Home

The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

This is a discussion on The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who Should Royals play his upcoming Franchise with?
Mets 7 77.78%
Twins 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #57
Rookie

ClutchJays19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

Just found this. Good work so far. KC vs CLE looks to be intense rivalry soon. Also like the interactive Behind the scenes moments not included in regular GM's. Kinda inspiring to do this myself.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #58
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Love the fight and suspension..must be hockey blood in me lol
Old 06-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
This is getting serious... new rivalry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
This is probably the first real rivalry that I've engaged in. I didn't have too many with the Padres because of the insane talent I put together there.

The Indians and Royals are pretty evenly matched and both teams are loaded with personalities. Cleveland has guys like Chris Perez, Nick Swisher, Carlos Carrasco. We've got guys like Butler, Moose, Cashner...

Detroit is running away with the division so it's going to be us duking it out with Cleveland for 2nd place.

But the short answer is yes, we now have our first legit rivalry in the Manifesto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
Man that's crazy you got hit that many times... I'm still hoping that The show will one day enhance this element of the game where commentary mentions these type of events happening the next time the two teams meet, kind of like how they do when they comment on the previous games performance in game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Imagine if The Show implemented suspensions for these types of things! That would be awesome..
Yeah, I really wish that they had those elements. Especially the commentary. It would be nice to have more history with each matchup instead of just always starting with a clean slate.

In game suspensions would be pretty sweet too. It's not fair that pitchers can hit multiple guys and are only ejected, there needs to be more punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchJays19
Just found this. Good work so far. KC vs CLE looks to be intense rivalry soon. Also like the interactive Behind the scenes moments not included in regular GM's. Kinda inspiring to do this myself.
Thanks dude, I appreciate it! We've definitely got a a legit rivalry going on with CLE and it should only get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Love the fight and suspension..must be hockey blood in me lol
Haha, baseball fights can be brutal, but not that brutal.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #60
MVP

So after we sent Moose down, we put Elliot Johnson at third and threw Trevor Story in at short. Story profiles as a player similar to Troy Tulowitzski, just a good all around shortstop.

Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute, what happened to Alcides Escobar?

Well the kid had a sprained ankle and he's on a short rehab assignment per executive order #1:

Quote:
All players who suffer an injury will be required to complete a rehab assignment. The length and at what levels of the minors will be determined on a case to case basis. Per Major League rules, position players will be limited to 20 days and for pitchers, 30 days.
So there you have it... And once Escobar returns, Story will be bouncing around 3rd, short and 2nd getting as many ABs as he can.

We put Delabar in the 7th inning to get us out of a bases loaded jam that Ted Lilly cooked up. One run was already across we were close to blowing the lead. Then the CPU did the unthinkable.

Ha! What a fool! They tried to pull of a suicide squeeze, the batter somehow missed a fastball down the middle and Salvy caught the ball and tagged the fool out trying to steal.

We darn near lost to Chicago, but luckily we pulled this one out behind a strong start from Ted Lilly and good bullpen work by Steve Delabar and Greg Holland. Not much really to say... it was one of those bland games...

Holland was the story from tonight though. He seems to have rebounded from last season and his early struggles this year. Last season it was taking him 30+ pitches to get through an inning. Now it takes him 15-20ish. He's been using that splitter effectively to change speeds and now it's just a matter of locating his pitches; pitching effectively rather than throwing...

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #61
MVP

I know, I know, this was supposed to be big game James' game but unfortunately, that's not how this roles... we're going to have to take a little detour to watch Jon Lester take on Phenom Dylan Bundy. This Bundy kid, he's not that bad... If I remember he was a mediocre prospect .

Any way, the bullpen is used up so we're going to have to get a big game here from Jon.

However, it wouldn't be just a single effort. Chris Denorfia decided he needed to do a little something extra. He fell a single shy of the cycle, robbed Adam Jones of a sure double on an awesome jumping catch and threw out Manny Machado at first on a groundball to the outfield.

He's making Alex Gordon look really, really bad right about now.

Lester needed 57 pitches to finish the game... 57. That's what you get I guess when you roll a double play every inning but this is more a compliment to his command than anything else. That cutter that he has is cash money. He got so many groundballs on that pitch today that he really didn't have to throw anything else.

Having Lester, Shields and Odorizzi pitching well is going to be a key to our rotation. We can live without Lilly or Davis but we need big innings from the ahem "Big 3" if you will.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #62
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Glad Lester is on a roll in your dynasty. We might have to let him go if he continues to struggle.

Did you get the "Broke No Sweat" award?

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #63
MVP

Back at the Hotel Monaco in Baltimore, George McGovern was sitting in the lobby trying to call Dave Eiland to see what the progress was on the search for Jeremy Guthrie. When lo and behold, Dave Eiland walks through the hotel doors with an Ice Cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGovern
Dave, what the hell are you doing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiland
Uhh, I just walked down the street to get an Ice Cream.
Quote:
Have you been with us this whole trip?
Quote:
Uhh... Yeah.
Quote:
Damn it Dave! I told you to go find out what happened to Jeremy Guthrie and stay in KC... Not travel with the team!
Quote:
I thought you were kidding.
McGovern pulled out his handkerchief and wiped his forehead.

Quote:
You honestly thought I was joking about looking for Guthrie? Dave, he's been missing for like 2 weeks!
Quote:
I put something on twitter...
Quote:
What in Sam Hill is a "twitter"?
Quote:
I don't know. What's a twitter?
Quote:
Boy you must be some kinda stupid.
Quote:
Mamma always said, stupid is as stupid does.
Eiland hung his head and walked towards the elevator.

Quote:
C'mon Dave... Do the right thing. These kids are countin' on you.

In the meantime, Jeremy Guthrie sat tied down to a chair... drenched with sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown 1
We're going to ask you one more time, who is the man in the white suit?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown 2
C'mon Guth, do the right thing.
Jeremy Guthrie had been interrogated nonstop for the past 5 days. He was surviving on a can of chili and a bottle of water... neither of which were enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie
What do you want with me!? I don't know anything... I'm just a #3 pitcher!
Quote:
That may be but you've stepped on quite a few toes around here... and to be honest, some people are getting very frustrated.
Quote:
Like who?
Quote:
You're a Stanford kid right? C'mon Guthrie... you're smarter than that...
Quote:
Please just let me go!
Quote:
I'm afraid we cant' do that.
Quote:
All we want to know is who you were talking to!
... There was a long pause.

Quote:
Look Guth, we had a good friendship didn't we?
... Another long pause.

Quote:
He isn't going to sing... lock him up. After all, a couple uh days in the pantry never hurt no one....

The 2nd Unknown grabbed Guthrie and drug him to the pantry for another 48 hours of complete and utter darkness. Shortly before he was thrown in, a car light shined into the building and illuminated the 1st unknown's face... Guthrie couldn't believe it... he did know the man.

As he sat in complete darkness, Guthrie wondered, "Would they ever find me, Do they even know I'm missing?"

"At least I can rest assured that McGovern has his best man on the job..."

Last edited by royals19; 06-20-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
Glad Lester is on a roll in your dynasty. We might have to let him go if he continues to struggle.

Did you get the "Broke No Sweat" award?
Dude, that sucks. Lester is one of my favorite guys.

I might have, I remember getting some sort of trophy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »