Home

How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

This is a discussion on How close could 2k make a generic NFL League! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

If 2k goes full customization hopefully they add the following things.
1. Create a stadium or select a stadium. Dome, open, hole in roof.
2. Field types - grass, artificial, grassmaster like Pittsburgh and Denver 95%grass 5% artificial and natural grass with the baseball diamond.
3. Expand on accesories like bicep braces, elbow braces, etc.
4. Create a player with long hair options for braids, dredlocks, long curly hair ex J. Shockey
Old 02-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 16

If I am TT, I am making an editor that is incredibly deep, and allows you to edit/customize everything. At the same time, this should be ridiculously easy to use.

It should have "templates" for teams, players, stadiums, etc., that anyone could take and edit easily.

It should take a minimal amount of time and effort to recreate a past season.

We should not only be able to create players, but we should be able to edit their career stats as well.

Can you imagine taking over the 1990 Lions and seeing how far you could go with Barry Sanders. Maybe you could set a record that Emmitt would have never been able to touch.

Make it happen TT!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 3

Bottom line, as mentioned by many earlier posters, the key would be for 2K to do just as PES/Winning Eleven has done for years AND what the ea ncaa football series has done for years! like pes/winning eleven, make the names of teams, stadiums, city of team, etc. - generic AND just as ea ncaa football has done for years, just make all personal stats similar to the real life players (height, ethnicity, age, jersey number).....THEN, simply give the gamers the ability to edit and customize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just wonder why year in and year out video gamers tell companies what they want and it falls on deaf ears. We all just told 2k what needs to be done to get people to buy their game. We will find out soon!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #37
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
It baffles me that 2K wasn't able to do something like this for APF. Honestly, if PES was able to thrive for years with their customization skills without ticking off FIFA (which is a massive global organization), why can't 2K learn and do something similar?

Like I've said in other posts, I think 2K got cute with APF to try to appease the NFL and stay in their good graces in case the license was available. Now that that hope is gone, there's no reason to play softball anymore.
i think 2k was being cautious because they didnt want to take any chance in making the NFL mad b/c they wanted to take a shot at the NFL license (i'm pretty sure someone from 2k said that back when 2k8 was coming out)

not that they dont have to worry about that for a while, i hope (if they make an APF 2k9 or 2k10) that we'll see a customization tool similar to PES
Old 02-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #38
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

how about a fully custom high school game.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #39
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
It baffles me that 2K wasn't able to do something like this for APF. Honestly, if PES was able to thrive for years with their customization skills without ticking off FIFA (which is a massive global organization), why can't 2K learn and do something similar?

Like I've said in other posts, I think 2K got cute with APF to try to appease the NFL and stay in their good graces in case the license was available. Now that that hope is gone, there's no reason to play softball anymore.
well for whatever reason APF was pretty much rushed. They even said they only had like a year to do all the work, and then on top of that, they wanted to tip toe around to not piss off the nfl. The NFL is way too friendly with lawyers. You can't even advertise superbowl parties, and have to say "the big game". It's no shock that 2k wanted to avoid pissing off the nfl when they were hoping to get a license back.

Maybe FIFA holds the opposite view, that even people imitating their license with customizable games are still fans. The people that actively seek out custom league files and such are big enough fans to support the league in more ways than just buying a videogame.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Oh yeah, there would definately be some brawls amongst the roster makers here........But that would be half the fun.
It would definitely be enjoyable. And I think everyone would get caught up in contributing.

I still feel the game's primary focus should be on the core game that exists. And we have to accept that the game should be APF first, psuedo-NFL game second. That's not to say I wouldn't want to see as much customization as possible - I think someone else brought up that if possible, perhaps there should be a distinction between the online and offline game. Where the offline is much more liberal in terms of customization while online is more or less and improved version of what's currently in place to maintain competitive balance. It's not ideal either way, and it's a serious uphill battle. But that needs to be understood and accepted. I think placing primary focus on making it an NFL game leaves it vulnerable to being "unnecessary" once EA/Tiburon gets their act straight.

But is that something gamers can accept... that's the question

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »