Home

Encouraging news regarding APF2K10?

This is a discussion on Encouraging news regarding APF2K10? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #41
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Encouraging news regarding APF2K10?

You know, I'd like to see a study of the role that age plays in whether an APF fan likes the legends idea. I would bet that the older players like me (age 41) would like legends more than the younger folks, because we grew up watching them every Sunday. Roger Staubach, Randy White, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell and those guys interest me much more than the current crop of NFL stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 55

I'm 22 and I love the legends idea. I like history overall, though. It makes sense history + Football = good for me.

I guess what gets me beyond that is the balanced setup and variety of team strategies. When I play madden I feel like everything is the same outside of the jerseys.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #43
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I guess what gets me beyond that is the balanced setup and variety of team strategies. When I play madden I feel like everything is the same outside of the jerseys.
I had never thought of it before, but now that I do, I agree.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm 30 and I like the legends too because it takes me back to the Tecmo Super Bowl era.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 6

would be nice to see for sure i think the gameplay and the onfield presentation is what i love about it but they for sure must add franchise and 32 teams fully costomizable if they released on pc it would outsell madden cause the iff files they use can be modded then no need for nfl lic the online community would make it the choice of many to purchase if they follow that line of thinking i have no problem paying full price as long as it has eather ip to ip play or online franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'm 22 and I love the legends idea. I like history overall, though. It makes sense history + Football = good for me.

You just described Madden to a T.

As for the legends, I loved them in 2k8. Being able to play as some of my favorite 49ers was great (Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Rathman, etc). I grew up in N. California in the 80s when SF was running through the NFL (god I miss those days). 2k8 gives me chance to relive those.

However, if a new 2k football game is made, I would like 2k to leave them out. Make the game 100% customizable. Let us fully edit the rosters, import helmet logos (via system HDD), totally edit the uniform, design our own stadium, etc. A game like that, sold for $30, would be amazing. The engine is already done, just make some tweaks to it. Improve the graphics, and give it a strong advertising push and I think they could be on to something.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 16

all generic game with generics "loosely based" off of rela life nfl teams players..

i agree with the poster above, besides different jerseys.....every team in madden feels the same
Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #48
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
But as bad as I want a another 2k football game. I just don't see it happening any time soon. Which is really really really sad!! and depressing
Agreed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »