Home

Now is the time

This is a discussion on Now is the time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #65
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Now is the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
There's no maybe about it. About the only major publisher out there that they would be worse off with would be Atari.
I would to see them with Microsoft. That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #66
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
You know what, I think there is laughter. They have the mainstream covered. I mean, we all know EA's going to own the football sales again this year. What bugs me is how 2K is getting owned by their competition in places where that typically wouldn't happen. I doubt the EA blogs and flood of videos are something they just felt they should do.
I'd argue that I think it is something they felt they should do. They've ignored the hardcore for a long time, now they're trying to make up for it. I'm more than willing to give them credit, but up until this year the roles were reversed. If they're laughing, are they laughing because they've gotten away with ignoring people for so long, they make a one year change and now they're being raised on shoulders for making some effort? While the company that did much of that in the past for longer is getting put down? I guess that's something to laugh at.

I'll be extremely - EXTREMELY - disappointed if we get nothing today and there's no explanation, because I'd have to think at least one VC rep would've poked his head in to see what's being discussed on the net. But I realize that I'm just anxious to see the game. I don't expect them to do blogs about gang tackling because they already had it three years ago. I don't expect them to do blogs about double team blocking because they already had it three years ago. VC has things they can talk about, like any improvements to the AI/shell coverages (if such exists), the attribute system, etc. but for some reason they aren't (or haven't yet). It'd be nice if there even was a statement saying something like "we know you're starved for info" - no explanation even needed. Right now it just feels like they're ignoring the hardcore base, and that's upsetting to people.

I'll be down if they don't show anything today, but it's not because I'm expecting to see something "new" - I just want to finally see the game for myself. If there had been no hands on previews or no pics then I'd be looking at the game as a disaster. But reliable sources have all said mostly positive things about the game; enough to keep me intrigued. Then I watch 2K5 videos and I'm excited for what APF may be. But mostly I just want to see for my own eyes; it's not like I feel I'm going to learn something new

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
its painfully obvious what this has become

a glorified backwards compatible...that i have to pay $60 for and:

no NFL license
no franchise mode

i love 2k and all but this whole thing has soured me
And since you posted that in this thread, you're saying all that is painfully obvious b/c no info has come out yet?

Spank, I feel you in that last post man. Pretty much where I am. I don't need to see it, but I know a lot of people do... but I definitely want to see... something.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #68

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd argue that I think it is something they felt they should do. They've ignored the hardcore for a long time, now they're trying to make up for it. I'm more than willing to give them credit, but up until this year the roles were reversed. If they're laughing, are they laughing because they've gotten away with ignoring people for so long, they make a one year change and now they're being raised on shoulders for making some effort? While the company that did much of that in the past for longer is getting put down? I guess that's something to laugh at.
Isn't this about getting a game that is playable though? I see what you're saying. I'm sure there are some no-name developers that have wanted to put these things in Madden for some time, and when they see how successful the brand has become without them in it, they must laugh.

I praise 2K for their innovation (online leagues, presentation, gameplay). It's all there. And, it's the only reason I'll consider to buy their non-NFL game. I know they'll deliver. In fact, we already know they are doing things Madden hasn't even addressed.

Like you, I just want to see it in action.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 21

Venting is thearaputic (sp?) but the botom line is when the game hits the shelves next month, 99.9% of all the people in this thread, and on this board, will pick it up. Not having info is frustrating but it is not going to stop people from buying it once released.

Looking at it in that respect, why should they release any previews or info for us? They have a captive audience. They'd be preaching to the choir. In fact, all new videos could serve to do is turn people off...or away from the game because it was not what they expected or wanted. They are out a month before Madden so no need for them to inundate us all.

Listen, I wish they would as well...but where's the business case???

C
Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 5

I beg to differ. I for one am one of the many who are on the fence between buying it or not. I have been fed up with EA and Madden and have had high hopes for AP 2k8 but I cant make a decision if I dont see gameplay videos or anything.

I can read many previews and look at screen shots but I base my decisions heavily upon gameplay videos and such. It is just disapointing because Madden has a massive ammount of info and game play videos and that just makes me question AP.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

They may be scrambling to squeeze in another feature or gameplay tweak right now. It' very much down to the wire, as final code needs to be tested... Well, right about NOW to get it out on the 16th of July.

Should they stop to create videos or more screenshots? Actually, that would be nice, and not asking too much really, but it depends on manpower.

I'm more convinced all the time that 2K has a small development team doing APF 2K8, with a small budget, and little hope for serious advertising money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
They may be scrambling to squeeze in another feature or gameplay tweak right now. It' very much down to the wire, as final code needs to be tested... Well, right about NOW to get it out on the 16th of July.

Should they stop to create videos or more screenshots? Actually, that would be nice, and not asking too much really, but it depends on manpower.

I'm more convinced all the time that 2K has a small development team doing APF 2K8, with a small budget, and little hope for serious advertising money.
Thank You very much... This is about the most sane thing I've read about why we haven't seen any info since last week... If true hopefully it will be an enhancement everyone will be happy with

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »