Home

A message for 2K Sports

This is a discussion on A message for 2K Sports within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
A message for 2K Sports

I have been playing video games for a long time. Since the days of the Atari 2600. I have seen the football game genre improve a lot since then Basically, what I want to say is this. I am deeply saddened about what has happened with the College Hoops Franchise now since it has been canned thanks to the underhanded tactics of _A. Anyway, I hope that you make APF 2K9 so realistic, every feature so blown out that E_ suffers for years to come. I am sorry for venting, it is just sad that this is happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: A message for 2K Sports

Co-Sign. This crap is getting ridiculous. This is what happens when one company gets too big and is unchecked by business law. They create monopolies till there is no competition left and hold the consumers hostage to their inferior products.

If there was ever a year that a boycott needed to be put on buying EA sports games, this year is it. Someone needs to put out a commercial comparing the games EA makes to 2K then inform the public of what EA is trying to do and how it affects the industry overall. They need to also shame the NFL, NCAA, MLB, etc for allowing these "exclusivity deals". The fans of these leagues make them rich, then they thank us by offering backdoor "exclusivity" deals to the highest bidder and give a gaint F*** you to the consumers as a reward for supporting these leagues.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

if you're going to hate EA, at least hate them for being a well oiled machine. They aren't a monopoly for buying rights to specific leagues.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I honestly believe APF is probably next up on the chopping block. According to Gamestop, the game failed to sell 200,000 copies (PS3 and 360 combined) in the United States. That, and the MLB 3rd party rights, are the main reasons 2K is in the mess that they're in.

So, I'd like to thank APF for taking my College Hoops away from me.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not a fan of EA either, but the people to be mad at are the NCAA, the NFL, PGA, NASCAR, FIFA, FIA and other sports leagues for signing exclusivity contracts with them. You can't be mad at EA for buying the licenses when it's offered to them. Most of you know I'm no EA fanboy, but I don't understand the pure hatred for EA over this move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
Rookie

aenggeorge's Arena

OVR: 5

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
I honestly believe APF is probably next up on the chopping block. According to Gamestop, the game failed to sell 200,000 copies (PS3 and 360 combined) in the United States. That, and the MLB 3rd party rights, are the main reasons 2K is in the mess that they're in.

So, I'd like to thank APF for taking my College Hoops away from me.
Disagree with this.

Football is the bread winner......there is no doubt about that and any future success that 2K Sports will come from a future football franchise. I honestly believe APF2K8 was 2K's attempt to get back in the football game on next gen--update gameplay, graphics, online capabilities. Everything else is gravy. 200,000 copies is extremely dissapointing but I don't think alot could've been expected for a game without a NFL license. I just don't think a huge immediate profit was the goal of APF2K8. I think the goal is that when the license does expire, 2K can give the NFL a legit reason on why the license should be shared.

I don't think it's valid to absolve EA from blame here for 2 HUGE reasons in particular----

1. They started this exclusive license sports gaming world we're in....starting with the PGA and Nascar.

2. Most of their games are subpar. They show willingness to buy licenses, but they don't show that same willingness to improve their games. How many years could you roll out of the pocket at will in NCAA. 10? 15? C'mon.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Honestly I think take 2 should just sell its sports division to someone who isnt frightened of the NFL and just flat out make the winning eleven of american football games. VC's hands were tied as they couldnt do anythign to piss off the NFL because take 2 wanted to stay on their good side. So customization went out the window. being able to make a league with 32 team, or teams with 54 players even went out the window. Take 2 needs to a, grow some balls, or b, sell the sports division with a company who is willing to do something with it because the talented guys ate visual concepts are just going to waste.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »