Home

APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 PM   #129
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
It is not really a bias, it is my simple and honest belief that 2k/vc makes better sports games than ea but get no respect for doing so, by those in the online,mainstream video mag circles.

Again, when madden had no franchise or gameplay or anything for 06 on next gen, what were the overall scores?

To your live and 2k question. How long has 2k made better basketball games than live? Let's not just compare live and nba 2k, let's also go to march madness and college hoops. How long has it been since 2k closed the gap in the basketball games. When did 2k's bb games start getting higher scores, for how long? I say since about the first college hoops game, the one with Jay williams on the front, 2k has been just as good as and if not better than mm. I also say, since about nba 2k1 the basketball was just as good or if not better, but the scores as I remember them never really reflected this.

Now, let's be real, I would say that madden outsells, all of the basketball games both college and pro's combined. So it only stands to reason that ea will go the extra mile to insure that madden stays on top. I firmly believe that ea saw the writing on the wall, and that writing was saying that if we don't do something, madden will no longer have a strangle hold on the football market. ea knew it, and saw it, to me their fans just don't.

Also, people always say the nfl should take just as much blame for the license, I don't agree. Why? because ea did not just stop at the nfl, they also got the afl license, attempted to get the nba license, and whatever other license that they don't already own. The question is why? Answer? See the "writing on the wall portion of this post".
Why do you care so much about the scores? Who gives a flying *earmuffs*? Seriously, they are video games. People have different preferences, reviewers have different preferences. This is the only forum where this matters so much. In the end, who cares? Why would anyone waste time thinking about this, and think their is a bias anywhere? Who cares? It's video games.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #130
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Now, let's be real, I would say that madden outsells, all of the basketball games both college and pro's combined. So it only stands to reason that ea will go the extra mile to insure that madden stays on top. I firmly believe that ea saw the writing on the wall, and that writing was saying that if we don't do something, madden will no longer have a strangle hold on the football market. ea knew it, and saw it, to me their fans just don't.
Nova.... as obvious as this is to you and I.... opponents/folks don't have to accept it b/c EA effectively eliminated the possibility ever happening... so our conjecture can never be proved....

PS.... However, that in itself is evidence...

Last edited by xrams; 08-13-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #131
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

This isn't even about APF to me. Bottom line is that Madden is viewed far less critical than other games.....even it's sister NCAA games. Even if the scores are similar, I find the tone of Madden's reviews to be much more positive and optimistic. It's flaws....glossed over(instead they focus on trivial crap to dock it). I like Madden, not as much as APF but it's a servicable NFL fix. But I can definately see the bias it gets from the big time reviewers.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was listenging to gamenight on ESPN radio tonight and Trey Wingo was talking to guy about the huge hype and the Madden 08 release. The guy asked Wingo if he was excited about it and Wingo said he wasn't much of a videogamer but he was a beast at that other NFL football game when it was out and played it a lot.
I wonder which one he was referring to?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #133
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Why do you care so much about the scores? Who gives a flying *earmuffs*? Seriously, they are video games. People have different preferences, reviewers have different preferences. This is the only forum where this matters so much. In the end, who cares? Why would anyone waste time thinking about this, and think their is a bias anywhere? Who cares? It's video games.
People have a right to voice their opinion. IMO, Madden receives lush treatment in it's reviews. Whether you agree with me or not, what do I care.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
I can tell you the majority of everything that was wrong with 2k5 (I still play it). When 2k fans speak, people jump to the irrational conclusion that we are saying that 2k games are perfect and madden games are not. No, that is not the case, I know 2k games are not perfect, no video game is perfect, my only contention is that what madden and 2k set out to do, and that is to provide video gamers with a rendition of the nfl that they see on tv, 2k does it better and has done it better or just as good (before 2k5) since the beginning, they just don't get the acknowledgment by the main stream video game reviewers. Heck, they practically had to give 2k5 away just so maddenites would even look at it! Once they did look, some of them got the picture, that is when and why ea pulled the plug.
I am going to agree with that. I am a 2k fan. I am one becuase they put out great games. 2k5 had its faults. Some of them were very very big faults (Hi,dline glitch and ******** DB animation), but you could see the greatness that the game had. When i play EA football games, i dont see the potential. Gameplay to me was just bland and boring. Its like it had no atmosphere.

I do know one thing, if 2k was still to make football games and were able to push EA to make better games, both fans of EA and 2k would have benefited. The way it is now no one does. You have die hard 2k fans that hate EA football left with no NFL football game. You know it was hard for me. I played just about every football game that came out since Tecmo Bowl on the original nintendo.

I am glad i have a choice now, and i am very very satisified with my choice. I hope in the future we have more choices. Like i said before, this is good for all football gamers.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #135
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
It is not really a bias, it is my simple and honest belief that 2k/vc makes better sports games than ea but get no respect for doing so, by those in the online,mainstream video mag circles.

Again, when madden had no franchise or gameplay or anything for 06 on next gen, what were the overall scores?

To your live and 2k question. How long has 2k made better basketball games than live? Let's not just compare live and nba 2k, let's also go to march madness and college hoops. How long has it been since 2k closed the gap in the basketball games. When did 2k's bb games start getting higher scores, for how long? I say since about the first college hoops game, the one with Jay williams on the front, 2k has been just as good as and if not better than mm. I also say, since about nba 2k1 the basketball was just as good or if not better, but the scores as I remember them never really reflected this.

Also, people always say the nfl should take just as much blame for the license, I don't agree. Why? because ea did not just stop at the nfl, they also got the afl license, attempted to get the nba license, and whatever other license that they don't already own. The question is why? Answer? See the "writing on the wall portion of this post".
Wow. Talk about a series of major reaches.

So EA only gets bias for Madden games, because of football's strong sales. And the NFL is not to blame for their exclusive deal, even though that's the NFL's preffered way of business and they put their license up for bid?

Madden had franchise in 06 did thay not? And how does comparing scores from a launch title 2 years ago, with a game now make sense. Tecmo Bowl may have gotten a 10, 15 years ago, but what would it get now?

I failed to find a review of the basketball games, where EA's games outscored 2k's. That goes back at least 4 or 5 years.

Sorry the bias crap and blaming EA for buying licenses is silly and has no weight.

It's just easier to blame EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #136
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

This is how bad it's gotten in the 2k camp. Which I used to support. You're making me defend EA. I feel dirty. But damn, reality time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »