Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video, walking through the new features in the game. It includes some regular gameplay, Retro Mode gameplay and a walkthrough of the player creation/edit process.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 sweny5632 @ 02/16/17 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
The sleeves on Posey don't look 3/4 sleeves like those. They look normal.

But regardless, if SCEA put these abominations in the game that will NEVER be used on a field, instead of the ST jerseys was a HORRENDOUS error.

Love everything about what they are doing right now, but this... huge swing and miss at the plate if that's the case.
In the Gamestop video when they quickly show the Indians BP jersey on the uniform select screen those sleeves are regular length and not the 3/4 but it's definitely the new BP pullover

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 162 dran1984 @ 02/16/17 12:59 AM
Quote:
The sleeves on Posey don't look 3/4 sleeves like those. They look normal.

But regardless, if SCEA put these abominations in the game that will NEVER be used on a field, instead of the ST jerseys was a HORRENDOUS error.

Love everything about what they are doing right now, but this... huge swing and miss at the plate if that's the case.
Yea, the Indians BP that they showed in the video has normal sleeves. Probably due to the one uniform template that they have.

# 163 parky_17 @ 02/16/17 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
I'm sorry but did anyone else spot the 4 time gold glove winner and 2016 NL MVP sub text on player intro? Also I noticed a career high for RBIs on one of the players. Can this finally mean that player awards are being
That's been in the game for as long as I can remember, especially in 'play now' games where it shows last years stats in the batter walkups

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

# 164 dran1984 @ 02/16/17 01:28 AM
Quote:
Wow... the BP ones are in, and they aren't even correct because of the different template.

Again

Why bother? Missed opportunity. This might be the first time they should issue a patch for the jerseys, when they normally don't.

Holding out hope that there's more to explain on the 23rd...
They also will be button up, and probably will have numbers on the back for every team, so they will have multiple errors.

Another crazy fact, they had to create all these from scratch. The ST jerseys for most teams are pretty much replicas to one of their current alternates. So it would have been less work to put in the ST jerseys.

Another thing with the no changes to jersey slots - Diamondback fans get screwed over again.

# 165 parky_17 @ 02/16/17 01:54 AM
What if there are more uniform slots to be revealed and BOTH these BP and the new spring training jerseys are in the game

# 166 dran1984 @ 02/16/17 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
What if there are more uniform slots to be revealed and BOTH these BP and the new spring training jerseys are in the game

From what we saw, there is very little chance of that. They already showed the uniform selection screen.

# 167 parky_17 @ 02/16/17 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
From what we saw, there is very little chance of that. They already showed the uniform selection screen.

What about the stream next week and the new uniform sets?

# 168 ty5oke @ 02/16/17 02:27 AM
The hit variety due to new ball physics looks insane this year. Very happy with what I saw in the limited gameplay.

# 169 LastActionHero @ 02/16/17 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Are the images from the same time of day, cloud cover, and month? Because those factors effect color and that's the very first thing an art lead is going to ask. They have to be from the same time of day, month, cloud cover, and sun position to get an accurate view of what you guys are trying to illustrate.

Hey Ramone, first of all I think you're one of the best community managers/devs out there. Your connection to the community is an example for other teams.

Having said that I think in 15 you guys made great strides in the colour palette and then in 16 the fields/grass (not the stadiums!) got almost back to the way they looked in 14.

I took an (almost) exact shot of Comerica Park from The Show 15 and 16. Same month, 4pm game, clear skies.

It could be updated lighting engines, the way the sun reflects off the grass etc. but in 15 I truly (for the first time) felt I was playing a midsummer game because of the vivid colours.

# 170 dran1984 @ 02/16/17 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17

What about the stream next week and the new uniform sets?

I said earlier, I'm expecting it to be a few more mix and match options nothing major. I don't see them adding to a menu that we have already seen.

# 171 BlacknBlue @ 02/16/17 02:35 AM
The Giants have a new regular season black alternate this year, that's what you guys are probably seeing. The jerseys will replace last year's black alternates and sort of resemble the spring training jerseys with the black drop shadowed numbers leaving and now all the lettering is a solid orange.

# 172 dran1984 @ 02/16/17 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
The Giants have a new regular season black alternate this year, that's what you guys are probably seeing. The jerseys will replace last year's black alternates and sort of resemble the spring training jerseys with the black drop shadowed numbers leaving and now all the lettering is a solid orange.
Nope. Read back through the previous posts. They clearly showed the Indians warmup and the Giants jersey they showed, clearly has no patch on the sleeve just like the new BP warm ups. The alternate jersey would have a patch on the sleeve. So the one we are seeing is the Giants BP warm up jersey.

# 173 kaptainkarl76 @ 02/16/17 03:05 AM
On the topic of grass, I did a little looking around and found that there are a few different types of lawn grass used in MLB parks..each having their own characteristics/qualities..

https://www.yardcaregurus.com/types-...aseball-parks/

# 174 adh5199 @ 02/16/17 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Hey Ramone, first of all I think you're one of the best community managers/devs out there. Your connection to the community is an example for other teams.

Having said that I think in 15 you guys made great strides in the colour palette and then in 16 the fields/grass (not the stadiums!) got almost back to the way they looked in 14.

I took an (almost) exact shot of Comerica Park from The Show 15 and 16. Same month, 4pm game, clear skies.

It could be updated lighting engines, the way the sun reflects off the grass etc. but in 15 I truly (for the first time) felt I was playing a midsummer game because of the vivid colours.

Now that I'm seeing this picture, the grass is missing a sheen or shine to the blades of that makes sense. And yes, the green color palette needs to be richer, darker, greener.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 175 Cory4AU @ 02/16/17 06:27 AM
Never mind. Had a blonde moment.

# 176 parky_17 @ 02/16/17 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
Haven't seen it posted but looks like we are getting online franchise this year.

Yeah there has been some talk in my online franchise group chat that it wouldn't be in this year, not sure where it came from, but I'm glad to see it is

# 177 Archie56 @ 02/16/17 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
Haven't seen it posted but looks like we are getting online franchise this year.

Couldn't you do an online franchise in The Show 16? I'm an offline franchise guy but I thought the option for online franchise was there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 178 BigBlue @ 02/16/17 07:32 AM
UGH! We need this game on the XBOX! LOL

BigBlue

# 179 Cory4AU @ 02/16/17 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Couldn't you do an online franchise in The Show 16? I'm an offline franchise guy but I thought the option for online franchise was there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. Never mind. I'm an idiot. I'm going to blame that on lack of sleep.

# 180 ShowTyme15 @ 02/16/17 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Thanks for the link.

Yea, it looks like that's the new BP warmup due to sleeve being blank. The thing with SF though, they could have replaced the grey alt and put the Black alt in.

They have to be doing something new in regards to the uniforms because they listed them as a topic for the deep dive. Maybe more mix and match options? At this point after seeing the uniform selection screen we shouldn't expect it to be anything major.
Very possible. I'm going to hold off judgement like I said before until next Thursday and see what happens. They very well could have ST jerseys in we just don't know (The build Ramone was showing off may not have been current we don't know). I really hope they make it in though it's going to suck like you said especially with Dbacks fans (I was planning on using them this year, because I thought at the very least the red alternate would make it in). We'll see what happens man you never know they might surprise us.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.