Home

The Little Things

This is a discussion on The Little Things within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #25
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Little Things

1. Bad snaps- Punting from my 15 yard line and the snapper sends one sailing over my punter into the endzone. My kicker trys to kick it and it bobbles around only to have one of my other players come in and fall on it for the saftey. Amazing!

2. Emmitt tears off a 30 yard TD run against me and runs through the back of the endzone pointing up to the fans and holding the ball high and tight as he always did back in his glory days. Very cool!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Player cutscenes I remember one game I was playing the Ironmen offline & I was giving there receivers a good cushion & all of a sudden Irvin Fryer(I think)calls out my CB's saying they suck because there giving them a big cushion
Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

In the second game I played, the receiver was running a curl when my corner hit him right when the ball got there popping it into the air. The receiver is on his stomach and the ball lands on his back only to have it scooped up by Ronnie Lott (off his back with no clipping) for a touchdown.
It also took me close to two hours to land a blind-sided bone crusher on a receiver with Ronnie Lott in practice mode, but it was worth it.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Rod is dangerous. I decided to go after him once in our game, and luckily for me he blitzed ;-). Of course my generic dropped the ball, lol. He's also a beast against the run--he got Payton a couple of times in our last game and caught me by surprise.

I have seen that one-handed thing by Hayes a couple of times--it must be the animation they give to the guy who made stick-em famous. There's no way that ball gets caught without a gallon of the sticky stuff.
I guess Simpson had some of that "Sticky Stuff" in our last game eh!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Had another great game against Mason, and I saw a play I've never seen before in hundreds of games. Cunningham took the snap and dropped back to pass. I was in coverage and didn't see that Sanders had moved up and into position for a shovel pass, but my DL got such good penetration that two guys were in Cunningham's face by the time he was in position to pitch the ball. He made the pitch, and it went right into my fatass DT's hands, who then ran it in for the score.

I love how it's always something different each time you play.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 55

I got one for ya: I was playing last night with Jack Lambert manually nearly the whole night and tallied a bunch of interceptions. This is rare for me using him. He usually does a really good job of "knocking the ball down" with 2 hands. Anyway, I had one interception that was just unreal. My opponent ran a drag route with his WR in a spread formation from the left on the field to the right. Well, I manually chased the drag and under pressure he lobs it in the air hoping to hit his WR in stride. Instead Lambert runs stride for stride with him and snags the ball fully extended with one hand running full stride! He takes the ball back for 6 points! It was the only time I've EVER seen this animation and it was really rewarding to have it happen manually.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Glad that didn't happen against me! I had a sort of similar game with the Boz. He picked two in a game (which never happens), and at least one of them I got myself in much the same way. I was trailing a drag route and the throw was just close enough to attempt the pick. I was shocked when he came down with it.

I think it would be fun to watch Lambert pick one. With those big mitts he should come down with more than he does, but he does look a little clumsy out there with his hands. I think he wants to hit the ball rather than catch it; it's more in his nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I like it when, on passes over the middle, the WR runs THROUGH the ball, so to speak, to make the catch, instead of morphing into some unrealistic animation where he spins away from the ball, yet drifts towards the ball and makes the catch while in mid-spin.

Andre Reed had a couple of awesome grabs for me today over the middle, including an awesome 1-handed snag, and it was due to him running through the ball, not stopping on a dime and doing a spin.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »