Home

New APF Football Editor

This is a discussion on New APF Football Editor within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 01:13 PM   #73
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New APF Football Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
If you look at that team name section i mentioned it only seems to have up to created team 8
From your other post, I figured that the team name wasn't possible, but was curious to see if you could redirect to just the other stuff (logo/uniform and color palette). I guess they're connected and can't be redirected to a team that technically doesn't exist. It was worth a shot. Still hope you can figure out some more stuff with the uniforms and logos.

Last edited by theDude47; 01-10-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #74
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
From your other post, I figured that the team name wasn't possible, but was curious to see if you could redirect to just the other stuff (logo/uniform and color palette). I guess they're connected and can't be redirected to a team that technically doesn't exist. It was worth a shot. Still hope you can figure out some more stuff with the uniforms and logos.

Yeah, I'm not sure where those unknown palettes and logos names exist right now.

Oh well, I'll keep this handy because it may come to use down the road.

I stumbled upon it while searching for the full city name like Philadelphia for the Americans. Do you happen to know if someone has already uncovered the offsets in the team sections where the stadium offsets are that mess with the cities?

I haven't been able to locate this for some reason.

Also the toggle of cpu to user looks to be working by just replacing the number is the 02 spot from 00 for cpu to 02 for user. I'm not sure what the other two values 06 03 are needed for. Do you know if you gain or lose anything by not putting those other two numbers in?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #75
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure where those unknown palettes and logos names exist right now.

Oh well, I'll keep this handy because it may come to use down the road.

I stumbled upon it while searching for the full city name like Philadelphia for the Americans. Do you happen to know if someone has already uncovered the offsets in the team sections where the stadium offsets are that mess with the cities?

I haven't been able to locate this for some reason.

Also the toggle of cpu to user looks to be working by just replacing the number is the 02 spot from 00 for cpu to 02 for user. I'm not sure what the other two values 06 03 are needed for. Do you know if you gain or lose anything by not putting those other two numbers in?
The stadium offset stuff has been pretty unknown except to those guys at RateSports who refused to share the information with the rest of us. There might be someone else out there that knows how to switch them around, but they haven't broadcasted it.

When it comes to the 06 03 stuff, AVONFTW was the only person that I know that discovered it. He must have thought it meant something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 3

When this comes out I will be creating a Fictional league roster hopefully!
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #77
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
The stadium offset stuff has been pretty unknown except to those guys at RateSports who refused to share the information with the rest of us. There might be someone else out there that knows how to switch them around, but they haven't broadcasted it.

When it comes to the 06 03 stuff, AVONFTW was the only person that I know that discovered it. He must have thought it meant something.

This stuff takes so much time to uncover, I can somewhat see why those RateSports guys kept things secret.

I'm willing to share any knowledge because it will help the community and we can all create many wonderful things in a fraction of the time. I was frustrated not getting any information from others as well and had to force myself to spend countless hours learning how to do everything to create these editors.

With that said, I've got the stadiums done, but that section has the team name, city abbreviation, number, stadiums, uniform, cpu toggle, and I'm certain more. It's very similar to the player attribute sections and these are where the pointers to all the good stuff is located. Changing each of these numbers will show movements in all of these names so Americans may become mericans for example.

I've been trying to hit a section which causes the team city to change in the game but haven't found it yet.

By the way, those RateSports guys had much left to uncover because they didn't understand the pointers and did things the hard way by just finding names with the same lengths and changing what they could to fit. The secret is in learning how those pointers work.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #78
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
I was frustrated not getting any information from others as well and had to force myself to spend countless hours learning how to do everything to create these editors.
Man, I know it must have really frustrated you. It's not that people on here were keeping things to themselves and not wanting to help. I think it's a combination of trying to remember what was done over 4 years ago in terms of discoveries in this game and there being a serious lack of people still playing it and paying attention to this forum. I wanted to help you a little more earlier on in this process with passing on the info I have, but I've been busy with finishing grad school. Just know that your work hasn't been in vain and we really appreciate all the help. You've done a lot more work and found new stuff that I didn't think was possible! Anything you keep doing or finding is just more icing on top of a cake that probably has way too much icing. haha

P.S. If you ever find a way to edit what plays are in the CPU playbooks, I will never buy Madden again and will just send the money to you every year.

Last edited by theDude47; 01-10-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #79
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Thanks for all the help! I'll try to get your requests into the editor.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Do you happen to know if someone has already uncovered the offsets in the team sections where the stadium offsets are that mess with the cities?

I haven't been able to locate this for some reason
Stadium names offset = 0022F5B0

City names offset = 002438D0

Team mascot names offset = 00231560 (for season CPU teams) and offset = 00234280 (for other teams)

As long as you don't exceed the existing character limit for each item, you can change these manually from inside a hex editor. You can also write new stadium description text and change the stadium capacity number, if you want. I did this for my SEC 2K14 file.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-10-2015 at 06:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »