Home

The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

This is a discussion on The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who Should Royals play his upcoming Franchise with?
Mets 7 77.78%
Twins 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The McGovern Manifesto- Restoration, Reformation and Retaliation

How humiliating... how embarrassing. We hype this up and then the **** hits the fan; on prime time too. This game really exposed the fact that we're lacking a real run producer. If there was ever a time we wish we had Wil Myers, right about now's the time. We had runners in scoring position in 6 or 7 innings I think and we really didn't get anything done. We had the bases loaded twice, in the 3rd and 4th and we still didn't get anything cracking. It's a major flaw in our game plan.

You'll notice Freddie Freeman doing some serious work in the above graphic... 2 dingers will earn you a highlight graphic. Now I'm not sure, but I think Freddie Freeman did this same crap against us last season. We all know he's a star... he doesn't have to show it off with the bat flips, popping the chain and the stare downs. He'll get his medicine eventually but it's really a matter of when.

And of course, you know that there can't be any game featured on ESPN without a Web Gem or two and tonight, we've got just the thing.

I'm kicking myself for not making a video of this but...

Cutting to the chase, Alcides Escobar drove a linedrive deep into the gap and it appeared he'd score a pair of guys in scoring position.

Wrong.

B.J. Upton went into full Beast Mode and made a diving catch. And then he went in and hit a homerun after that...

Shameful my friends... shameful. Bow your heads to a REAL ballclub Royals.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #50
MVP

Through the month of April, things have generally gone as expected. Detroit has blown everyone out of the water, we're engaged with Cleveland, and unexpectedly Minnesota, in a battle for second place. Minnesota has the bats and their season hinges on their pitching. Unfortunately for us, their pitching has been shut down this season.

The one thing that surprises me though that we've managed to score more runs than Detroit up to this point. !!!How?! Detroit has one of the best offenses in the game. The thing that separates us is the fact that Detroit has allowed just 82 runs compared to our 135 runs. It's no contest, Detroit has the best ball club in the central, hands down.

I've really gotta hand it to Jim Leyland, or Bob Melvin (I think he is running the show up there).

This season has been really frustrating for us... Guys not coming through, pitchers struggling to go 6 innings, nobody wants to be clutch... It ought to be interesting come deadline time my friends.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #51
MVP

Finally it's time to pitch with Jake Odorizzi...

But I'm afraid his USER debut is overshadowed by a larger backdrop. "The Cleveland Indians-Kansas City Royals Rivalry" The origins of this can be found back in 2012 when they threw at Billy Butler's head and Chris Perez sent out his infamous "Tribe Time" tweet.

Cleveland loves to stir crap up... in fact, it seems like they have to do this stuff to just remind everyone that they're here.... Their glory days of C.C. Sabathia, Cliff Lee, Travis Hafner and Kenny Loften are long gone, so they've transformed themselves into something reminiscent of a playground bully.

Today would further prove my point.

In the image above, you've got George Kottaras being stared down by Zach McAllister in his second AB. Granted Kottaras went a little too hard with the bat flip after he went yack in his first AB. McAllister didn't like it and gave him 94 in the back.

Ok, Ok... we got the message no Yasiel Puigish bat flips.

But we drew the line here:

When Hosmer wore 96 in the back from Matt Capps that was it. Hosmer darn near charged the mound but luckily Cowboy Joe Watson convinced him otherwise. It's one thing to hit a guy because he did a bat flip but it's another thing to just go out there and start hitting our guys just for kicks.

Billy Butler would wear the same thing in his next AB.

Next inning, Greg Holland made damn sure that Asdrubal Cabrera wore some 98 mph heat on the dome... He had to leave the game but hey, that ought to learn 'em. You can't just go around

In the 9th inning is when things boiled over.

We had Moose pinch hit for Elliot Johnson here with Chris Perez on the mound... Big mistake.

First pitch, Perez nails Moose with 98 mph gas on the neck. That tore it. Joe Watson tossed him out of the game but Moose wasn't finished. He threw his helmet and bat towards the dugout and took off after Perez. Perez threw his glove at him and tried to run away but Moose got to him and knocked out his two front teeth. Jason Kipnis tried to pry Moose off of Perez, by he was clotheslined by Billy Butler as he sought out Carlos Corrasco for a little revenge.

As both benches and bullpens cleared, the Indians starting pitcher Zach McAllister took of his cleats and threw them into the pile of people, Nick Swisher picked up Tim Collins and chucked him into the dugout and into the Gatorade cooler.

The game ended up going extra innings and we won the ball game but tensions were still boiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maddon
You know, I really wish I could say this was over... They hit 4 of our guys we hit them twice.. You do the math, 4:2 isn't an equal ratio.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #52
MVP

BUSTED

Moustakas, Chris Perez and 4 others are suspended for role in bench clearing brawl.

Dick Kaegel/MLB.com/ 5-6-13/1:00 CT

CLEVELAND OH- Despite how entertaining last nights brawl might have been, it was costly for both teams. The Commissioner's Office today announced that 6 players will be suspended for their roles in the brawl.

Moustakas and Perez were suspended for 8 games each while Nick Swisher and Zach McAllister of the Indians were banned for 5 games. Billy Butler and Greg Holland of the Royals were each banned for 5 games as well.

"You know, we've gotta have some sort of respect for each other out there. We understood the first beaning but the next 3, couldn't go unexcused." said Moustakas. "It's unfortunate that it came to this but we can't let this distract us, we're in a playoff race."

Chris Perez felt otherwise. "It's a bunch of young guys over there, somebody has to teach them and if James Shields isn't going to do it, then I might as well." said Perez

When asked if he regretted what the team did last night, Perez said "No, I don't regret that. We've been walked on too much. We shouldn't have to put up with this (expletive) you know?

"That's unfortunate they (Indians) have to approach it with this attitude." said Royals Manager Joe Maddon. "Someone could've gotten seriously hurt as a result of their antics." When asked if there will be any retaliation Maddon said. "We're going to let the unwritten rules of Baseball dictate what goes on in tonight's game."

EDIT: 2:00 CT

The Kansas City Royals announced that Mike Moustakas will be optioned to AAA Omaha. "It's a baseball decision and a personal decision." said General Manager Dayton Moore "Moose has been struggling at the plate and we felt that it was important to send him to an environment where he can focus on each AB and not worry about the greater picture."

When asked if the decision had anything to do with last nights brawl, Moore stated, "That was partially a factor in our decision. We felt that Mike needs to refine his mental approach to the game. I mean, we've all seen what he's capable of; we know he has the talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together.

Moustakas will serve his suspension when he returns to the Major League roster.

In a corresponding move, the Royals will call up top prospect Trevor Story. Story is expected to platoon with Chase Utley at second base while Emilio Bonifacio plays third base. Moore also stated that Story will see time on 3rd base as well.

Last edited by royals19; 06-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #53
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

This is getting serious... new rivalry?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 3

Man that's crazy you got hit that many times... I'm still hoping that The show will one day enhance this element of the game where commentary mentions these type of events happening the next time the two teams meet, kind of like how they do when they comment on the previous games performance in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #56
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
Man that's crazy you got hit that many times... I'm still hoping that The show will one day enhance this element of the game where commentary mentions these type of events happening the next time the two teams meet, kind of like how they do when they comment on the previous games performance in game.
Imagine if The Show implemented suspensions for these types of things! That would be awesome..

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »