Home

Sadly It's Over

This is a discussion on Sadly It's Over within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:55 AM   #89
Pro

madscientist's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sadly It's Over

I know that many have already stated this, but the thing that would make this the ultimate would be unlimited customization. I want an editor like Forza 2, only with the ability to import images for us that have no artistic abilities. There is no reason to limit us to x amount of teams per profile either. This is one of the best, most challenging football titles I have ever played, and if they were to tighten up control on the defensive side of the ball this would be a must buy for me every year.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #90
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
You thought wrong my friend. I bought it because of the legendary QB's like Marino, Montana, Elway, Young, etc.... I'm certainly not a hardcore 2K fan as I never even purchased another version of the NFL series past 2K1 on the Dreamcast.
I have to say I'm enjoying this game much more than Madden 08, which I'll be selling on Ebay shortly.
Sell it soon, I just got 53 bucks for it.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #91
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Clearly the writer of this article has no clue how business works, nor has any clue about projections in marketing and sales.
I think she should just refrain from writing anything about the video game industry, and use her little bird brain instead to write about dating sites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #92
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
No, because I don't think they did. The only measure they failed was if people were holding them to unrealistic expectations of having a breakaway hit.

In reality, they were going to be out of the game for 5 years, but want to get back in at some point because they (and many of us) believe they offer a superior football experience to the competition. At some point they'd have to resume development of a football title or they'd be 5 years out of the game when the license renews and with no tangible product to show they'd probably have no shot. Now they've got a product out there that can recoup year one's development costs. Whether or not they choose to release a product next year is up to them, they never made the promise that this would be an annual series. They can continue development and release at least one more game before the license comes up, again recouping some of their costs and hopefully impressing upon the NFL that there is room for more than one football game. By that measure this game can hardly be deemed a failure.
the idea of making a game to impress the nfl is laughable. The license is gone. The NFL and EA have expressed great pleasure in their exclusive arrangement, and now ESPN in on board with both as well. They rack up tons of cash, all three of them. The NFL license won't be back up for grabs for a long time.

VC should have instead stepped out and made a game that was more focused for the people they wanted to sell it to. The legends idea only goes so far to bring in the additional buyers outside of the hardcore fans who were going to get it anyways.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the idea of making a game to impress the nfl is laughable. The license is gone. The NFL and EA have expressed great pleasure in their exclusive arrangement, and now ESPN in on board with both as well. They rack up tons of cash, all three of them. The NFL license won't be back up for grabs for a long time.
I think you missed my point, its not about "impressing" the NFL in so much as the NFL will take notice of the game and switch licensees. Its about proving that they can still make a worthy title and that they haven't been sitting on their duffs for 5 or more years waiting for the license to come up. They need to have something tangible to show they aren't starting over from scratch which was EA's goal in this - basically to make all their competition sit out this generation of consoles.

But make no mistake, the NFL license will be up for grabs when the contract ends. The NFL has no loyalty when it comes to these things, this isn't a "partnership" in the traditional sense. They've proven it in the past with longtime broadcast "partners", they are going to do whatever brings them the most money. Period. And trust me, when that license comes up they are going to have EA bent over a barrel.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #94
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

i loved having legends but would like it if they decided to do without, make a franchise with all generic players, improve some graphics and add to the great animations and presentation, I would buy for next year or in 2 years
Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #95
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
I think you missed my point, its not about "impressing" the NFL in so much as the NFL will take notice of the game and switch licensees. Its about proving that they can still make a worthy title and that they haven't been sitting on their duffs for 5 or more years waiting for the license to come up. They need to have something tangible to show they aren't starting over from scratch which was EA's goal in this - basically to make all their competition sit out this generation of consoles.

But make no mistake, the NFL license will be up for grabs when the contract ends. The NFL has no loyalty when it comes to these things, this isn't a "partnership" in the traditional sense. They've proven it in the past with longtime broadcast "partners", they are going to do whatever brings them the most money. Period. And trust me, when that license comes up they are going to have EA bent over a barrel.
Even if we assume you're entirely correct, how does this help TT/VC? There's no concievable way their pockets could be as deep as EA's.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »