Home

Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: IGN 7.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Might be more people but the quality of the games in Madden online is not worth remembering about.

I mean i still remember my online games since NFL2k5, because of the great gameplay.

Those online madden 56-52 games are a dime a dozen. if you like that kind of gameplay like you see all those madden players play in the tourneys, thats cool. But for myself, I like my offline and online football games to represent some kind of realism.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #34
Banned

jetsdynasty's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
personally i dont see too much problem w/ jetsdynasty's postings. i could see a sensitive person taking offense but he's not trolling IMHO.. it is a discussion board & he's posting a comparative opinion. wasn't name calling-- technically someone started up w/ him when they referred to his style of play as "pointless" & he just responded

in addition to the learning about the IGN rating here (which i dont think was bad), I actually didn't know you could play w/ just your created team (no 360), so i found his first post to be pretty useful. I don't think it sends the right msg when threads get locked so quick.

Understand these games are in conflict w/ one another-- i just wish we didnt always carry a collective chip on our shoulders as 2K fans.
Thank you puja, I wasnt bashing the game nor was i trying to start any conflict. Everyone is always so quick to get on the defensive if they dont agree with the person making the comment. I thought this was a message board were we could talk about games that we enjoy.

Here is my thing. I thought NFL 2K5 was "THE" best football game to every be made. So its not like i dont 2k games. NBA,NHL,MLB are all the best games in the represented sports. The reason i bought this game is because of that. I think the gameplay is amazing. I just want more out of my game. I want it all. I want a great playing game online and off. I want a franchise mode that i can play over and over. I want to draft my players from the NCAA. I want all these things and APF doesnt have it.

I bought 2k because 2K5 was the best. Im bringing it back for Madden because I want everything that APF doesnt have. I thought Madden 2007 was a good game. NOT great but, good. I didnt like it because everything that i wanted was not in the game. Franchise, Player Edits, and everything else that we have all loved about FOOTBALL games in the past. So, the fact that Madden 2008 will have all those features that were left out are back WITH BETTER GAMEPLAY from what ive seen in the videos.

So i hope this sums up why im chosing to trade it for madden. And to the person who said that it's like me ordering a cheese burger and getting mad that i got a cheese burger or whatever clever comment you said. I knew there was not franchise mode BUT, i didnt know that you couldnt play with any other team but your own. You cant watch your own team play. You cant play against your own team. You cant edit the generic players. I could keep going but, I think im rambling.

OK to sum up. I think APF's gameplay is still a great. I think NCAA made strong strides in there 2nd year. And if the gameplay is anything better than NCAA on Madden this year (and it is from what ive seen and heard) I will say it has the full package. And thats what im paying for. $60 is alot of money to spend on a video game (girlfriend tells me that all the time) and I want the WHOLE package. AGAIN my personal opinion.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 AM   #35
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

See my impressions in the PS3 thread for full details...

But I agree with u jets. I love 2k football and (after 1 day) I really like this game...but one of the main reasons why I loved 2k5 was b/c of how good it was offline and all the options, especially to control all teams.

I rented the game on my blockbuster pass and I will rent and play Madden too before making a choice on which one...but I still keep 2k5 as my fallback b/c it really is the "total package" football game. Not the perfect game, but with all of its options (especially on xbox w/ soundtracks and global editing to adjust players and schedules) and a graphics engine that was well ahead of its time, it is still the "total package" to-date.

Ev'one seems to be cutting back on offline features in the Next Gen, and ev'one has a reason/excuse...not enough dev. time, ev'one plays online ayway, etc. etc.

Also, people who play mainly online seem to take offense at guys who really enjoy and expect all the offline features we got last gen. There is no use in arguing with these people. It would be like us arguing with them not to care about online if there was less online features on Next gen than on last gen...we would be jerks if we argued that.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

"The fact that you cant play with one other than the team you made is a bad move for 2k. "

AMEN
Old 07-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #37
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I personally dont mind the review,and really wouldn't care if they gave it a 5. I am loving this game and have had a ball playing people online which is something I haven't done much with sports games. So since i've played very few online games with MLB2k, NBA2k, and 2k College Basketball, not nearly enough online time in those games to really get into it buying this game has really added something for me as far as gameplay. I understand taking off for no franchise and modes, but maybe im confused, wouldn't it being a Multiplayer game through and through make the lasting appeal greater?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #38
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Its cool guys, 2k holding off on all the good stuff for the next couple years to show the NFL what an amazing game this will be in 2k9. Why put all your eggs in one basket? You need the public to ask for more!!!! Get the public used to that you don't need a license to make a terrific game and show that pure, real football is what people really want. Its not about the stats and flashy new things you can do to custom your crib.

This game goes to the reason why I love football in the first place. My house is crazy right now with all the in house tournaments. Neighbors coming over wanting to be next to play Jerry Rice and Montana. It brings you back to your roots, because your playing gritty players like Earl Campbell stomping folks to Sweetness finesse spin moves. Its just like football season and training camp hasn't even started yet.

Believe it or not I havn't even gone online yet because I'm having too much fun making different types of teams and trying out all the gold players in all positions.

Just wait guys, there going to put dynamite stuff in the next couple games.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #39
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I have a BIG feeling 2k will patch this game and make major improvements to it an about 6 months People KEEP YOUR COPIES
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #40

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Review was kool. I mostly agree with everything he said. IMO the game is amazing on the field. The atmosphere and animations are unmatched. I had a tough time trying to get into NCAA after playing this for the last couple of days. I just need more. I don't think the game was planned out well for guys like me who don't do the online gaming much. Great game play, but off the field just doesn't match. Too many things are incomplete.
I think that says it all. The game was not planned out well. They placed great gameplay inside a very poorly wrapped package, with very poorly thought out external features.

Now, before some of you say, "Well, that's all I care about, great gameplay," if 2K is claiming that the success of this year's game will be the guage to see if they make another, it may be a very long time before we do see another 2K football game.

There is nothing in this game that reaches out to a newcomer, and that's a huge issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »