Home

I think its time for a divorce from EA football

This is a discussion on I think its time for a divorce from EA football within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Yup, I'm hilarious. I need my own sitcom
Just as long as you can read and comprehend the script, you should do just fine.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #74
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
You really need to stop bashing one game/company and just enjoy whatever game it is that you're playing.

We could point out endless things that one game does better/worse than the other game until our fingers fall off.

If I made a thread saying, boy, EA really did a better job at Franchise mode than 2K8, that would totally diminish how the gameplay is and start a flame war.

Just enjoy whatever game you pop into your system. No need for this.
I dont think I bashed EA I just pointed out that the on the field difference for me has brought me to a point where EA games are less rewarding on the field. I didnt come and say EA sucks and their game is trash... I like alot of things in the NCAA game but its comes across as diet football something just seems to be missing.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
The reason for my divorce from EA football is a simple one. Too often I felt cheated by the game. By this I mean super human acts by the CPU team which seem to be a part of EA's football engine.
That is part of my reason too. I have not bought an EA Madden game since the Nintendo 64 Saturn. I have played them over the years but I have not bought one. I have only bought NCAA for the 360 last year and that is the only EA football game I have bought since the N64. It was a pretty decent game.

APF2K8 roxxors mah boxxors!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I personally never did this. I'm sure some people have in the past and I'm not here to defend them one way or the other.

But I'll tell you this. I the great debate (2K vs. EA), 2K fans GENERALLY have more experience with EA's games than the other way around. I think this is a generally accepted concept, and as such they can and will compare each product. in fact, alot of 2K fans(such as myself) are in actuality frustrated EA fans. What you are seeing are varying levels of that frustration.
I completely agree with that statement.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #77
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
blah blah blah.

bottom line is people need to stop treating these games like they are their own kids. People just can't understand why one person enjoys or hates a game while you can have a complete opposite opinion. And why in the hell do people get attacked jsut becasue they dont like the game. LOL.

I wanted to know which store gave the most money for a trade-in and its automatically assumed that i am bashing the game. And the Troll names and fanboys start flying. ?are you kidding me?. Not knowing Y i am trading the game in you all assume that someone is bashing YOUR game and you need to come out in defense. Let go. Everyone doesn't need to like the same game you like.

BUT WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A POST ABOUT EA FOOTBALL IN A 2K FORUM BOGGLES MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cannot be that naive...lol
I think you missed my point... I love football I have been playing/coaching football most of my life, I have been playing football videogames that same amount of time.... I have bought EA games all the time I like alot of things about EA's game but there seems to be somehting missing and when I play APF 2k8 I now see what those things are, and its so obvious that it has tarnished my enjoyment of what I feel is a excellent game (NCAA 2008). Overall polish wise EA still puts out a pretty top notch game. There are little things frontend non gameplay wise that they do well. With the right type of opponent you will definately get alot of enjoyment out of the EA games hence me playing in the the OS Legends season on operation sports. These guys play the right way. But its too easy for the game to go in the wrong direction IMO. Its like you have to force the game to be SIM... its intent may have been to simulate real football but there seems to be things missing... If that offends someone then lock the thread. I have been here long enough for people to know that I not a person looking for a Internet Fight.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I think you missed my point... I love football I have been playing/coaching football most of my life, I have been playing football videogames that same amount of time.... I have bought EA games all the time I like alot of things about EA's game but there seems to be somehting missing and when I play APF 2k8 I now see what those things are, and its so obvious that it has tarnished my enjoyment of what I feel is a excellent game (NCAA 2008). Overall polish wise EA still puts out a pretty top notch game. There are little things frontend non gameplay wise that they do well. With the right type of opponent you will definately get alot of enjoyment out of the EA games hence me playing in the the OS Legends season on operation sports. These guys play the right way. But its too easy for the game to go in the wrong direction IMO. Its like you have to force the game to be SIM... its intent may have been to simulate real football but there seems to be things missing... If that offends someone then lock the thread. I have been here long enough for people to know that I not a person looking for a Internet Fight.
Word.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't understand why some of you guys are against comparing the games. Doesn't it seem pretty stupid to not be able to compare two different football video games in a football video game forum?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #80
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
I don't understand why some of you guys are against comparing the games. Doesn't it seem pretty stupid to not be able to compare two different football video games in a football video game forum?

I agree with this as long as the conversation is intelligent or at least thought out, instead of a rant or rave. The comparisons are inevitable because they're both football titles from companies that are competing for our football gaming dollar... so of course, when we're playing two (or more) different football titles, we're going to make comparisons between the two and think about what we like or don't like about each title. The problems come when someone jumps into the conversation, just to stir the pot.

Last edited by nxt; 07-26-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »