Home

Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

This is a discussion on Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Last night was a prime example of what makes me mad about the game. I ran a blitz, Carson goes right up the middle untouched. He takes the 90 step drop back, why does Carson allow him to throw the pass. He was right on him and because his arm moves Carson just stops and does some kinda pause/strafe. He gets the pass off. It was a short pass but it turned into a TD gainer.
2K5 had that same problem.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

You are right on with that, LBZ. If QBs are going to drop back at the rate that online Randall users do, they need to turn and run like corners have to do, which means, of course, that they'll be in NO position to throw the ball. In fact, they should be flat on their keesters. I hope beyond hope that they take care of this for next year's version, 'cause as it is, this issue only encourages online players to play with Randall, drop back tons, and throw bombs, and that can ruin an otherwise fun and interesting game.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You are right on with that, LBZ. If QBs are going to drop back at the rate that online Randall users do, they need to turn and run like corners have to do, which means, of course, that they'll be in NO position to throw the ball. In fact, they should be flat on their keesters. I hope beyond hope that they take care of this for next year's version, 'cause as it is, this issue only encourages online players to play with Randall, drop back tons, and throw bombs, and that can ruin an otherwise fun and interesting game.
He is by far the QB that I have faced the most. It's not even a contest. I think I have faced Montana twice and I have played 50 games. I've faced Johnny Unitas 1 time. Steve Grogan a couple of times and Elway a couple of times. But primarily it's been Randall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

if they run backwards, the entire field should be grayed out.

Since they're not looking upwards, there's no way they should see who's open.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #53
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The super dropback kills me. People who do it with Cunningham basically negate the presence of legends up front. I've had to turn to an loaded secondary and rely on getting breakups and picks to stop that kind of offense. It's a crying shame, though.

I agree, this is a big problem. I hope that 2K does something about this issue. They could implement the following:

1) A system which requires you to cycle through your receivers (similar to EA's vision cone). This would allow the DL/LB more time to reach the QB.

2) If you are running backwards, your passing icons should fade out, and once you look back up field, you should have to wait three seconds or so before your passing icons re-appear (allowing the defenders to track you down).

3) If you drop back further than the play diagram (1-7 steps), the DE's should get a rush boost and your accuracy should take a big hit, along with your fatigue. The further back you drop, the DE'S (good pass rushers) should make you pay.

4) If you scramble to the left or right; the side you scramble to should have larger passing icons, and the opposite side should have smaller ones, or fade out. This would allow the defense to flow to that side and limit his options. If Randal throws to the opposite side with the smaller icons (on receivers), he should take a big accuracy hit.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 24

I actually just fired up this game this weekend and created a Steelers team (all legends are current Steelers players) and started a season and am loving it. 3 games in and each game has been something different. This game is so much more realistic than Madden or NCAA on so many different levels. I can't even begin to compare the two. I may not even go back to NCAA (never bought Madden).

My stats are all great and there aren't too many turnovers (great #, actually). My only complaint is the CPU stats for the other teams.

I may bring the team online or jump back online at some point but right now I'm just getting back into APF.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

i got bored with it. and then NBA 2k8 came out, so i was fine for awhile but thats boring me now because its still football season so i came back to APF and it was still kinda boring me.now i know why its dan and peter i'm so sick of these two dudes.i had to cut them off. now its fun again.just the sounds of the game made a big difference.i hope they get new commentators next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Amazing that so many are having problems with him... I found Randall Cunningham to be slow and woefully inaccurate, whether throwing from within or without the pocket.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »