap...

Here's the 2016 BP ST cap...

And here's what's in the game, the 2015 ST cap...

# 196 JaFFiTh @ 02/16/17 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
They did add a few more. I'm pretty sure the new ones were listed by Ramone in a reply in the out-of-position defense thread.
Ah found it. Thanks. They are the most common secondary positions missing so I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

# 197 Jolly Roger @ 02/16/17 10:43 PM
Hmm...create-a-player isn't what I thought it was going to be. I thought when they said 40-some new templates they meant 40-some actual face scans of anonymous dudes. Eh, no matter; still plenty of massive improvements elsewhere.

# 198 Russell_SCEA @ 02/16/17 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Hmm...create-a-player isn't what I thought it was going to be. I thought when they said 40-some new templates they meant 40-some actual face scans of anonymous dudes. Eh, no matter; still plenty of massive improvements elsewhere.
49 new head archetypes and we never said they weren't based off real Player geometry. Soo eh no matter

# 199 thaSLAB @ 02/16/17 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Not sure what you were expecting, other than maybe some kind of face scan app (which has problems in itself), but this is an absolute improvement. It's not like you need to hope that one of the 49 is your doppelganger.

Sent from my htc 10 using Tapatalk

# 200 dodgerblue @ 02/17/17 12:58 AM
That was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.