Home

Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

This is a discussion on Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

Still loving it. I put it in the day it came out, and literally haven't taken it out of my PS3 since. I've played almost exclusively online and am continuing to have different types of games and see different things. I think one key is to use multiple teams and another is to use multiple plays. I've got a squad full of guys I never see online and I'm enjoying seeing what different guys are capable of.

There are just a couple of things that have gotten old to me. One is the screen pass, and the other is the hot route slant to the outside. Oh, and the last is Cunningham. Other than that, I'm thoroughly engrossed in and impressed with this offering. I can't wait till 2k9!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

I got bored with this game over a month ago. It was already mentioned in this thread that there is not much depth to the game play and I agree. The DB AI is terrible and if it is not improved I am not interested in APF 2K9.

So far this year there are two decent hockey games, one good basketball game, one average and one good baseball game, but unfortunately football is a flop. Maybe Backbreaker will be ultimate football simulation next year.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 10-05-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 AM   #27
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I got bored with this game over a month ago. It was already mentioned in this thread that there is not much depth to the game play and I agree. The DB AI is terrible and if it is not improved I am not interested in APF 2K9.

So far this year there are two decent hockey games, one good basketball game, one average and one good baseball game, but unfortunately football is a flop. Maybe Backbreaker will be ultimate football simulation next year.
DB AI isn't bad its just held back by the penalty slider. It will not cover as well as long as it is trying to avoid a penalty. If you mess around with the penalty sliders there are a ton of gameplay elements that keep the game back because the AI seems to be trying to avoid penalties and not playing fully. They should just leave the AI to play and if the AI makes 20 penalites so be it we will just adjust it down as to no call so much.

Unfortunately we can't adjust this for online play.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
DB AI isn't bad its just held back by the penalty slider. It will not cover as well as long as it is trying to avoid a penalty. If you mess around with the penalty sliders there are a ton of gameplay elements that keep the game back because the AI seems to be trying to avoid penalties and not playing fully. They should just leave the AI to play and if the AI makes 20 penalites so be it we will just adjust it down as to no call so much.

Unfortunately we can't adjust this for online play.
I think the penalty slider helps out alot, but three other things need work with the DB's. One is animation choice for defending the pass. Two I would say their deep zone logic of turning their back and just running up the field, and finally I would say, STOP dropping all the interceptions and giving the person on offense another chance to burn you. Interceptions are critical in this and defensively you need that ball so you can get off the field.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #29
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think the penalty slider helps out alot, but three other things need work with the DB's. One is animation choice for defending the pass. Two I would say their deep zone logic of turning their back and just running up the field, and finally I would say, STOP dropping all the interceptions and giving the person on offense another chance to burn you. Interceptions are critical in this and defensively you need that ball so you can get off the field.
That is why my sliders in our league make defense so important.

With blocking at 0 it forces the QB to make quicker reads OR to get out the pocket and get rid of the ball.

Then with Coverage at 100, Pursuit at 100 and INT at 100 the defense will make you pay. If they get two hands on it. It will be picked. So on that note I am happy with how I made the defense play. The thing I dislike is the control you have over the defense. To often it takes you FOREVER to make your guy try to make a play on the ball.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Right now there is so many games, its hard to play them all. I bought Bioshock on release and neglected it due to APF. I recently started playing Bio a little, Then Halo3 came out. Played that some, then NBA2k8 came out.

There is just way to many good games out there. Got Fifa 08, i really enjoyed the demo. Guitar Hero 3 in a few weeks, then Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Rock Band. Thats just this year I am going to be so broke.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #31
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Right now there is so many games, its hard to play them all. I bought Bioshock on release and neglected it due to APF. I recently started playing Bio a little, Then Halo3 came out. Played that some, then NBA2k8 came out.

There is just way to many good games out there. Got Fifa 08, i really enjoyed the demo. Guitar Hero 3 in a few weeks, then Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Rock Band. Thats just this year I am going to be so broke.
me to then that is not including all my PC buys

Crysis
COD 4
spore
ect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

I am going deeper into my playbook. I am playing with the near and far formations. I am also using compression that I learned from maddentips.com guys. The change of formations really confuse online players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »