Home

Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: developer diary 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Did you see the WR getting tackled at the goalline put the ball on the ground to keep himslef from going down short of the goalline? WRs were blocking down field. They need to release more details and a demo now. Still have 2 months though.
I think goal line will have a whole different look and feel with this engine. Instead of having 22 individual animations bumping into each other and not meshing well, these can all blend into one animation...a "pile" if you will. Should make goal line runs and goal line D way more interesting and realistic.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #34

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
I think goal line will have a whole different look and feel with this engine. Instead of having 22 individual animations bumping into each other and not meshing well, these can all blend into one animation...a "pile" if you will. Should make goal line runs and goal line D way more interesting and realistic.
I hope the RB can dive over the pile at the goal line. I haven't seen it yet but, I'm skeptical that It'll be implemented.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #35
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Exactly. Obnoxious is a good word for it.

I can understand If the game looks similar to blitz in terms of the equipment and jerseys(especially the game cover) because, I would agree with that. Other than that this game PLAYS absolutely NOTHING like blitz and anyone that thinks that is just....
So you've played the game? Interesting. Mind sharing some details about the franchise mode, or maybe the teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #36
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

Wow, the last two videos released are quite impressive. My only concern with Backbreaker is, that it is going to be so ground breaking, I won't be able to , or want to go back to regular football games again. This is both good and bad , the good, I'll never buy Madden again, The bad, I'll miss 2k5.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

Impressive video. May have to start removing the "For a first year effort" caveat.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

Can someone post this video to youtube PLEASE so I can watch it on my phone. I'm at work
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
The player models is what makes everyone compare it blitz, but anyone with a brain can see that the game doesn't play anything like blitz...
I can see that. I actually like the Blitz player models better than Madden 10's, but that's me.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 8
in the words of peter griffin.. this game is friggin sweet!! lol I believe most folks good or bad go with what they know. I see potential in this game, so much so that i believe EA will do what they always do. buy it out, and never use it. cant wait for this one! hope we can customize well.. may have to get the ps3 version because of the ease of file transfer, i dunno. I want the 360 version for xb live. guess i will have to wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »