Home

Now is the time

This is a discussion on Now is the time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #81
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Now is the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
We'll get the info starting next week. They just finished the game. For some that is going to be hard to believe and you will deny it but I'm saying what I know. The Bigs will be out on Monday so I'd say next week will be Big for 2k Football.
Good enough for me. Much thx

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #82
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
What people seem to forget is that even if 99.9% of all people on this board buy the game, its not enough.

There is no one on this board that can justify 2ks marketing strategy.

Believe what you will, but the game is done. There is no way to finish a game, get it pressed, send it for approval, get it to distribution, and then get it to the stores all in a couple of weeks.

Money is of no importance in marketing either. The video that the fan did of the old trailer cost 2k nothing. 2k does visit this board. Just look at the NBA 2k section and you will see dialouge back and forth from the devs and players.

Some videos that 3rd party people here on this site have done...far and away blow anything any released trailer has shown.

In the internet age, marketing is free if you choose for it to be. All it would take is to take a person from this forum that makes unbelievable videos, give them some footage or gametime...allow them to make a video...and that fan can post on youtube or something. Within hours, and its been proven before....all major gamesites will have this footage and it being discussed.....and its FREE!

2k is screwing the pooch on this release.

It is in the best interest of everyone...2k fan..Madden fan...Fever fan...10 yrd fight fan...etc..for this game to succeed. Competition makes everyone better, and in this case...everyone would win.

However, since this has already been stated that it isnt an annual release....the arguments for maybe next year can already be put to rest.

The fact that Chau himself said that if this game doesnt do well...this is the end of the series is critical.

Its like 2k wants this to fail from the start. By having no marketing at all to any of the major gamesites....very few people outside of the sports forums know its coming out.

The people they need to market it to isnt us, its the ones that dont know its coming.

There is not 1 marketing decsion so far that can be justified.... Not cost, not marketability, not release date, not missing features.....nothing.

The only thing that can be justified from anyone from any marketing standpoint whatsoever, is that they either A) know the product will fail....or B) Just dont give a damn.

Exactly.

Games now are a commodity or a product plain and simple. really meant for the masses and not the hardened few here that play them with the utmost interest in it's subject.

Games are MASS produced and are treated as a MASS market... very true my friend very true
Old 06-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #83
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
We'll get the info starting next week. They just finished the game. For some that is going to be hard to believe and you will deny it but I'm saying what I know. The Bigs will be out on Monday so I'd say next week will be Big for 2k Football.
I believe you. I know you know some people who make some games for some people.

LBzrule, do you know if most of the old 2K football design team together from the days when you, me, and Bangpow and others played with some of them in the PS2 NFL 2K4 league from FBG? Just wondered if that group has stayed intact for the most part.

(edit.. I think it was you who smoked me with the Ravens in that league...)
Old 06-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #84
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Sounds right, for a game due out on the 16th of July. Cutting it close actually, with the online testing MS always demands.

I'll bring this point up here, as it might give some a new perspective on the marketing or lack thereof by 2K Sports.

This game, APF 2K8, is just a tech demo. Yeah, I said it. A nextgen engine to show the NFL that 2K can do a football game on the PS3/360. I'm believing now that the PRIMARY motivation for doing APF was to get ready for a chance at the NFL license again. Yes, it pleases the 2K football faithful, but they didn't do this game for us.

Cold, hard business? Maybe, but I get a new 2K football game to play, so it's hard not to be excited. They could have done this game cheaper without legends included, but that does make a nice hook to sell the game, right? To have Elway, Rice and the rest.

Anyway, I doubt they look for APF 2K8 to do more than break even on development costs, etc. Why spend another $5 million on advertising?

BTW, I'd LOVE to see MS end up with 2K Sports. They'd have all the money they needed to compete better with EA. Not so good for Sony fans though. Imagine who wins in a bidding war over the NFL license between EA and MS? I'd rather see the NFL opened back up to everyone though.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

The thing is they wouldn't need to spend an extra $5 mil. Heck EA is advertising their game on YOU TUBE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFBACKLASH
The thing is they wouldn't need to spend an extra $5 mil. Heck EA is advertising their game on YOU TUBE.
Or even not going out of your way to alienate IGN and Gamespot.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 15

2K screwed up on a couple of levels of marketing. For starters, they should be grass rooting this game to death (myspace page, youtube videos, blog at the 2K site or one on a popular video game site)...ALL FREE AND ALL EFFECTIVE! Advertising doesn't HAVE to cost money, but these free avenues of awareness are being neglected.

And secondly, this game should be out RIGHT NOW. A full month head start on NCAA and a two month jump on Madden. For Americans, football is already on our minds and this would be a perfect time of year to release this game. They could hype hall of famers and there are many Madden/NCAA fans who may just buy the game because they need new football NOW!

It really starts to piss me off when I think about it, so I don't. I'll just buy the game and hope four years from now I'm not still playing the same edition...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 12

there is still a chance for tv marketing because ea as not started yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »