Home

Chicago... CHICAGO?

This is a discussion on Chicago... CHICAGO? within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #25
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Chicago... CHICAGO?

White Sox Lose in a Game of Hitting

CHICAGO - Paulino started off rough in the second game against the Rays, as the Sox are looking to climb to the top of their division and the rays the same. The first 3 batters all got hits on plays that could've been fielded. Paulino came back to strike out Longoria, then stop a ball that would've gotten two runs it, but it bounced off a foot and only one run scored, with no one getting out. Paulino struck out the next two guys so only one run scored through the 26 pitches. The White Sox continued the slow start, with a 1-2-3 inning and couldn't even get a ball out of the infield.

Paulino came back tough in the second with his 97 MPH fastball. Striking out one and making the other two fly out. Konerko(.421 BA last 5 games) continued being red hot as a leadoff double kicked off the bottom of the second. De Aza hopefully caught fire as he got a single, but then Jose Abreu hit a ground ball that was fielded well by Longoria to end the inning on a DP. Nothing more happened until a bloop in right gave the Rays their 8th hit in 4 innings, and got a second run in. A home run by the Rays would lead to make it 4-0, and Paulino's bad day continued.

Paulino was taken out in the 5th inning, as the Sox didn't want to waste his arm, and let Andre Rienzo have his first crack at this MLB season. Rienzo started off well, getting through his first inning clean with one strikeout. Alejandro De Aza continued his run at getting hot again, singling and stealing 2nd on what he hopes will help bring his average back up to .300. Abreu's terrible campaign continued, as he strikes out with the man in scoring position. Gordon Beckham wouldn't let that stand. First pitch Beckham has a perfect swing to double down the line to make it 4-1. Flowers couldn't get the run in to make it 4-2, as he crushed one right to the third basemen for out number three.

Rienzo continued to pitch well, walking one and getting the rest to end the inning. The White Sox bats couldn't do much as two groundouts and another ball was inches from a home run from Conor Gillaspe. Evan Longoria homered to make it 5-1, and at that point it seemed to be out of reach for the White Sox, but De Aza didn't think so. He got another single to make it 3 for 3 on the day for him. The Rays wouldn't stop pushing, making it 7-1. The White Sox wouldn't give up, in the 8th, Jose Abreu and Tyler Flowers hit solo shots to make it 7-3. Alexi Ramirez then walked, but got caught stealing and Adam Eaton grounded out. The White Sox had 3-4-5 up in the ninth, but it didn't look like a comeback after a Gillaspe strikeout and a terribly hit Paul Konerko fly out. Adam Dunn then flew out and it was game over.

After the Rays win it evens up the series, and puts the Sox at a 16-9 record and themselves at a 14-11 record. The next game is the third game of the series and will likely be a pitchers duel, with lefty aces Sale and Price going at it.

Last edited by KingFry; 07-29-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #26
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Pitchers Duel? Rays Don't Think so

CHICAGO - You know.. other then Chris Sale getting out of a bases loaded jam and the Sox having 1st and second with 1 out.... until Tyler Flowers destroyed a ball... again... it was pretty boring. If you thought that would spice up the game.. it didn't... until the Rays got the bases loaded with nobody out, but if you thought Sale was going to let that fly... you were sort of right... Sale may have struck out a guy and let two hits go and two runs in... but Adam Eaton shows off some of his strength after gunning a guy out at the plate. Sale couldn't grab momentum, he gave up a bases clearing triple then two walks and was replaced by Andre Rienzo. Not looking good for the Sox. After some more walks and some more hits... it was 10-1 and what was thought to be a pitchers duel by the Sox, wasn't. The Rays proved them wrong and they had to pay the price.

But that was game three. The series? Four games long folks. Four. Get your caps and beer, because theres more... tomorrow. After the Rays blowout win they move to 15-11 and the White Sox move to 16-10. Next game Jose Quintana will be pitching for the Sox, as he hopes to once again have a dominant outing. Current rumors circle the Sox about futures of Alexi Ramirez, Conor Gillaspe and Gordon Beckham, but none are worried, especially Ramirez. "If I'm traded then I'm traded. It's a business and I understand that if we drop out of contention that at 33, I won't be much value to this team, but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we DON'T drop out of contention, because I sincerely love Chicago." Gillaspe and Beckham had similar statements. Gillaspe has been talked about with multiple teams sources say, as he is likely just warming the seat for top prospect Matt Davidson, but with Gillaspe sporting a .310 BA and being a leader on the Sox, no one knows for sure what is going to happen.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
Pro

KingFry's Arena

White Sox proceed to leave series tied

CHICAGO - This game started out quick. A solo shot by the Rays countered an RBI double by Paul Konerko to make the game 1-1. The game stayed quiet for a while. No hits. Just ground outs. and pop outs. Then a Konerko double, a single and another double made it 2-1. The White Sox broke out and made it 4-1, but the ruthless Rays countered with a solo shot to make it 4-2.

The Rays couldn't come up with more even after a double, but in the ninth their comeback came short, as the couldn't get two runs in to tie the game after getting 1. The Sox tied the series with the Rays and are now 17-10 and the Rays are 15-12.

(sorry for lack of report... started then had to run so I simmed the rest... should have in depth reports of my next series tonight)
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #28
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Fielding Woes Kill Sox, tie two game series with Tigers

Game 1(played): This game started off with a single from Alexi Ramirez. The speedy shortstop proceeded to steal second after De Aza had a long fly out. Paul Konerko then crushed an 0-2 pitch into center and allowed Alexi Ramirez to score to make it a 1-0 lead.

Adam Dunn continued to prove he would be better off somewhere else, as he misplayed a ball that allowed a run to score, unexpectedly, it wasn't ruled an error and it was an earned run on John Danks. On a ball that could've been thrown to first from RF to get a man out, was thrown wild by Dunn to not get the out. The Tigers managed to take the lead, with three hits with two away to break the tie in the 5th. Dunn had another error on the day, that allowed a runner to get to third. Another error by the Sox influenced a run in to make it 3-1. Another misplayed ball by De Aza would make the game 4-1. Konerko missed yet another one and it was 5-1. Nate Jones couldn't pitch and the fielders couldn't field. The White Sox attempted a comeback but only one run came in while trying.

Game 2(simmed): After fielding woes killed the Sox, they came back down 2-0 in the 8th to win the game. After a home run by Avila and a sac fly by Castellanos to get Avila in again in the 2nd and the 5th, it remained scoreless till the 8th. Hanson pitched 5 innings, striking out 6 and only allowing 4 hits, which would as said lead to two runs. Verlander was pitching a gem until the 8th, where he gave up 2/3 runs. Lindstrom, who was traded by the Sox earlier in the year, came in to get the loss. The Sox only got 5 hits, but they were key hits. Eaton, Konerko and Dunn got the runs in, and Alexi Ramirez and Alejandro De Aza came off the bench to pinch run to get two of them.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 PM   #29
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Guys, going to be switching up my posting a bit. Will still have headlines/pics/lots of info, just going to now regularly be putting in full box scores(no scoring summary) and some more info and maybe another pic or two. Just trying to make it as good as I can, + it's fun for me to read over my posts sometimes.. haha.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #30
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Sox lose to Indians in 3-2 thriller

The matchup today would be between the struggling Indians and the fantastic Sox. Felipe Paulino, 2-2 with a 2.97 ERA and 26 K's through 30 IP, would go against another surprising start from a pitcher, Josh Tomlin, who has a 2.41 ERA.

For the Indians it started off fast, as Michael Brantley drills a ball down the line for a leadoff double. Another deep single would get the run in, even though a strong throw by Adam Eaton almost got him at the plate. The Indians couldn't get anymore, as Felipe Paulino got a DP to and a fly ball to end the inning.

For the Sox, it got started in the second. Dead cold Adam Dunn, who has been rumored to been on the trade block, destroyed a ball for a leadoff single. The red hot Konerko couldn't continue what they hoped would get them started, as he flied out to left, and the same went for Jose Abreu. But Conor Gillaspe crushed his second pitch to right field to score Adam Dunn, and continue his surprising amazing season. Gordon Beckham managed to get on with an error, so the inning continued, just to be ended by Tyler Flowers.

The Indians continued to score, as after a single, Carlos Santana destroyed a ball and made it 3-1. The White Sox proceeded to get an error to allow Mike Aviles on, but ran a 4-6-3 double play to end the inning.

The White Sox proved how tough they were, as they managed to make it 3-2 before a DP ended the inning.

Both teams stayed scoreless for a while. In the 9th the Indians brought in John Axford, to try and end the game, as he had to face Adam Dunn, Konerko and Jose Abreu for sure. A bad throw by Kipnis will allow Adam Dunn to get on, so the Sox would pinch run Avasail Garcia, so at least SOME speed would be on first. Konerko came up and first pitch, he crushed one to left, that would've been a home run in many other parks, but in this one it was an out. Jose Abreu would make the count full, but he would put a ball right at first to get a DP to end the game

Josh Tomlin would end up going 7 strong, giving up 5 hits, 2 runs with 6 K's. Paulino would go 6 innings, giving up 3 ER on 4 hits with 4 K's.

The shortened series will have it's final game, with Chris Sale matching up against Justin Masterson in Cleveland. Masterson has a 4.04 ERA but has gotten run support from the Indians to allow him to be 3-0. Sale has a 3-2 record, and has been a bit off his game, even though his 3.46 ERA and 47 K's suggests otherwise.

Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians
May 1, 2014123456789RHE
Chicago (18-11)011000000251
Cleveland (11-18)120000000353
W: Tomlin (W, 3-1) L: Paulino (L, 2-3) S: Axford (S, 8)
Chicago White Sox
HITTERSABRHBIBBSOAVG
Ramirez, SS400000.259
Eaton, CF412000.274
De Aza, LF401101.278
Dunn, RF411001.268
Konerko, 1B400001.306
Abreu, DH400000.164
GIllaspe, 3B301101.304
Beckham, 2B300001.253
Flowers, C200011.264
TOTALS3225216
BATTING
2B: Gillaspe
RBI: De Aza, Gillaspe
BASERUNNING
SB: Eaton 2
FIELDING
E: Ramirez
Chicago White Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOERA
Paulino (L, 2-3)6.0433043.22
Jones2.0100113.97
TOTALS853315
Cleveland Indians
HITTERSABRHBIBBSOAVG
Brantley, LF412000.211
Murphey, RF401100.275
Kipnis, 2B300002.301
Swisher, 1B300000.347
Cabrera, SS311000.257
Gomes, C300001.288
Santana, 3B311200.281
Aviles, DH200011.243
Johnson, CF300001.166
TOTALS2835315
BATTING
2B: Brantley 2
HR: Santana
RBI: Murphy, Santana 2
FIELDING
E: Kipnis, Santana 2
Cleveland Indians
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOERA
Tomlin (W, 3-1)7.0522062.49
Pestano (H, 3)1.0000107.36
Axford (S, 8)1.0000004.15
TOTALS952216

Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #31
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

OVR: 0

Like the new look man. Nice Job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #32
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESexton18
Like the new look man. Nice Job.
Thanks. Since my game recaps of my other posts were pretty easy I thought I should probably add some more. Gonna be having some short recaps of some of my upcoming games since I have 5 games against the Cubs...

Last edited by KingFry; 08-01-2014 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »